Don't you love it?

As Soapy indicated, the writers have been hard pressed dealing with Peter Reckell's (Bo) schedule, and it does seem that his scenes were all filmed in a couple of days, then sprinkled throughout 2 months of shows. Thus he was dirty, filthy, etc. for a long time, and seemingly his only thoughts were of getting home to Hope. But since he never made an effort to do so all this time before, tis a bit far fetched.

So far it almost seems as if Peter Reckell (Bo) agreed to the contract but stipulated that he was to have as little contact with as few cast members as possible so he/Bo's story would be showcased. I gotta tell you the only thing I've liked about it is Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am at the point where I really want this story over with. I have no sympathy left for Bo, Hope, or Aiden. Bo used no common sense trying to get home to stop Hope's wedding. Hope has been acting like a giddy schoolgirl and reminds me of Jennifer when she moved on from Jack with Daniel. Aiden turned very quickly and now is a money hungry shyster lawyer who cares more about Hope's money than her. All three have come off very badly from this story and the writers have managed to ruin all three characters.

They could have had Bo come home and have Hope torn between two good men similar to Marlena's dilemma with Roman and John. Roman's character was not ruined when she chose John. Hope could have made her decision and if it turned out to Bo, Aiden could have remained a good character on the show and been paired up with one of the other single women on the show. Or, he could have been an actual victim of the Necktie Killer and died a good guy if they really wanted his character to leave.

Overall, the 200th birthday celebration of Salem was pretty boring, the wedding a little better.

The town is obviously smaller than we thought, only a few people on camera, we didn't recognize. :)

The only REALLY good show of the week was on Friday.

Except that it has NEVER been said that Salem is in Illinois. They go out of their way to never show what state Salem is located in. Mail gets addressed to "Salem, USA". When Nick was in prison, they had a map of New York state on the wall.

They have mentioned it before, also Kansas is next to Illinois and that was also mentioned.

I've been watching the show since I was 6 years old it has been mentioned many times in the past that it is Illinois.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you are mistaken. It has NEVER been said what state Salem is in. Sometimes they infer it is in Illinois, but it has never actually been said so (which is why mail is always shown to be addressed as "Salem, USA").

The show has indicated many times that Salem is very close to Chicago. They have had characters drive a vehicle within a couple of hours into Indiana, Michigan, (mentioning them by name) even Wisconsin. (that was a ski trip once).
Anyway, Kansas is next to Missouri, which is next to Illinois. Illinois is surrounded by Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Indiana.

:beat:

Some folks will insist Salem is in Illinois no matter how many times or how many ways they're told it has never been said on or by the show.

I've been watching since day one, and it has never been shown or spoken of on the show as being in any certain state. Even car license plates only had USA on them.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous that they not say it definitely. But, for whatever reason, they have lasted 50 years without doing so.
But then, GL lasted over 50 years, and they definitely were in Illinois. Springfield, which happens to be the capital. I know other soaps have been definitely about their states, so, cannot fathom the reason Days choose to be so reluctant to place their city.

It might be difficult for them to place Days of Our Lives' Salem on planet Earth. Sure it's a fictional program, but they would definitely have to make up a fictional state that would fit Salem's criteria: a small town, large hospital that attracts the very best doctors on the planet (well, subjectively), hosts an international airport, has docks on the riverside, possibly an ocean shoreline(?) for all the world travelers on yachts, near Chicago, near Kansas, large federal agency presence (Feds, ISA), large network of underground tunnels, magnet for serial killers, stalkers, and all manner of criminal elements, with a time-travel portal.......well, you get the idea. I'm not a geography major, but can't think of any place that fits that description.

I think too,they should have said what state. I know Pine Valley and Llanview were in Pennsylvania (AMC and OLTL respectively) and not far from Port Charles NY Ah they days of crossovers was so cool to see. Sorry got lost in the past and got off topic.

Don't you love Sami and EJ taking over the show and not even on screen :sarcasm: Thank you, Andre, by the way.:rotfl:

Oh, other soaps have done the same thing, even throwing in a fictional suburb here and there. Isn't Y&R located in very southern Wisconsin?
Sometimes it benefits large corporations to locate in a smaller city, as costs are much cheaper. Labor, materials, shipping, housing, etc.

Sami so gung ho on EJ definitely being alive, refusing to listen to reason, not really explaining herself thoroughly, typical Sami. Jumps the gun, runs off. Is there a hope that she is kept an incognito prisoner for a long time? This is the same woman who said she did not tell her other children about Will as she wanted to do it in person. So, instead, she runs off to Zurich, and returns, and still doesn't go back to her children. Grrrrr

Sami claimed that in the safe deposit box was info about accounts, their numbers, passwords, etc. Did Sami check those out? See if it was true? And exactly HOW was that info going to keep her family safe? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Back