Departing...arriving part 17

What? Nancy and Mike dating? No way.

I do wish Mike would return to Salem, either played by Roark Critchlow or Michael T. Weiss. Or another actor that is 60ish. Can bring back Robin or April or have a new love interest. Need more Hortons to come back to Salem.
I'd like to see Roark Critchlow come back as Mike Horton.

What an awful way to write these characters departures from Salem. If the actors are both leaving, the writers should have been astute enough to know that viewers and fans would much prefer a story of forgiveness and endless love. Belle could have made an attempt to forgive Shawn and ask if they can leave together and she can be there for him in his recovery process.

He is showing remorse and he is acknowledging he needs help processing the events around his father and grandfather. Certainly, they could write Belle as more supportive and willing to forgive her husband. And they can write Shawn as wanting his wife to come with him to wherever this rehab center is located.

Belle did want to go with him, and I believe she forgave him......however, he insisted he needed to do this by himself. It really is very weird.

But then that fired guy really did a lot of damage to the show.

Whatever we see going on currently, was already done when fired guy was in charge. He "suggested" storylines, and we have all heard of the verbal and physical abuse the cast suffered through.....and some of the departures were actors who just said "ENOUGH".

Days films 5-6 months in advance, so current episodes were done last April/May......Fired guy departed Days beginning of August.

Yes, Days had budget slashed at least 3 times, which is why the reduction in sets, EVERYONE took pay cuts. But when actors "gave notice" it was on their own volition, they were not wanting to sign contracts, commit themselves long term. Many instead went on recurring. There was, and still is, lots to clean up. I still cannot get that very brief video clip (wish I could remember where I saw it) out of my mind, one of the cast or crew got it with their phone camera, very short, but fired guys was "showing" how an actor was to do a scene, Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) was lying on a bed, and fired guy threw himself on top of her. It was disgusting.

Back