SPOILER !! Exit list to grow

A Martinez (Eduardo) tweeted a while ago that it was his choice to go on recurring.

As for James Lastovic (Joey), I wonder if the show dropped him down to recurring instead of letting him go altogether. That would actually be a smart decision.

I hope they find a way to write around Nadia Bjorlin's (Chloe) pregnancy to keep the actress on the show. After Arianne Zucker (Nicole) leaves, we have no other females in that age group around unless they bring Belle back. However, they need more than a couple of characters in the 30s to early 40s age group to pair up with the men on the show in that age group.

I agree. I just posted this in today's thread but the show really doesn't know what to do with Chloe. They should have never let Philip, Belle and Shawn go. Chloe should have been interacting with them and now Brady. Perhaps even continue to mentor Claire. And Rafe should be in this orbit too. They should have tested Jennifer Landon (Hillary) with him.

The show needs to build the younger generation out of its core families: the Bradys and the Hortons. Eli and Tripp are a good start. Add Philip and another of Sonny's brothers. John and Marlena should have all 6 of their kids in Salem. Belle on contract, Carrie recurring. Sami popping up occasionally. Have her break up Rafe and Hope. It's really the best bet at this point.

It is not Rafe's fault that the writers cannot come up with story for him. No different than Roman. The writers seem unable to use their detectives in a way that shows them to be good, smart, crime solving detectives. They (writers) usually have outsiders getting the culprits in some way. By that, I mean those Salemites who are not agents, cops, CIA, etc.

My guesses for other exits:

Casey Moss (JJ): It's clear the show doesn't want to write for him. Having him cheat with Lani was just stupid. Also, Kristian Alfonso (Hope) commented on his Instagram photo a couple weeks ago saying she hoped he was doing well. Why say that if you see the person at work? I hope this isn't true but it wouldn't surprise me.

Jordi Villasuso (Dario): Haven't seen him on set recently plus I think Chad and Abby are end game. Really no need for this character.

I think they wrote themselves into a corner with JJ. Paige, Beverly, Rory, and that other guy were the only ones in JJ's age group. So they aged him, threw him in as a cop and then a detective, and put him with Gabi and now Lani.

I was hoping when they brought Tripp on, they would have him about the same age as JJ, so JJ can go back a few years to the age he should be (about 22 or 23). It's stupid to have JJ in the same group with his older sister Abigail, and Lani and Gabi are both older than him. He just seems way too young. That way, JJ and Tripp could hang out together and be friends as well as cousins. I would also like a SORAS'ed Joy Wesley to come back, possibly as an intern at the hospital, and have either JJ or Tripp vie for her. Instead, it appears Tripp will be interacting with the teen group while JJ stays with the older 20s crowd.

Sure hope the new writers are more creative in true Days sense utilizing beloved characters in intelligent storylines.

I can see Tripp interacting with Joey, since they are half/brothers, and Joey's guilt will be eating him up. and Joey has Jade glued to his hip. I don't think Tripp will be staying there all that long, though. Hope not. Having him on the sofa forever would not work.

Agree that aging JJ was not a good thing. He was a beat cop for just a few months, then bingo, made detective. That is hooey. But they aged the teen crowd, and JJ was definitely several years older than they were. Just don't like these fast promotions. Amazing how Lani is able to transfer back and forth between police dept., in states, so far apart. But then, Salem is in such a wonderful state, isn't it? Trouble is, hard to find that tiny, tiny state of USA on any map, since it appears to be only as big as Salem. LOLOL :sarcasm:

JJ without Rory is like Scooby without Shaggy. Bring Rory and T (Chad and Will's friend) and Days can have their own version of Jump Street. :eek:

Back