SPOILER !! From the soap mags..coming up in April

For any other story, I'd dig through summaries until I had the answer. (Now that you say it, Poirot, that does sound right. Chad and Abby looked the info up later in their room maybe?) For this one, let's pretend Chad AND StefanNo said it at the same time and had a good chuckle about it. LOL

What a mish-mosh. :fan: :whack:I hope this whole storyline is over soon. Claire is a brat. Someone should check her DNA. :huh:ShaSha

While I agree Claire is a brat and her behavior has been bad, she's not completely wrong in her situation with Ciara. Ciara is family and on multiple occasions has tried to steal her boyfriend and now is trying to ruin something important to Claire out of spite. And while the way Claire told Hope was stupid and wrong, the fact that she told Hope was not wrong.

Hope wanted to know. Ciara should have told her mother herself. This storyline is being written as if we're supposed to sympathize with Ciara but they are both brats. At the end of the day, if I do sympathize with one of them, which is a big if, it's Claire because it doesn't seem like anyone defends her side.

Claire because it doesn't seem like anyone defends her side.
I'm pretty firmly on Team Claire and I wish her parents were around. They make no sense in Hong Kong. She also needs more time with her grand-parental figures: Marlena, John, Hope, Doug, and Julie. (And before Heather throws a shoe at me, also perhaps Kate, since who knows how old Claire was given her SORASes when she learned she was Shawn's kid.) Remember how many scenes Will and Marlena had together in 2012? I think they had more in any given 2-week period than Marlena and Claire have had in a year!

And I also agree the writing is trying to suggest that Claire is the less rootable one in this dyad, but she's not: Heck her parents have functionally abandoned her, she's working (more than I can say for Ciara) a thankless job while a student (again, is Ciara in school??) and working on her dream career (again, does Ciara have any dreams/hopes/goals?). We have reasons to like Claire.

I'm also not going to forget something nobody else in Salem really knows - Ciara's nuts. Remember her bedside soliloquy to the comatose Theo wherein she blamed his being shot on Claire's hiding a letter? This girl's unstable. Give her a hobby (besides whining about Claire), a goal (besides besting Claire), a friend (not shared with Claire because [see last two points]), SOMETHING to make me like her. Being Hope's kid is not enough to sustain her long-term as a post-child.

This girl's unstable. Give her a hobby (besides whining about Claire), a goal (besides besting Claire), a friend (not shared with Claire because [see last two points]), SOMETHING to make me like her. Being Hope's kid is not enough to sustain her long-term as a post-child.

Absolutely true, Jason and ditto!

Hmmm. I think when Ciara was recast, the intention was to give her a backbone, some life, as she was rather listless when first SORAS'd. And while I agree that Claire has been left on her own at a very young age by her parents, (who probably think all the family in town are looking out for her) the fact remains that Ciara also has been more or less abandoned. She goes to Hong Kong to stay with Shawn & Belle, and if she could, why could they not have Claire with them. Ciara's father is dead, her mother basically ignores her.

Why, at 18, did these teens all have to be in their own apt.? Why could Claire & Ciara not stay with Hope? She was never home anyway. Yes, they aged all the kids again, once in their loft, but they have had roommates come and go like mad. How does Ciara pay for her share? Oh, yeah, the trust fund?

@JasonD......so did not take long in the past summaries to find the answer. since we know Stefan arrived on New Year's Eve. Just went to Jan. 2, and then the 3rd. Stefan had introduced himself at the party at Stefan Octavious DiMera. When they got home, Chad tried to talk to Mr. Shin, no dice, Abby went to work on the computer, & found what a tycoon Stefan was. Also, that he used to be Sam Maitland. Downstairs they went, Stefan explained about legally changing his name, Abby took the hair for the DNA test, Andre offered to take it, Viv & Kate went along, they left Kate out watching.

Still think, as I have said before, Stefan is NOT a DiMera. Otherwise Andre' (since he was in cahoots with Viv) would not have ditched Kate when they went to submit the hair for testing.

I think it would be interesting to have him be the baby Anna miscarried when she was married to Tony.
Oh, while I think it would be amazing, I don't think he's a DiMera.

