Departing.... arriving Part 2

Inasmuch as scripts are written months in advance, actors know if they will be needed. Some of the actors were obviously not written in........tho there were plenty of U-5s (under 5 lines, or extras). John had a list, Marlena had a list. Susan was on Marlena's. Now JJ could have had a reason...he had to work...twas his shift, or something like that.We can name a lot lot Salemites who were NOT there........again, dang budget. I don't even know why they had to say an excuse for Victor & Maggie, but not for others. But, for whatever reason, guess some just were not invited!

I don't think ALL were there even then.......they won't even do that for Christmas or Thanksgiving. And really, they COULD possibly film scenes with some cast members for that holiday on different days, and edit them into one show. I used to love the Christmas shows when the whole cast would sing some Christmas song at the end, holding their small kids, credits rolling slowly by, everyone laughing, smiling. Oh, well, days gone by and all that.

Instead, we've had a small child lose an eye and a major character being beaten within an inch of her life in a jail cell. Geez, Merry Christmas to all.

I don't even know why they had to say an excuse for Victor & Maggie
Because they needed Kate to say in front of John that Maggie saw Kristen at KMansion.
they weren't able to use all of the main characters for the party scenes
While others are remarking on who was absent, I was amazed by how many people appeared in the show. I'm eagerly awaiting Mr. 47's cast chart for the month.

These writers get brain freeze or brain fog, quite often. No brainer or just no brain. :beat: :whack: All of these apply to absences at the party.

Because they wrote him out! When he came on, he was replacing the previous actor, and it was supposed to be for just a short time, but they extended it somewhat. That is what happens when the show films 6-7 months in advance, and scripts are a few months before that. The show had no idea that the actor would go over so well with the viewers. By the time they got a clue, heck, the actor was already gone!

Stefan.... the first one I never liked or warmed up too.... this one I like.... it would however have been SO MUCH BETTER if he had been introduced as someone NOT connected to anyone else in Salem..... I could buy Vivian's nephew.... or son..... but why with Stefano?? lazy storytelling......

Or, if he had to be a DiMera, they could've done another branch on the family tree. Stefano was the seventh son of Santo DiMera. Stefan-Zero could've been a great-great-great nephew of Stefano's. Or they could've made him the son of Andre or Tony.

lazy storytelling......
BINGO!

Odd that for having 10 children (Peter, Kristen, Benjy, André, Tony, Renee, Megan, Lexie, EJ, Chad, and now Stefan), he has only 6 grandchildren (Steven, Theo, Sydney, Johnny, Thomas, and Charlotte). And we never see any other DiMeras sniffing around the family fortune (since when John was a DiMera they insinuated that the legacy was inherited, not built from Stefano's toil). Odd and lazy.

The DiMansion seems to be given to whomever becomes head of DiMera Enterprises. This really isn't the case. It is the home of the DiMera children/grandchildren. The writers need to stop the giveaway. Ridiculous. It is their heritage. These are my thoughts. It just drives me crazy. :whack:

Back