Departing...arriving part 15

I believe that Steve Burton (Harris Michaels) had been contacted by Days to be on the regular show. They wanted to "rest" the character of Hope for about 4-5 months, then bring her back with a big storyline involving a relationship with a Navy Seal. But Kristian Alfonso (Hope) appeared to get upset about having the character gone from Salem for that amount of time and abruptly quit, mid-storyline, with scenes to still be taped. That's why we got the awkward scenes trying to explain how Hope just disappeared from Salem when Ciara was found to still be alive.

When Kristian Alfonso (Hope) agreed to come back for Beyond Salem 2, Hope was involved with Harris, who is in the military. My guess is that they just reworked the storyline they had planned for the regular show and used it for Beyond Salem 2. This is just my speculation on how things happened, but my guess is that Steve Burton (Harris) was supposed to come back to Salem originally for that Hope storyline. And now that it played out on Beyond Salem 2, they're migrating him over to the regular show, along with Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and Peter Reckell (Bo).

Again, this is all my speculation on how that played out.

Whatever makes sense, or good taste won't be the way a storyline goes. Witness how disgusting the formerly funny Leo has become.

Yes, Days seems to be dredging up old history, puzzling a lot of viewers who have not the slightest idea what the references have to do with anything. Currently, the prisms are needed to help the 3 women who are dead.....or not. Years ago they were needed to cure Stefano's brain tumor.

Various adventures secured the 1st one, then the 2nd, and finally the 3rd.....which I understand was dropped purposely into the ocean by Andre. But like everything else in Salem, nothing is ever really lost, no one really dies, unless they are being written out. Notice that Victor has not suddenly fallen ill, had a stroke while visiting Greece, etc. He is just "out of town", & Maggie becomes his voice, relaying his comments and decisions.

I thought an alligator ate one of the prisms. :rotfl: I could be wrong.
If that alligator would also devour some of the more annoying Salemites, it would really improve Days. As for Paul Narita, if he learns that the only gay man left in Salem is Leo, he just might change his mind about returning.

I wonder if we'll get a scene with Ben and Alex together? Probably not since using the same actor to play 2 parts in the same scene is a time-consuming pain in the neck, because the scene has to be taped twice, with the actor playing both parts while a stand-in is opposite of them playing the other person and shown from the back.

It’s going to be ridiculous. They made some cheeky jokes at first, but no one has directly remarked that Alex and Ben are doppelgängers. Justin has never said Ben looks just like his son. Sonny never said the guy who sort of murdered my husband looks exactly like my brother. This was the problem with this idiotic casting, but I figured Ben would be gone long enough to recast the role if Alex was sticking around. They should just recast one of the parts.

Back