Does EJ really mean what he said to Sami?

I don't think love is the proper word for it. Love means you get to the point of putting the other person before yourself; something EJ and Sami have never done for/to each other. Have there ever been feelings between each other? Yes, at times. But it never quite mde it to true love. Obsession would be the real word-whether trying to get together or destroy each other's lives, it has always been an obsession. And the writers realize this, which is why they keep trying to convince us onscreen with these cheap, contrived props that they love each other, always have, etc., when in fact, the reality couldn't be more opposite.

Gee, I was going to say plain ol LUST. Same as Abby. Sami should commisserate with Abby, both were suffering from the same thing. At least on Sami's part, and Abby's part.
With EJ, yes obsession, tho the initial interaction was on Stefano's orders. But thereafter, he became obsessed, needed to possess, but never to love.

I think obsession AND ego are what has fueled EJ all these years. EJ was offering Sami anything she wanted in 2007 to be with him (buy her houses, take her on trips, etc.), and Sami told EJ what she wanted was to be living in her apartment with Lucas and her children. EJ responded with I'm Johnny's father (once again claiming possession), and Sami replied that Johnny was her child too, Will and Allie were her children with Lucas, and Lucas was the love of her life.

EJ just didn't want to accept the fact that Sami didn't want him. EJ had other women throwing themselves at him, and Sami loved and wanted Lucas. Same thing when Sami was with Rafe. In 2010, EJ kept pressuring Sami to marry him, offering her everything again, and Sami kept telling EJ she was in love with Rafe, and refused to marry EJ. Sami only agreed because she started feeling guilty about Sydney's kidnapping.

Then when Rafe proposed in 2010, it took Sami all of two seconds to say "Hell, yes," because Sami loved Rafe, and wanted to be with him. EJ never wanted to accept that a real loving relationship with Rafe or Lucas trumped him every time. I hate what the writers have done to Sami to put her with EJ.

I think Sami is just jealous that Abby's first time with EJ was NAKED (how many times has she told people that), while hers was fully clothed and at gunpoint.
Sorry, Sher, but I respectfully think this is a terrible thing to say. Even if you believe that Sami gave EJ a clean slate as the show portrayed, saying that Sami is jealous because she was raped and Abby wasn't is going a little too far in my book.

Sorry, Sher, but I respectfully think this is a terrible thing to say. Even if you believe that Sami gave EJ a clean slate as the show portrayed, saying that Sami is jealous because she was raped and Abby wasn't is going a little too far in my book.
But hey-Sami forgave him, the entire EJ-Sami fanbase brushed it off...if the rape truly was terrible (which I agree it was) then this sick couple should never have been paired up in the first place. Certainly not when viable, loving relationships like Sami-Rafe, Sami-Lucas and Nicole-EJ were happening and available the whole time. There was no reason or excuse at all to put a rapist with his victim.

Ah, yes DaysD but what is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.... this is the problem of the SONY and NBC head honchos in their determination to continuously pair this golden :rolleyes: fiasco together. As some grotesque forbidden wuv story:beat: Notice I didn't mention the writers... as I don't think any one of them were or are in control of the decisions of the network:sick:

But hey-Sami forgave him, the entire EJ-Sami fanbase brushed it off...if the rape truly was terrible (which I agree it was) then this sick couple should never have been paired up in the first place. Certainly not when viable, loving relationships like Sami-Rafe, Sami-Lucas and Nicole-EJ were happening and available the whole time. There was no reason or excuse at all to put a rapist with his victim.

I understand your perspective, and while it is a bit :beat:, it still doesn't excuse what was said (not by you) about Sami being jealous that Abby's first time with EJ wasn't rape and hers was. One doesn't have to like the pairing to see that the comment crossed the line, and if one wouldn't allow a person in the minority opinion to say something that inappropriate, then one shouldn't expect a person in the majority opinion to get away with it either.

I was actually saying that Sami was jealous that her first time with EJ wasn't as "normal" as EJ's romp with Abigail, not that she wished EJ had raped Abby the same way he did her. Sami's bad, but as much as I despise her I don't think even she would want another woman raped. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my post.

Sami tried to move on from EJ raping her because of Johnny and because of what she did to Austin. However, Sami regretted trying to get along with EJ for Johnny’s sake because his abusive behavior continued.

Take away all the crimes EJ has committed, and his physically abusive behavior, and there is still the problem of his cheating. When there are problems in the relationship, EJ cheats. Anyone involved with EJ won’t be allowed to express their own opinion, they won’t be allowed to disagree with him, they won’t be allowed to make decisions concerning their own life, etc., because if they do, EJ will cheat. EJ is too selfish to compromise, or work through issues/problems (which every relationship has). EJ’s reaction to any opposition to what he wants, is to cheat.

Why would anyone want to be in a relationship like that?

I agree. EJ is a damaged man and in that light, when he tries (and he does try), he can do good deeds from with the best intentions. He was sent to Salem on Mission, we all know this. But he fell in love- an emotion nearly impossible for one as messed up as EJ. The EJ I've watched over the years has grown tremendously from the point he he began. For me, love has redeemed EJ.

Love hasn't redeemed EJ just like love didn't redeem Sami. What did pave the way to redeeming Sami was not ending up with her obsession and not having her crimes whitewashed or getting rewards from said crimes. Showing true remorse with growth and reflection that was then erased to pair the "golden couple", self respect out the window. Who needs it when Elvis is so hot! I still have a hard time believing that if EJ was played by a less attractive actor that people would still want them together even after all these years. To the point that even in her actual loving relationships were doomed because of that past. See EJ gets rewarded for everything eventually, crimes are whitewashed and never mentioned. Or when they are in passing and they are laughed off and Sami's hung over her head to make EJ' of lesser importance, because EJ and Sami belong together:sick: Only EJ could have redeemed EJ but that has NEVER happened. He just became more calculating and sure that he could get whatever/ whoever he wants. Why change then? No need to.

I still have a hard time believing that if EJ was played by a less attractive actor that people would still want them together even after all these years.
I have been saying that for years and even used the example of if "Dr. Rolf" played EJ, would the couple still have the same level of fans?

Back