Downton Abbey -Season 6 - the last season

Yep, that is how I see it. Daisy considers Mr. Mason "her" friend (he was father of the soldier with the crush on Daisy) & after he befriended her, she just doesn't want her "boss" at Downton, ending up being more or less "over" her with Mr. Mason. LOL

I said elsewhere, I am getting a bit concerned about Barrow.
And Mr. Carson sure is not being very nice to his brand new wife. Really oblivious, isn't he? LOOL

Yeah, Mr. Carson has gone down several notches on my "like" thermometer. He's being down right inconsiderate. I wonder if Mrs. Hughes is having second thoughts about the commitment she made.

Barrow seems to be trying to change his image [and behavior] but his past deeds will be hard to break free from. I hope he doesn't give up.

Seems like this season my mantra has gone from "Poor Moseley" to "Poor Barrow" as Moseley has seemed to come into his own and Barrow is struggling to find a place to belong (not just physical place to work, but place in society and with people).

I'm cheering Edith on as she has seemed to finally have enough confidence to not shirk away from Mary's snide remarks. Let's hope Edith puts her in her place if it comes to it concerning Marigold.

Okay, so I was finally able to secure a copy of this season's shows (after waiting on a long list of patrons for a month or so) from my local library. I've been trying to restrain myself from skipping ahead of what's currently being aired. This morning I watched this evenings show (episode 7), and I have to say it was very good. Now I just have to continue to stop myself from watching the coming weeks ahead of time.

I've watched the entire season and literally cried when it was over, I still can't believe there won't be any more new episodes.:cry:

This is a preview trailer for the very last episode of Downton, which was shown around Christmas...in England. Next week, here, is Episode 8, this is the preview trailer for Episode 9. You do not have to watch it, just thought maybe some fans might like to see it. I definitely have not missed a single episode of this show, not one, and won't miss the next two, for sure.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Well, if you did not see it while it was up, it is now too late. Seems the person closed their you-tube account, the video is no longer available. Sorry.

Last edited:
I'm glad there was a good ending to last night's show after the
car crash.

I thought Sunday's show was well balanced. Loved the proposal. Will Mary try and spoil Edith's happiness by spilling the truth about Marigold?

I do think Mary is somehow, going to spill the beans. I don't know if she resents not being told in the beginning, but...I just get that feeling she will upset the applecart, and on purpose. :confused:

I just don't think she can stand the thought of Edith finally getting a happy ending when she herself isn't getting one. After all, she's always been the golden child. Edith's always gotten the short end of the stick.

At this point it's only been shown as suspicion, but it isn't that big of a leap to figuring it out. She surely would have known by now if she ever seen Edith as anything other than the passionless dowdy one that no true prospect we even look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, there are 2 more weeks. We just saw Episode 7, next week is #8, and the following week, February 28, is the final week, which will be Christmas at Downton.

FYI, this Sunday's episode is over an hour.

According to the PBS web site. the last episode is going to be on
Mar 6. It's going to be over 90 minutes.

This sunday will be over an hour? Gosh, usually they are just 45 minutes or so.

I can't tell right now the exact length, but it looks like this week's show will go
past 9 just a few minutes. The next show will start before 9:30.

Oh, my, what a great episode last night. I just love Tom. He really tried to tell Lady Mary the truth about herself. She was truly nasty. Could not handle Edith actually perhaps holding a position above her, and did her best to ruin it. Surprising things, glad Barrow is o.k., good for Mosely, & loved Edith's little explanation to Mary when she returned to Downton.

Looks like next week is a Downton special of some sort, and the final episode will be March 6. (2 weeks)

Back