Departing...arriving part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if this possible rumor comes to pass with Emily O'Brien (Gwen) taking over for Jen Lilley, are we going to have a Brady/Theresa/Alex triangle or a Brady/Theresa/Xander triangle? How about Brady/Kristen/Thersea or Brady/Chloe/Thersea or even a Brady/Thersea/Philip angle? Any other possibilities I'm leaving out? Imagine the opportunities for the writing staff to waddle through. :sarcasm::beat:

Yes, I have mentioned them in the past. Days has a really crazy taping schedule, and when an actor who doesn't live in the area is needed, they film scenes from a lot of different episodes, (way ahead). Thus the actor can still be on Days, as they would not be able to constantly fly back and forth every few days or each week. For a long time Greg Vaughan (Eric) lived in another state, tho he now moved back to the L.A. area.

I honestly don't get......if it is true and not a fake item....that Jen Lilley returns to play Theresa for a few times, and then Emily O'Brien (Gwen) steps in and takes over to play Theresa. Seems so weird.

Do we think there's a big amount of time for the Theresa casting turn around? I really like Jen Lilley and I'm actually glad they asked and she agreed to return for Victor's death. I assume that's the reasoning and I love her returning as an honor to him.

The entire recasting thing is annoying. Aren't Gwen and Brady two people who are shockingly not related in Salem. Why can't they just be a couple? We've long accepted that Tater Tot is not around so no one was really concerned with that situation. Just hate that they've decided there's like 10 actors in the world and they're just going to swap people around. Up next Talia comes back as Lexie who's been preserved on ice as a younger woman.

So Gwen will find out about Dimitri and Leo, dissolve the marriage (there goes the fortune), leaves Salem, and the next time we see Emily O'Brien, she is playing Theresa? I really like both actresses (Emily O'Brien and Jen Lilley) and would like to see them both on the show. Bringing back Jen Lilley as Theresa for a short time and then replacing her with Emily O'Brien as Theresa is a terrible idea. But not the first and not the last terrible idea this show has had.

We still have the Ben/Alex and Adrienne/Bonnie doppelgangers.

Color me confused.:head scratch:

I'm guessing the writers have run out of ideas for Gwen, wanted to keep Emily O'Brien on the show and having her take over the role of Jeannie T after Jen Lilley makes a brief return to Salem was (in their minds) their best option. Same as when Ciara and Ben sailed off to see the world with Baby Bo, and they wanted to keep Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) on the show, so we got glasses-on-glasses-off Alex Kiriakis.

Just like Drake Hogestyn (John) said about Paul being his son, even though is was literally impossible by what we saw on-screen, that we just have to go with it.

Belle’s departure will be no loss to the Salem legal community. Anyone foolish enough to hire her as an attorney was usually in for a world of hurt in the courtroom. Any one of them would have been better off with Aiden and his dead bird or Sloan.

As for Jeannie T. returning, will Brady’s already overloaded brain circuitry be able to handle it? Poor Brady’s mind is already overloaded dealing with Rachel and Kritter and Chloe and Xander.

Finally, if Tamara Braun (Ava) is going to be on contract, let’s hope it’s only to be Harris’s Bayview buddy and not to be another problem for the already stressed out Salem residents.

I don't know how close the two Theresas will be. I think bringing Jen Lilley (Theresa) back was done specifically and maybe not originally connected to the casting switch. Theresa and Victor together right before Theresa left to protect Brady was something that really sticks out with me. I wonder if she offered to make an appearance out of respect for him and just wanted to be part of it? It really isn't something that was needed. Maybe that sparked an idea of something in the future for the character down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back