Departing...arriving part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, what happens when you want to bring back the other character? Having Ben back a few weeks ago was bizarre. You can’t have the characters on air at the same time. I can only imagine this is some money-saving measure. How about fire the useless executive producer, elevate someone else, and having proper casting?

What in the world? I'm a big Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) fan and would love her return even if it was only for a quick visit. Possibly the only timeframe that I liked Brady. If they're recasting then they should skip her altogether though. And if they're recasting with Emily O'Brien (Gwen) than that's just absurd. As someone who doesn't mind if the recast someone midweek, this is too much even for me.

I laughed out loud

For those who can't read tweets

Days likes turning actors into someone else

jeannie-blink.gif

So is Gwen going away? Never to be heard from again?

I’ve previously read that a lot of British/Australian/other foreign accented actors/actresses can do non-accented voices more easily than us non-accented can do a foreign accent.

Will Emily O'Brien (Gwen) do the glasses trick when we first saw Alex? Or will she color her hair when she
comes back as Theresa?

I've read Gwen leaves Salem. Does this mean Leo and Dimitri go too?

I like Gwen and think the actress is terrific, but if they’re going to start having every contracted actor play different characters (and not as doppelgängers), the show is on its last legs. This is worse than having implausible numbers of bedrooms in tiny apartments to save on sets. It’s not fun or cute. It’s absurd. She’s not Theresa. She’s Gwen. It was one thing when New Roman showed up with Chris Kositcheck’s face. That was years later. I still don’t like this whole Ben/Alex thing. Now they’re doing it again. It cheapens the show.

Yup it's like they're down to a few actors and they have to just rotate them around or something. I get liking an actress but then come up with a reason to keep her and the character. Shocked they didn't recast her as Abigail to be honest.

still don’t like this whole Ben/Alex thing
Me either - but I think a part of it is Robert Scott Wilson's lackluster acting as Alex. It's like he knows he doesn't have to try because Re-Ron would rewrite the sun for him.

Overall I agree about too many actors playing different characters too closely together (even the "secret twin" thing is extremely dated). This show is too old and appeals to too diverse a demographic to go meta. I was hoping the show would get faster with the change to Peacock, and it hasn't. It's the same old kitchen-sink '60s writing but with more swearing.

Me either - but I think a part of it is Robert Scott Wilson's lackluster acting as Alex. It's like he knows he doesn't have to try because Re-Ron would rewrite the sun for him.
I think you hit the nail on the head with this, Jason. Robert Scott Wilson plays Alex like he doesn't care at all about the character. It was a stupid thing to do because we really got to know him as Ben with all the nuances that Ben had. Alex has none of that. Alex is a one dimensional character, At least, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like they just really wanted the actor and looked back and picked a character and just went with it. Bringing Alex on didn't really add anything and he came on the scene as basically some guy they wanted to sleep with everyone. He wasn't even some charming womanizer but instead was like some a dude who'd be trying to pick up a lady in a bar at 2AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back