Downton Abbey Season 4

Yep, 1 hour, 40 minutes as of now for me.
Because of freezing rain, I can't get my PBS station in the living room or kitchen. Just checked, and thank goodness it is coming in on the bedroom tv. Looks like I'll have to watch it in there.

SophieRose, are you in the UK? Emmerdale, also om ITV, looks like a good show, but isn't available in the US yet.

No I'm in Phoenix, AZ actually. My son bought me the UK Blueray the day it was available in the UK. Since it wouldn't play in my blueray player (stupid electronics are specific to zones and the US and UK aren't in the same one) my computer geek son, ripped it on his computer then had to do something else to it then I was able to stream it from his computer onto our big tv that has a Home Theater PC on it. The first time I watched it, a couple of episodes in I thought, what a terrible job editing or directing or something, it just didn't seem right. After watching the entire season, I figured out that when my son ripped it, it somehow ended up getting in the wrong episode order and that's why it didn't make sense. So of course the obsessed DA fan here had to re-watch it several more times and figure out the correct order and once I did, had to watch it one more time to make sure ;) I will be watching again tonight on PBS though!

Less than an hour until Downton! I've done really, really good and not read or watched any spoilers. I haven't been as tempted on Downton to spoil it as I have been about Sherlock. I've stopped myself several times from reading anything about Sherlock by telling myself I can wait just a few more weeks.

Oh, my, and wasn't it all just delicious. So many different little stories among the bigger ones.
Looks like Thomas has lined himself up an ally in Edna...and isn't he the sneaky tattletale, running around hinting at untrue things. Glad Mary snapped out of her depression, and I love that Matthew did write sort of a will after all. Yayyyy. I so love Lady Violet....(Maggie Smith)

I saw some of it but was having a really hard time staying awake. [That is way past my bed time!] I will have to watch it online. So glad Mary is "back". I was surprised that the woman who got fired for inappropriate behavior was then hired as the new lady's maid. ????

Glad I had recorded because I got busy and had to watch after it went off. I could have watched it anyway though, since it aired a second time right after the first time, on my station. I sure enjoyed it but I guess I'm going to have to get on some of the websites and study the characters' names because I still don't know a lot of the names with the faces.

I don't think Cora (who hired that dismissed maid) was aware of the "why" of being fired. Mrs. Hughes, Carson & Tom kept quiet about it, (avoiding any gossip against the family), and is why the very positive letter of recommendation.

@OC......Cora & Robert are the mom & dad. Violet is granny (Maggie Smith). Tom was Sybyl's husband (she died) and the father of the little toddler girl. Mary is the recently widowed daughter of mom & dad, and mother of baby George.
Thomas is Barrow, the conniving footman. Isobel is Mrs. Crawley, the recently deceased Matthew's mother.
Bates & Anna are servants, who got married last season. Mrs. Patmore is the head cook, Daisy the asst. cook.
Edith is another daughter of Robert & Cora, who has taken up with the married newspaper publisher. (His wife is in a sanitarium, and he cannot divorce her because of that in England)

I saw half the show last night and rest just now.

Nanny West. you can't forget her name it goes with that Witch :)

I wonder if we will see Sam again. the one who danced with Rose.

I wasn't surprised at the end when we found out Carson and Grigg's
feud was about Alice.

OC, you can use google and get names. I just put in Downton Abbey butler.

A great episode. Looks like it's going to be an interesting season.

Thanks, Poirot, and others. I guess if I would rewatch the episodes as many of you do, it would finally stick, but as much as I like the show, I just don't enjoy watching any shows over again unless it's been some years in between. It probably is partly confusing for me because some of the time they are called by their first names, while other times by their last names or titles. Anyway, I'll stick with it and maybe look at some websites too.

So Thomas is the nasty sneak who is always stirring up trouble? I just wish someone would catch him in the act. He always seems to get by with it.

I knew from the start who was sneaking out of the house.
An interesting way to write off a character.

I want Bates to save Anna like she saved him :)

Since I've seen the entire season this is sooo much fun seeing the speculation that everyone has for the storylines and characters! I soo want to respond with "NOOOO that isn't going to happen, or yesss that will happen"...but I will bite my tongue (might end up being able to pierce it by the end of the season!:rotfl: ) and enjoy each weeks speculations!

Back