How did YOU come up with YOUR user name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammers

Reaction score
I thought it would be neat to hear the stories of how everyone came up with their user names.

Mine (Jammers) is a nickname that I have had since I was a child. My dad's business partner (and really good friend) and his son are the only ones who still call me Jammers and they are the ones who originally gave me the name. And it is all because I said that I was going to go put on my Jammers (instead of pajamas) one time.

I used to say Jammers when I was little too and I even say it to my kids now. LOL

I am missvicki and have been for everything. I am not sure if this product is sold in the US or not, but we have Miss Vicki's Chips (sea salt and malt vinegar or Sweet Chili and Sour Cream are my favorite...mmmm...) here in Canada and they are hugely popular, so in Junior High all my friends started calling me missvicki!

Im interested to find out how Poirot came up with poirot. LOL

I have used my nickname since '98.
Minako is from the Japanese animation (cartoon) Sailor Moon.
One of the little girl's "real" name was Aino Minako.
Her "superhero" name was Sailor Venus.

My husband at the time started calling me Minako and it just kinda stuck.

Oh, my real name is Margaret, but everyone calls me Peggy.

I remember watching Sailor Moon. Gosh, I forgot about that show. My kids love japanimation so I should definitley get that for them to watch!!

Mine is the name of my photo, my favorite place in the world to be is on the beach enjoying a Tropical Breeze with my family, I had never ever been anyplace as wonderful as when my soon to be hubby took me on a vacation just before I had to start back to teaching one fall, that is where he bought me a ring.. and made promises.. which he has kept too. Oh hubby took this photo too.

LOL, I'll bet there are some old timers here who know my story by heart....but.....years ago I was very new to the internet, no idea what the heck it was and finding my way around, and I stumbled onto a Days message board, and found I had to "register" in order to post. Well, I tried a couple different names (no idea what the heck a user name even was) but the names were already taken....but next to the computer was one of my Agatha Christie novels. I am a huge fan, over 100 of her books...and it was a Hercule Poirot mystery......thus...Poirot.

When I became a moderator, that was my name.....and I was one on this other site for 9 years, had to do 3 different soaps. I left, and when Wayne & I started this board, I kept the name, cuz folks knew me "when".

However, on Early Edition, I used my own name, so I do so on Day Ahead.......and I guess posters here call me by either one. :)

@Tropical Breeze, a couple weeks ago when my husband and I went on vacation, we stayed at a little resort in Siesta Key, Florida called Tropical Breeze. Here's some free advertising for them.

http://www.tropicalbreezeinn.com/index.php

My screen name is a combo name. Oh no! I break the rules every time I post. It's an homage to my all-time favorite couple. The "k" is Kayla and the "patch" is you-know-who.

Minako is from the Japanese animation (cartoon) Sailor Moon.

My teenaged daughter loved Sailor Moon (and stilldoes). She was so excited about a year and a half ago, when we went to Disney World, at the Japanese pavillion in Epcot, she found some Sailor Moon stuff.

Mine is very lame

Is not lame.

Mine is my email address before the @. I was picking an email address and trying to find something that fit me that I didn't need a number after. My husband used to tease me a lot about how curious I am about stuff. He's long since given up telling me that curiosity killed the cat, because I always reply "And satisfaction brought it back." He still says that our cats are almost as curious as I am. b2curious was the first thing that wasn't already taken.

Mine is my first initial and my last name....I began using it way back in the 90's when I first joined America on Line and the ACLU chat forum......have used it on everything that requires a user name since then....I'm trying to remember if it was ever not available and I don't think so....interesting....

Mine is a song I remember from the Greatest "super couple" Doug and Julie. That and "The most Beautiful Girl In The World" . I choose The Look Of Love
Later I realized that the that I was "LOL" all the time!

Mine is a mash-up of my first name Amanda and my middle name Aimee (pronounced the French way eh-may) I use it here on Pogo (not that I get there much anymore) and as my e-mail address

Hey, I go on Pogo, too, not as much as I used to, tho. LOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back