Departing...arriving part 17

Kyle Lowder has a new job as news anchor for a station in Santa Barbara, CA.

His bio says he has been a morning co-anchor at KTVN, CBS channel 2, in Reno, Nevada, since July, 2023. He's also shown on the station's website in the middle of the second row. https://www.2news.com/meet_the_team/

Kyle Lowder has joined Reno, Nevada CBS station KTVN as a morning co-anchor.

Lowder had played a character called Rex Brady on Days of our Lives since 2018.

“The ink is dry and it’s official. I couldn’t be happier to announce the next chapter/adventure in my life, both personally and professionally,” Lowder wrote on social media.

”Starting in July I will be joining news leader and CBS affiliate @ktvn_reno as their new morning co-anchor. Truly grateful and thrilled to be a part of the beautiful Reno-Tahoe community. Details forthcoming, stay tuned…”

Last edited:
He really gets around. He was a real estate agent in Santa Barbara area for over 20 years! & then took on the news anchor job at Reno station. Gonna have to stop skimming news articles.

That's kind of cool about Kyle Lowder (Rex). It's definitely a different career choice, but it's nice to see a different layer there, and being a news anchor will make him even more relatable to the people in the market his channel serves. It's easy to get caught up in the whole star-struck notions and to not see movie stars as something out of this world, but I like it when they're able to be seen just as a regular person, going through the same everyday lives that we are.

Is Susan "with" Roger now? (if she wasn't "dead") I can't remember the explanation of why she and Edmund broke up, but I was thinking she was with Roger, the one that impersonated Elvis in Nashville, when they found Will alive?

There was no real explanation why Susan and Edmund divorced. Just that they were no longer together and she was with Roger, the Elvis impersonator. The last we knew, Roger was still in Susan's life, just living back in Memphis while she was in Salem.

OMG, the legendary Edmund Crumb returns. For years, I thought he was a legend who only lived in the imaginations of long-time viewers. In any case, Edmund is better suited to saving Susan than Roger who’s always busy, busy, busy impersonating the King.

I'm not sure I trust EJ's definition of what a "good" man is. "Good" in EJ's eyes might mean very, very evil, like his rapist parents, murderous stepdad, psychotic Samanther, babyswitching paramour Nicole, and his 4 rapist siblings.

(Yes, I know the Edmund we saw on-screen was good, and had a fair reason for killing whom he thought was Kristen.)

Back