Downton Abbey Season 4

I’m glad that Mr. Green got what was coming to him, but I hope Mr. Bates is innocent but I think I’m barking up the wrong tree! Violet is more modern then anyone gives her credit for, she is not upset about Edith being pregnant and is going to help her. I laughed when Violet kept looking at her flowers and then at Isobel flowers, because Isobel were larger! I was hoping Daisy would give Alfred a chance! A good show!

Just want to add that Daisy did marry William, (the old guy's son) before he died making her his Daughter In Law. She also confessed to him that she wasn't in love with William, so he fully understands that relationship. Its enough for him that William loved her.

On another note I found this when I recognized the actress that played Sybil in reviews for the new film Winter's Tale:
Downton Abbey's Jessica Brown Findlay to star in Jamaica Inn

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...ica-Brown-Findlay-to-star-in-Jamaica-Inn.html

Great episode last night.

Should we be happy Bates probably won't be going to
jail because he probably killed Green? Green did
something bad, but what Bates did was worse.

Anyone surprised that Bates was the one who can forge letters? I wasn't.

I'm glad Baxter (Cora's maid) is sticking up for herself.

I guess it's going to be awhile before we know who Mary picks.

I'm glad Edith will get her daughter closer to home.
Maybe one day she'll claim her daughter.

How exciting was it for Rose to dance with a prince at her ball

Where or where were the children? I guess Caroline
was babysitting them at the pub :)

I loved the show. I loved that Lady Edith and the man who will take the child have an "understanding". I really liked the subtle way he let her know he understood whose baby this was and he will keep the secret just between the 2 of them, still talking of it belonging to Lady Edith's friend.
I was not happy that Mary has yet to make a choice.
Loved that the Prince came.
Loved that Bates was able to retrieve the letter.
We do NOT KNOW if Bates was anywhere near Piccadilly Rd. at the time Greene fell into the road, was hit by a truck. Bates could have been sight seeing at Westminster Abbey, or Buckingham Palace, or just strolling around Hyde Park.
However, who is to say that if he happened to be on Piccadilly Rd, that Green spotted him, and was attempting to get out of sight?? And thus, made a mistake in his hurry, and thus, was hit by a truck? (They did say a lorry, which is a truck)
Really liked Carson & Mrs. Hughes, hand in hand in the water.
Must say, I got a kick that the staff was spending the day at the beach, with everyone fully dressed, and no one intending to go "bathing".

We did get the earlier hint about Bates' forgery skills when he forged Moseley's handwriting in order to give Moseley some money to help him out of debt.
Looks like we'll be getting rid of Ivy and keeping Daisy. I'm glad...I was getting beyond annoyed with Ivy.
I love that Edith is doing something for herself and for her child. I loved the conversation with the guy, and that definite vibe he understood the situation perfectly and was willing to keep the secret.
Tom is going to have some issues obviously with the family and his friendship with the school teacher...I hate that Thomas tattled on him. I have a feeling those two might end up coming to blows at some point next season.
Carson and Mrs Hughes were delightful!

Yes, we still don't know for sure if Bates was where Green died, but a ticket
was found. Bates lied he hadn't been there in years. We can only hope he
wasn't there. He sort of lied he could find someone to forge the
letter when he did it himself.

I loved how Carson and Mrs Hughes were walking in the sea
holding hands

Thank goodness Mary burned that ticket!!! I was afraid for awhile we might have to hurt her.
I loved that Edith has made better arrangements for her daughter.
I really, really dislike Barrow more and more with each passing episode.

An article I read said that with Mrs. O'Brian gone, Barrow was moving into the postiion of resident trouble maker. LOL
I think that Bates, having already been sent to prison because of circumstantial evidence, placing him in the vicinity of where the ex-wife died....just has him more cautious about what or where he is when alone. I know I said that badly, but Bates did not know for sure that Greene was the culprit who raped Anna, so I just do not think he would kill him. Now he might have wanted to talk to him, so sought him out wherever he was, but the guilty Greene could have thought Bates knew, so tried to flee. (Just my thoughts about that). I just don't think Bates did a thing.
And I also liked that Baxter developed a backbone in re: Barrow. It is surprising he is kept on since no one likes him.

Fantastic show and a sweet ending! Awww Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes were so cute walking in the ocean.
Looks like for now Mr. Bates is safe, we know he was good at forgery but didn’t know he was a pick-pocket, comes in handy!
I’m glad Mary saw the light, that their servants are very loyal to the family.
Loved Violet dancing with Tom, telling him she knows he can steer and her famous laugh!
Hopefully Barrows has hit a road block with his bullying.
I’m glad Daisy is staying she seems so sweet and innocent!
It’s about time Edith is standing up for herself and taking matters into her own hands.
I think Rose may have grown up a little instead of getting into trouble, she is helping someone get out of trouble, it took a whole army, but she was doing something good!

Loved the show last night....will miss it! When will it be back on? I was confused with Edith said she had her figure back! Do they skip months at time between episodes? But I am glad that she is bringing her daughter back to England. Barrows is a pig, plan and simple...he will get his in the end I bet. So glad that Bates will not be caught....but you never know. I loved their little escapade to find the letter...that was funny!! Bates is a handy guy to have around that is for sure. I am really going to miss the show!!

I truly doubt that the Bates saga is over. IMO it won't be until we know what really happened. It would also be a great injustice in story telling not to further explore what happened. I think that although he had no proof, Bates was instinctively aware of who raped Anna. Its what I read on his face that morning at breakfast with Anna and the rapist at the same table. I saw resolve in expression.

I'd say my least favorite story is drawing out Mary wanting to have her cake and eat it too. Really? All three of these men being willing to hover around her until she makes up her mind, when there is still a huge shortage of men due to the war?

Its been interesting to see the growth in Daisy, when not long ago she was naive enough to tun down William because she was interested Barrel.

I like the friendship that has developed between Tom and Edith. I' didn't like the way she'd always been over shadowed by self indulgent Mary.

It was also interesting to get the American perspective of the times, and how Cora's family and their staff stuck out in British society.

And yes the show has often jumped ahead months and years at a time.

They mentioned Edith was gone 8 months when she
came home. She had the baby, then stayed awhile after
it's birth to nurse it. I thought that was strange.

Oh I have it on my DVR...I was just confused when Edith said she had had the baby....I guess I might not have heard the beginning. I am watching it again right now see where I missed the beginning...

Thanks!

From what I understood, 8 mos. had elapsed since the last episode. And we probably will not see Season 5 until next january.

January!!!!! I have to wait until January!! Darn....:( I finally find one show on TV I enjoy.....oh well...I guess I will just have to get the first 3 seasons and watch them.

The fist three seasons are GREAT!! I still have the first two on my DVR and still go back to re-watch certain eppys.

Back