Don't you love it?

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bo crashlands in the middle of no man's land in Kansas....and yet manages to find a house with a guy with a phone, makes a call to Hope that does not go through, and doesn't stay long enough to get help. No call to Victor, Roman, The Salem P.D., Kayla, ....just to Ma to stop the wedding. :rolleyes: Off they go (on foot??) and guess what? A garage in the middle of no where, containing a motorcycle of all things, and enough tools plus gasoline and Steve's know-how to get that thing going ..........Road trip.

So, let's look at a map and see how far Kansas, even mid-kansas is from the area in Illinois that is about an hour or so from Chicago. Gee, one has to go across Missouri, or up into Iowa, and in each case into Illinois.

Now, I used to live in the Chicago suburbs, with a sister who lived near St. Louis..(5 hr. drive), but who used to live in Joplin, which is on the other side of the state. Also A niece who lives in Kansas City, and another who lives in central Illinois near the Mississippi river. I think I am really aware of how long it takes to travel, between places, at least by car.

So, doesn't seem Bo took the faster interstate route, wonder why? And there was no way, no matter how he traveled, he would be in time to stop that wedding, when he was in Kansas and had to get to Salem. Gives new meaning to the "time stands still" phrase, doesn't it?

I wonder what happened to the guy with the phone? The phone rang in the garage. It was the last number Caroline received a call from when Victor called it, same phone. No answer, because the guys were outside looking for parts, but why not use the guy's phone again?? Where was that guy? LOL, too funny to believe.

If you look at a map of Illinois Salem, it is further than an hour from Chicago. Salem is in Southern Ill. And Chicago is north. I just say everyday, it's just a tv show.

Except that it has NEVER been said that Salem is in Illinois. They go out of their way to never show what state Salem is located in. Mail gets addressed to "Salem, USA". When Nick was in prison, they had a map of New York state on the wall.

Kat posted the video last week. During the interview, Kathie Lee mentions that the show takes place in Salem, Illinois and double checks to make sure. Several of them agreed, Kristian Alfonso (Hope) was the loudest I remember.

Ahhh, so it was just the actors agreeing with what was said. That's not the same as the show actually stating Salem is in Illinois. Granted, we all know that's where it is, but the show itself has never stated it. (especially with mail always addressed to "Salem, USA")

Salem moves through time and space. There are many parallel Salems. In some of them, EJ is still a college student. In others, Salem is in New York. (Note that Sami is likable in 0 of them, though.)

Ciara got the earrings from Sami "aeons ago" which was 2013. Joey and Theo were children together, etc.

We just have to accept that in this space-time, Salem is in Kansas. :wink:

I hesitate to mention that there is a Salem, WI, just over the state line, which COULD account for all the rooting for Chicago teams. But, in the past, Salem is supposed to be about an hour from Chicago, and characters have talked of driving "up" to Chicago, I mean they go to plays, concerts, strip clubs, lolol. Chloe lived there for a while, don't know if she still does, but Philip also went there.

Yep, Ciara got those earring from Aunt Sami "eons ago", so going to be interesting to see how long Bo will admit to being gone, if he does.

Bo trusting Caroline, with her medical problem was just weird. Had to be someone else to call.
How about his dear old dad, Victor? Unlike Caroline, nobody thinks that Victor is not playing with a full deck, and if he suddenly announced that Bo is back in the U.S., people would believe him. If he's willing to trust Bo and Steve with another Kiriakis aircraft, he could have sent another plane or a high-speed helicopter to pick them up in northeast Kansas and deposit them in Salem. And if Hope still wanted to marry shyster Aiden after hearing about Bo's return, nobody is better at disrupting weddings than Victor. Just ask all those who who were subjected to the infamous sex tape at the Brady-Kristen "wedding." (Of course the sight of Victor disrupting another wedding might have given sourpuss Eric a bad case of hives.)

Last edited:
The whole Bo return story has been ridiculous! When he was yelling NOOOOOOO etc at Caroline and said something like "they are at MY house? The house WE shared?" If I could have answered, I would have said "yep Bo.......that's the house. You know, the house and bed you had Carly in."

That is exactly what is aggravating about this Bo return story. He is acting like Hope committed some sort of heinous crime with Aiden there, but he himself had no qualms about sharing that house and bed with Carly. Wasn't Billie there as well?

But then this whole Bo thing has been him striving to get back home, supposedly (not working for me, for sure) so his state of mind has been so focused on "getting back to Hope" that he just cannot believe/accept that he is too late...........or something to that effect. thus he can only say NO_O_O_O_!!!!
And common sense never entered the picture, though it surprised me that Steve did not consider calling Victor. "Hey, Vic. Found Bo, bringing him home, plane crashed, we are in Kansas, Pete is hurt. Can you send a copter? "

There are also Roman and John, (both of whom have been his brother at some point), both with ISA ties that could launch rescue efforts. I think that the point has been to try and appease long term Bo and Hope fans regarding how badly the relationship had been written, without putting any effort into having the story line make any sense. The problem is that both Bo's and Hope's characters are coming off badly, as well as throwing Aiden's under the bus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back