Departing...arriving part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love it if Hope returns, BUT given how the actress's relationship with the show has been - I'd be just as fine with a body double being shown from the back, hugging Julie with a close-up on Julie, and then constantly having Hope be in another room, too upset to speak, etc. Because we know the -ahem- "enthusiastic" fans of Hope & Bo won't accept a recast.

Even if they can't get the actress (who may just be a surprise as Kat mentioned), Hope MUST be in Salem for her father's funeral.

I remember when Caroline died during the Salem Stalker storyline. It was said Kim and Kayla were both there, but they were downstairs in the church nursery tending to the children during the service. And I think right after the service when people were mingling, it was mentioned they went on ahead to the pub (with the kids) to help get things set up for the luncheon. Then when everybody gathered at the pub, they said Kim and Kayla were upstairs feeding the kids.

When Mickey died, Sarah was mentioned as being in the other room, and later she was waiting in the car for Melissa and Maggie.

He's a little young to be Dario.
If the new actor is Dario, they definitely de-aged him.

Although, the original actor who played Dario was a younger guy, then he was replaced with the new actor who appeared much older and mature than the original actor.

Kind of like Nicky Alamain. When they SORAS'd little Nicky with Victor Webster, he was a grown/mature man. But when they brought him back to wrap up Carly's drug addiction storyline, the new actor was much younger, more like a young man in his early 20s. He and Melanie appeared to be about the same age, although Nicky should've been a good 10-12 years older than her.

Unpopular opinion to follow:

I really like Ari Zucker's Nicole, there have been times I've questioned the why behind her story-driven movements. But if what had happened to her had happened to me, standing up to a bully and then being penalized for my actions, followed by a very insulting contract renewal, which was more of a "we won't fire you but we will force you to quit" firing, I'm not sure I'd go back, EVER.

I would love to see her back but I totally understand that she is suing the company and that makes it difficult to return. I'm just sorry that we haven't heard that some of the older actresses didn't stand up to the bully, and frankly appalled that they thought it was okay. It sounds like such an unsafe work place environment that Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), Deidre Hall (Marlena), Mary Beth Evans (Kayla), Drake Hogestyn (John), Stephen Nichols (Patch), Wally Kurth (Justin) didn't stand up to the bully to protect the younger workers. Maybe they did and we aren't hearing about it, but that seems odd too.

All the best to Ari Zucker (Nicole), you are a brave soul.

I would love to see her back but I totally understand that she is suing the company and that makes it difficult to return. I'm just sorry that we haven't heard that some of the older actresses didn't stand up to the bully, and frankly appalled that they thought it was okay. It sounds like such an unsafe work place environment that Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), Deidre Hall (Marlena), Mary Beth Evans (Kayla), Drake Hogestyn (John), Stephen Nichols (Patch), Wally Kurth (Justin) didn't stand up to the bully to protect the younger workers. Maybe they did and we aren't hearing about it, but that seems odd too.

All the best to Ari Zucker (Nicole), you are a brave soul.
I, too, am disappointed in the older actors you mentioned. I wish they would have stood in solidarity and support of the younger actors. Their silence make it seem they are loyal to A.A. (The fired director) and to Corday (friend of fired director).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back