Downton Abbey Season 4

Thanks for sharing this article. I had to laugh at the mention of NBC not picking up the series. Ummmm, those decisions being made at NBC need to be called into question.

I am soooo looking forward to the new season. I love how "authentic" the show manages to dress, and do hair in the style that was the fashion in those days. (The actors all look so different in their normal, present day "looks".
Amazing that the show could not get a commercial network to take it on...And yes, NBC made tons of programming errors, lol). However, I had read that NBC was making a deal with Julian Fellowes for a similar type series for that network.

Meanwhile, I will be glad to see Mrs. O'Brien gone. Mr. Carson is such a stalwart soul, and I truly hope that Lord Robert doesn't cause Downton to fail financially.

I have watched season 4 five times already! Can't ever get enough! My sister says I have a serious addiction to this show, not sure why she says that, I've only watched the first 3 sesasons 6x each and now the 4th season 5 times going on 6 starting Sunday! I think I need a 12 step program, DAA (Downton Abbey Anonymous).

I just an ad on USA network. A lot of stuff going on this season.

my station won't be showing it until 9 (central time) tonight.
I'll have to tape and watch on Monday

I've watched the entire season (don't worry I won't give anything away), it's GREAT!!! But then again I never doubted it would be anything else but GREAT! Best written and acted show on tv!

My PBS station is running an episode on the castle and it's owners at 7 p.m. and then 8-10 p.m. will be Season 4.....at last. Kat, they are showing 2 hrs. here...so if you set your taping, make sure you do the 2 hrs.

Julian Fellowes, who created and writes the show said he wishes that the U.S. would show it during the same time weeks) as the U.K. does. Seems PBS "edits" a bit, plus all the spoilers leak out. He would rather everyone learn what is going on at the same time.

I'll be taping two hours. the castle show (I already saw) will be on after
where I live.

I saw an ad on USA yesterday and said 9/8 central time. I wish my PBS
station showed it 8.

Yeah, I already saw the castle show, too. I think some PBS stations edit the episodes a bit, so they can use them during the fund raising periods???

The shows are edited because of the commercial placements in the UK. The little bits of repeat stuff is cut that is a repeat of what was before the commercials. We still get to see everything. I'll take the sponsor "commercial" before and after the show on PBS. At least the show doesn't get broken up.

I wonder if the person at NBC was fired who passed on Downton Abbey when it was offered to them first? I'm glad that PBS picked it up.

Back