Departing... arriving Part 5

I wish Mr. DelHoyo (Orpheus) well in his future endeavors, but I have no desire to seek his character back on Days. The way the writers present Orpheus, he's a vicious, sadistic, but uninteresting villain who is devoid of any class or savoir faire like Stefano. It's too bad the writers couldn't see some old episodes of Another World in which the late actor Roberts Blossom played Sven Petersen, the creepy, scheming butler. When his employer, wealthy publisher Mackenzie Cory wasn't around, he smoked his cigars and drank his liquor. His most ambitious scheme was to force Mr. Cory to leave Rachel by tricking him into bed with his niece who worked at his mansion. Sven oozed menace, he did not engage in sick, sadistic plots. His only clearly criminal act was kidnapping Rachel and holding her in a remote cabin. Mr. Blossom played his character so well that he won the soap award for Favorite Villain in 1978.

I wouldn't want to have to pick which one I'd rather see on my screen, Orpheus or Claire. For very different reasons, they are both intolerable to me.

On the other hand, I'm so excited about Jay Kenneth Johnson coming back as Philip! He was one of my favorites. I just hope they don't make a mess of writing for him and ruin the whole thing.

I'm hoping Philip comes back to reclaim Titan from the hands of immature, petty Brady and that he and Victor make amends as father and son. I find it ridiculous that for years Victor always wanted a son but seemed closer to Brady rather than Philip.

Back