Downton Abbey Season 4

I think Myst is being mean :)

I wish it was Sunday tomorrow.

LOL, oh, a few here (including me) know what is going to happen, though Myst is the only one who seems to have actually seen it. LOLOL

I've been tempted to search for the episodes we haven't seen, but
I like discussing it here after the Sunday episode.

I'm just glad that Anna & Bates are o.k. again. Love the relationship between Mrs. Hughes and Carson....makes me laugh, and then Isobel & Violet. The characters are all so individual, and have their little quirks and foibles.

LOL, I am one of those who gets half way thru, and reads thel ast page of the book, so I went hunting for the storyline as well, and Heck, now I want Season 5 already. LOL

Poirot, I do the same thing with a book.

I figure there will be a big cliffhanger on the last episode.

Oh my, if I did that it would ruin the story for me! I bet you folks also sneak-peeked at your Christmas presents ahead of time when you were kids too. :)

For some reason, I thrive on the spoilers for Days of Our Lives, but it really would take the fun out of Downton Abbey if I found out ahead of time what was going to happen.

@OC...nope, never did that as a child,tho I have a daughter who did. Just once. Regretted it always, and never did it again.
So...I am a spoiler junkie. LOL Maybe I would not have done so with Downton, if we did not have to wait a whole year for the "new season".

Oh, my! What has Mr. Bates done?!! A part of me hopes that it is just coincidence that he was out of town when Mr. Green met with his accident. But another part of me hopes that Bates did him in AND that he will get away with the deed. My fear is that if this is Bates' dirty work it will damage the relationship between him and Anna -- even if he does not face prosecution.

Nope, I don't see smooth sailing for the Bates at this point, whether he played a part in the death or not. Anna is still recovering from the rape and already suspects that her husband has played a part in the death. Edith and Rosamund should have known they wouldn't be able to hide anything from Violet. I'm not sure about how I feel about Tom's new lady friend yet, although she's a lot better than the scheming ladies maid that was after him. Mary now has what, three or four suitors? And now both Isobel and Mosley have romantic possibilities, although I'm worried about what dirt Thomas might hold on the new ladies maid in order to keep in line.

Mary has three suitors. Unfair.

I'm hoping the thing with Bates and Green is a red herring.
Everyone assumes Bates did something. I bet Green has done that
before and someone else did him in. It's going to take awhile for Anna and
Bates to get back on track. I'm sure they will :love:

I thought it was interesting Baxter (Cora's maid) is becoming
friendly with Mr Mosley. Thomas isn't happy with that.

Sad to see Daisy say good bye to Alfred.

I didn't think this episode was as exciting as others have been
this season. Maybe they are saving things for the finale.

IMO this episode was a good set up for the finale. I enjoyed the slower pace and devotion to the development and strengthening of relationships. The episode hit on several characters that hadn't had a lot to do this season. I loved seeing Daisy with her father in law again.

Baxter is interesting and hard to read. Is she really turning for the better or is she just playing along to find out things for Thomas (Barrow)? And what exactly is there connection? I like that it's slow to play out there.

Edith, Edith, Edith (shaking my head). Of course Violet would see through everything. And Violet playing matchmaker for Isobel...a nice thing to do, but also self-serving to get Isobel out of her hair a bit as well. :)

I loved to see Daisy come back at the end and be the better person to say bye to Alfred.

I don't fear too much for Bates and Anna. I think they'll be fine, and I do think Bates had some hand in Green's misstep into the road.

I loved how Mr Mosely stood up for Baxter - I hope she turns on Barrow - what exactly does he have on her anyway? Did he just help her get the job?

Oh that Violet - nobody gets anything over on the Dowager Duchess :) She couldn't take that crying baby either - she got the heck out of there.

I just loved when the cook told Daisy how proud she was of her - very sweet!

Piccadilly is a very busy thoroughfare, lots of cars and traffic. There evidently were tons of people around who saw Green fall/trip etc. into the road. Am glad we really did not see Bates except when he left, and after he returned. LOL
Yes, things are set up nicely for the final episode next week.

Okay Daisy and the old guy? How are they related? Thanks for helping me with my questions....I do get a little confused but I am getting there....I can't wait to be able to watch the first 3 seasons someday!

Short version:
The old man's son worked at Downton Abbey before going to war. He had a thing for Daisy, and wanted to marry her. She did not have the same feelings for him. He came home from the war (hospitalized at Downton Abbey when it was turned into a war hospital), and died from his wounds.
His father kept inviting Daisy to the farm thinking that she loved his son. He wanted some connection with him. She finally went because she felt a bit guilty that she didn't love his son in return. Soon they developed a father / daughter relationship.

Back