Downton Abbey Season 4

I am watching it now for the first time....I have no idea who the people are in this show but slowly figuring it out...slowly...lol...love that I can catch it on Catch up on Comcast.

Well I can see see why this show is so loved....I got totally pulled into it!! Even Ray came out and sat down and he watch it too. Good acting and story was very good. Can't wait to see the next one. I have a friend who has the the DVDs and I am going to borrow them some day and catch up on the whole series. Love Maggie Smith!!!

WE did but honestly I think it is more trouble than it is worth....We have to hook up the computer to it and to me that is just a bother.

Redsquirrel we could split the cost of a pair of earrings when we end up with pierced tongues! It is worth it though!

I just had to share this :) Downton Abbey Recreated in Legos

_i_3_downton-abbey-lego.png

Meet Eric Stevens of Rochester—no relation to Dan, we assume—who spent about fifteen hours in total designing and constructing the country home as a Christmas gift for his girlfriend. (Swoon! Real-life Matthew Crawley alert.) According to the New York Daily News, Stevens based his design on ground and aerial photos of the real-life Highclere Castle in England and tracked down thousands of Legos from existing Lego sets. (None of the pieces, not even the characters, were custom made.) Stevens says that he enlisted a digital designer to create the structure and spent four hours actually assembling the blocks. Stevens also assembled characters including Robert, Violet, Mary, Edith, Bates, Branson, and Carson. He even included late Downton inhabitants Sybil and Matthew. Behold his creation!

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2014/01/downton-abbey-lego-set

what an episode last night

a lot of stuff happening........good and bad

My goodness....I first put it on at 6 p.m. surprised it was being shown so early, til I realized it was last week's episodes. So watched some other stuff until 8....and boy. Loved what happened to the card shark, but oh, my gosh, poor Anna.

I just had to share this :) Downton Abbey Recreated in Legos
View attachment 1911

Meet Eric Stevens of Rochester—no relation to Dan, we assume—who spent about fifteen hours in total designing and constructing the country home as a Christmas gift for his girlfriend. (Swoon! Real-life Matthew Crawley alert.) According to the New York Daily News, Stevens based his design on ground and aerial photos of the real-life Highclere Castle in England and tracked down thousands of Legos from existing Lego sets. (None of the pieces, not even the characters, were custom made.) Stevens says that he enlisted a digital designer to create the structure and spent four hours actually assembling the blocks. Stevens also assembled characters including Robert, Violet, Mary, Edith, Bates, Branson, and Carson. He even included late Downton inhabitants Sybil and Matthew. Behold his creation!

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2014/01/downton-abbey-lego-set
That's so cool!

it didn't take me too long to realize the man was cheating at cards.
Then Cora told Robert how much she hates gambling

I hope Anna doesn't get in the "family way". Yep I used
a different phrase

Not happy that Tom let the maid in his room. Or did she just sneak in

To me it looked like she snuck in. Cuz she said in a whisper, are you asleep?

I do love Maggie Smith (granny Violet)! I hope Mr. Bates doesn’t get into trouble when he finds out what happened to Anne! Because he surely will go off the deep end! Edna probably has the best oppuninity of a lifetime working at Downton Abbey and Barrow’s will get her fired again. He lives to get people in trouble! I see they didn’t win in the Globe’s last night for Drama! To bad because it is a excellent show!

Oh man, it was soooooo hard to hold my tongue these last few weeks about Anna Bates. After reading all of the recaps for this season, that is the story line that got to me the most.

Yep, that maid snuck into Tom's room. Definitely up to her old tricks. Watch out for her.

I was semi-prepared for it, but not spoiled, because I didn't get a chance to watch it live, but a bit later in the evening. I had read PBS's Facebook status that said something like "In light of airing of tonight's episode, commentary from the show's writers and cast can be found at this link" and it provided the link that LilO already posted. I made sure to not read it until after I watched the show. Apparently it did cause a bit of an uproar when it first aired in England. Plus the disclaimer about viewer discretion at the beginning as well. It was hard to watch, but I do appreciate the way it was filmed (and what was not shown on-screen as well). I am looking forward to seeing how the story progresses.

In other parts of the show, I'm glad that Edith's beau made a good impression finally. Poor Tom, it seems everyone forgets he was a grieving widower because of all the fresh grief and focus on Mary and discount his discomfort with his new role at Downton. But Edna is pure trouble for sure.

I also knew already of what happened to Anna, read about it a few months ago. I knew it was going to be presented the way it was....so wasn't alarmed at all. But I did enjoy the interview with the actress who plays Anna, which I watched this morning.

When I read the warning, before the show started
I thought there might be nudity or something.

The British version might have shown more.

No, it was exactly the same in Britain. The creator, Julian Fellowes was adamant that it was not to be graphic, he wanted no violence depicted graphically in anything he writes. Remember last season, Matthew is driving along the road, happy as can be, we see the truck coming, and the next thing is the truck driver going to where Matthew lay in the road. We did not see the crash, nothing. Just the before, and after.

Back