Departing... arriving Part 5

Sure do have a lot of characters popping in and out. Sami will be arriving next week, Vivian is already here, as is Claire & Lucas. Looking forward to Philip come August, not so much Sami which is next week. Chloe arrives in September, ....all are being played by the original actors. Also returning will be Marci Miller as Abby, (she played her before) & Ivan. But we will be losing Will, Sonny (tho talk is they will be returning) Rafe, Hope, & even Ciara (no idea if the role will be recast), maybe Gabi as well. But I believe Belle & Shawn will be seen again. (They could possibly still be in town, tho we have not seen them in a while, being that Days seems to "rest" some characters from time to time. )

I believe Eve will be showing up pretty soon, & Eduardo is supposed to be in August.

She’s pretty and will be interesting if she is on short term or long term.
Being 28 (the actress) certainly will age the character 6 to 7 years. Poor Hope must be feeling old having a granddaughter that age haha. Claire’s mom (Belle) was not even born 28 years ago - she was born in 1993 I think. The age difference between mom and daughter (actresses playing them) will be less too. They will look more like sisters.

Paul Telford (Xander), in an interview recently, said something about "another cousin" coming to town, thus "story" for Xander. That will be interesting...Wonder if it will be one of Justin's sons......or someone from one of those Kiriakis brother's families..........(Hasn't Victor said there was more than one or two brothers??)

I know that the current actress who plays Claire considers herself a singer (and I guess if she was cast in High School Musical, she must be), but it also seems that this recast also has a strong musical and dance background. I don't know if that will have anything to do with the direction for Claire, but that would be interesting. Maybe she and Chloe could sing together, if the show would pay for music! I know there were several other cast members with nice voices, too.

The show cannot afford to pay the royalties. Thus, either they use an original song, or make a deal with a new songwriter, to use their song, in exchange for the "exposure". Only songs in public domain are more or less "free", & most of those are Christmas hymns.

I do miss our actors being given the chance to show their talent in other areas.

Back