Departing... arriving Part 5

I have read that Kate Mansi (Abby) and Billy Flynn (Chad) do not like each other at all, so that may a reason she left, especially since she had supposedly signed a contract. I think when Abby comes back, she will be cured of hallucinations, or else why would she leave her treatment? I did think it was telling when Chad told Jack that the Abby we know is gone forever. But, normal Abby is pretty boring. Maybe they will have her focus on her reporting.

I believe Kate Mansi (Abby) was talked into returning, but she only signed a contract for the short time period. She had told them that was all she would consent to stay. Seems she meant it. Had not heard of any behind the scenes friction......but all the actors do a good job, if any exists, of keeping it behind the scenes, certainly isn't bandied about in social media.

My goodness, Days has really got a long "visitor" list for this summer, don't they? I just learned they will be having a visit from Eduardo (A.Martinez), Philip, Sami, (probably August) & even Chloe in Sept. ???

FINALLY!! Bring back the late 90's, yes!! Ivan and Vivian were like the "Lucy & Ethel" of Days, just French lol! I take it Ivan comes to bail Vivian out of jail when she went to shoot Lani.
I know veteran viewers are pleased that Ivan is coming back, but having missed all his appearances except the one in which he saved Salem from Vivian by taking her to Bollywood, the Vivian associate that I'd like to see is Gus. His "madames" were worth the price of admission. Speaking of past actors, I ran across the news recently that Roscoe Born who did a fine job as the diabolical Dr. Trent Robbins died back in March. I had always hoped that in typical Salem fashion Trent might still be alive after all and would return for a short stay. The appearance of her hideous ex-husband might have given Nicole something else to concern herself with than other persons' business, and it would have given Eric heartburn and somebody else to rip into besides Xander.

Last edited:
I am a little confused about the timelines. We know Sami is returning in August, but maybe that was before the schedule got moved up? We have seen previews of her fighting with Nicole and knocking over a wedding cake, which I thought was going to be Eric and Nicole's wedding, and that is supposed to happen in July.

Again, I am not a fan of bringing back former characters for just a few days. I am disappointed that it is Bonnie who is coming back, and I hope she is in and out quickly. I think Chloe is supposed to be back full time when she cones back, correct? Philip, too? And we still have Eve to look forward to (or not), but that will be around Ciara's and Ben's wedding, so later in the month. Hmmmm, Papa Hernandez comes back? I wonder if it has to do with Rafe's departure and/or the many rumors about Gabi leaving too.

Hmm. Will Eduardo meet Will? If so, I can see this going in three ways:

-Eduardo sees Ari with Will and assumes he is kidnapping her and attacks Will, thus scaring and traumatizing Ari (since she probably won't remember him).
-Eduardo sees Will with Gabi and assumes he is her boyfriend.
-Will introduces himself to Eduardo as Ari's bio dad and Eduardo attacks him, accusing him of abandoning Ari (without waiting for an explanation as to why he was missing for two years of her life)

Or, since everyone's so warm and compassionate and forgiving in Salem now, they meet without violence and part ways as unlikely friends.

I'm not looking forward to Eve

I'm ok with Sami if it drives story and if she interacts with her family members and Rafe

Chloe is back on contract but I guess we don't know the length. I wonder if she is still part owner of Julie's?

I'm ecstatic about Philip. I hope this is a long term contract and that Belle and Shawn have also been signed to long term contracts. I would think Hope's departure frees up a lot of money. These are the characters that should be leading the show.

I wouldn't hate it if Brady took a break but I don't think Eric Martsolf (Brady) will ever voluntarily leave. I've met him several times and he's always been open about how he's the breadwinner in his family. I get it.

Evidently, Olivia Keegan (Claire) had accepted a role in Disney's High School Musical - The Musical, which is filming in Salt Lake City. So, apparently, the role of Claire was recast for about a month or so before the Covid shutdown. No word yet on who the recast is... (Guess we will be seeing the recasting come end of July into August???

Back