Still think, as I have said before, Stefan is NOT a DiMera. Otherwise Andre' (since he was in cahoots with Viv) would not have ditched Kate when they went to submit the hair for testing.
I agree with this. Although, it's entirely possible (since Viv is often unstable with her whackadoodle schemes) that he could be a DiMera, but I still don't buy it.

I'm hoping you are correct! Could he (StefanO) possibly be another missing egg-baby of Maggie's?? Or yet another child John sired in his mystery years??
Not Maggie's (oh please no). But I wouldn't be surprised if we find that he's related to John somehow. Hopefully not his son, which would technically make Stefan0 related to Vivian, as his grandaunt via adoption. But I still stand by the idea that Viv isn't his mama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jgk
I do not like Claire at all. She is nothing but a spoiled brat. And she was not abandoned by her parents. Belle wanted her to come with them to Hong Kong, but Claire pitched a fit about that and wanted to stay in Salem and work on her music. I do think Shawn and Belle should have asked Hope and Marlena to watch out for her better, but I believe she was still in the townhouse with John and Marlena when Belle and Shawn left. The kids moved into the loft after that.

I like Ciara off and on, and she's not as selfish as Claire, but she was angry and disillusioned when she left town and went to live with Shawn and Belle because of Claire hiding her letter to Theo and Theo paying Wyatt to date her. Now, she's sank herself down to Claire's level and acts just as immature.

That loft has become way too toxic. I really want those two girls to go back home to live, Ciara with Hope and Claire with John and Marlena unless Shawn and Belle return. Tripp can rent a room in Martin House and hang out with the twenty something group.

She was a still a baby when they found out Shawn-D was her father.
I know. My point is, since she was SORASed, the writers have some liberties that they can take with this information. Although if Claire were secretly just 12, it would explain a lot of her behaviour. (This is my major problem with SORAS - we have to believe everything happened on-screen and kids being 5, 6, 10 years older didn't/wouldn't/couldn't change facts about their storylines.)
Abby went to work on the computer, & found what a tycoon Stefan was. Also, that he used to be Sam Maitland
LOL we were both wrong then. I guess your turn was due to dig through summaries. :)

My dislike of Claire has nothing to do with Ciara. I'm not a Ciara fan either but Claire has been too obnoxious for me, even when Ciara wasn't around. I would be thrilled if Claire were to go to Hong Kong to live with her parents! I also feel Tripp should be in a more adult group, since these girls are still behaving way below their supposed ages.

Poirot, I hope you are right about Stefan not being a Dimera. The thing about the DNA test did seem like it was a plan hatched by Stefan, Vivian, and Andre. After some progress was made on the story this week, I'm now looking forward to seeing it play out, even if I still have to fast forward Stefan and Gabby carrying on together.

Don't disagree that Claire is a spoiled brat. My point is that Ciara has wronged her a lot. No one in Salem seems to bring this up. Their friendship went wrong when Ciara tried to steal Claire's boyfriend. At the encouragement of her family, by the way. And not one person has said to Ciara stealing a boyfriend is wrong, not mention your niece's boyfriend. Claire has every right to be mad at you.

Ah, but Theo told Ciara he loved her or something, and Ciara wasn't interested........they were good friends. Period. Ciara was raped, and that affected her a great deal. And then there is the fact Claire took that letter Theo wrote to Ciara, and hid it. Claire wanted Theo and used some rather underhanded means to achieve that goal.

I think that when Ciara returned to town, to find Theo in a coma, etc. she was rather irrational. She told him if she had been there, it would not have happened, thinking on her part is she would have stopped him, or he would have been with her, or whatever crazy ideas she had. The fact was, he was doing this for his family, breaking into the warehouse per Kate's pleas. Ciara could not have stopped it, neither could Claire. That was all just young, frustrated teens talking.

Claire again could not stand the idea that Tripp & Ciara had a secret, one none of her business, and thus she secretly recorded them, and instead of telling Hope immediately, if she felt Hope should know.........she chose the most inopportune time, and place, embarrassed everyone in the place, ruined what should have been a happy occasion. It was CLAIRE who waited with her news. She did not care about anyone's feelings, including Hope's. It was that SHE knew the secret and could tell, nyah, nyah, nyah at Ciara.

By the way, none of the teen set is worth any applause. they all have no redeeming qualities, so far. And that is just MY opinion.

Back