Does EJ really mean what he said to Sami?

EJ telling Sami he gave everything up for her already is a farce. It was strategically taken back by Stefano who was 5 steps ahead of him already. What EJ gave up to Stefano was his pride when he was forced to kneel and kiss fatha's ring. Even then he was still allowed a mansion life with all the perks and finer things.

Well, he and Sami were forced to live in the manse by Stefano. At that point, they were considering moving away to a place of their own.

I'm on the conflicted side. I think this is some of the best acting James Scott (EJ) has done on the romantic lead/non-villain aspect of EJ (even if I don't agree with the idea of EJ being anything but a villain). I do feel sorry for EJ a bit, but I think that comes from the blindside we as viewers got about Sami/Kate plotting and not seeing Sami's initial reaction to the pictures. I think if I had seen her reaction, I would be 100% "Go Sami Go!" (Right now, that's at 99% :) ).

But, this is not how we have come to expect EJ to react. After Sami shot him, he immediately started faking amnesia and plotting against Sami while he was still in the hospital. He has NEVER taken any time in a defensive/explanatory stance; it's always been an offensive/vengeful stance. I don't buy that "love" has changed him. I think he is telling her what he thinks will soften her up as he's still in the "win her back" mode, and I think he might want to believe it himself, but it just rings hollow. He told her he gave up everything to get her out of jail. No EJ, you were not penniless and homeless; you still lived in the house and had the fancy clothes and luxuries. That's not the same thing as what Sami has planned for you, I guarantee it. If EJ had truly sacrificed anything but the power/control of the company and was forced to give up the luxuries, maybe I'd buy his claims now.

Sami & EJ both have done horrible things to each other, their families & to others. Many of those things being similar. They are a lot alike & many of the things said about EJ can be said for Sami. Kidnap, attempted murder, lies, manipulations, cheating, rape, vengeance, being reactionary, going to any means to get what they want.

That's why I think EJ meant what he said & is truly sorry for the affair, until he is forgiven. Then he'll be back to the same ole same ole just as Sami has done in the past & continues to have good relations with who she raped (Austin), almost killed indirectly (Lucas) & even drugged (John). It's definitely not a conventional love Sami & EJ have but I do see love there in their own way.

Sami and EJ don't love each other at all. EJ is obsessed, has victimized, manipulated, lied and tried to control her for years. Sami is so self destructive due to her past mistakes that she ruined her great marriage and is so desperate for a man that she went with the only one that would have anything to do with her, despite his abuse.

She has no self worth so she took the only snake left and it bit her again because of his complete selfishness and being raised to think that because of his last name he could have anything he wanted.

What kind of a man enjoys knowing that the woman he "loves" is living with an imposter and is being assaulted by that individual and does nothing to stop it??
I will never ever forget how he & EJ laughed and "toasted" when Arnold "consumated" the marriage & called EJ to gleefully tell him. Or how EJ & Stefano jovially ate their meal, drank their wine or brandy, sitting in front of the helpless real Rafe, on a cot in THEIR jail cell.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EJ isn't capable of loving anyone. EJ believes he is entitled to Sami because that is what he wants. EJ has never considered Sami's feelings, if he had, he would not have tried to ruin her relationships with Rafe and Lucas.

EJ is trying a new tactic because his usual tactics with Sami result in her shooting him in the head. EJ will just lie to, betray, and cheat on Sami again, and he will do the same thing to anyone (Nicole, Taylor, etc.) he is involved with. EJ didn't know Sami knew about his cheating when they were planning their wedding. He was willing for Sami to have the girl he cheated with as her maid of honor, even though it made Abby extremely uncomfortable, because he didn't care about either Sami or Abby's feelings. EJ only cared about getting what he wanted - Sami to marry him.

I don’t believe EJ ever loved Nicole either. When Nicole lost the baby in 2012, EJ didn’t care at all about how devastated Nicole was. EJ used Nicole’s anguish to get her to confide in him, then he immediately went to Rafe’s to cause problems for Rafe/Sami.

EJ always wants Sami and Nicole to forgive him, but he never shows them any compassion or sympathy. EJ will say what he thinks they want to hear for a little while, but when they don’t immediately come around to doing what he wants, the real EJ makes an appearance, and it’s time for revenge.

edited to fix font....JS

Nope, Jr is a compulsive lier. He didn't give up anything for Sami. Unfortunately Sami's brain has stopped working for a number of years now and I believe she will go back to the creep and forgive him. :sick: She has always had jr on her mind, like the forbidden fruit. She threw away true love for a subsitute and she deserves everything she gets. Just what did she expect from a man that cheated with others?

I'm with SnowFox - I truly do not believe that he is capable of love, or that he loves her as he says he does. If he did, there would not have been as much emotional torture as there has been over the years.

And I'm not entirely sure that Sami is capable of love either, considering.

I have always thought that EJ does love Sami - and he has a really bad way of showing it, especially when things are bad. These are not excuses for the terrible things he has done - and to HER, especially - but I see it like an immature person. They can handle things fairly well when things are going well, but the instant things start going badly, they really revert to ridiculous means to try to protect themselves or what they have or whatever. And in their desperation they don't see that their actions are so very detrimental to themselves and those they are trying to "keep." It's like they think only about the short-term gain or loss - the NOW - instead of how this short-term reaction will affect the long-term. Frankly, Sami is very much the same way, and I think that's why they get each other, in spite of the nastiness that has happened between them.

I also agree with sirramix in that, just because EJ says, and maybe even means, the right things right now, that doesn't mean he's a changed man. He's still EJ, and will still do the things that EJ does - to others and to Sami. And so is Sami.

I'll say again - none of this excuses ANY of the things they did to each other! In reality, this would be a different story! But in terms of a story on a soap, I do think EJ meant what he said. I think he loves her, and I think Sami loves him. But they are both highly flawed, immature, vindictive, and volatile, and the soap setting allows for their reactions to be completely over the top, and yet I think they can still understand each other. I have no idea how this will end, but I also saw what could be foreshadowing in this episode. At this point, I'm enjoying the story enough that I'm not sure it matters how it ends. Sure, I'll be disappointed if it ends differently than I hope, but if they story is done well, I could be satisfied with any ending. Not that the ending is what this topic was about! :)

Yes, a rational person doesn't love like that. I never said he or Sami were rational! Frankly, I think it's clear that they are not! :) As much as I have liked them together, I have always said that I don't understand WHY I like them together. It is something inexplicable and that goes against my views of what should or shouldn't happen. But I somehow do think that they get each other and love each other, in their strange, destructive little way. That's all I got. LOL!

EJ's pathetic excuse in the past was he just couldn't handle not being with Sami. This time around, EJ had Sami, and even though he told Kristen if he lied to Sami about Kristen/Eric he would lose her, EJ lied anyway, and then he cheated.

EJ does not care about anyone except himself. EJ sees Sami and his children as possessions. Sami needs to stay the course, and get EJ out of her life for good.

Back