How did YOU come up with YOUR user name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is pogo? I have never heard of it before!

It's a website of games to play, some are free, some you have to pay a subscription fee for. the address is www.pogo.com

I used to have a subscription, but cancelled it after Gena was born. I just didn't have time to play as much. Sadly all my favorites are subscription games.

Thanks! Yeah, I play TextTwist on facebook with my Mom and that's about all the games I play!
I was sooo hooked on Farmville and Fronteirville for so long but I have finally kicked my addicion! LOL

My first name is Cathy and my maiden name is Cooper. :) Shortened 'em both and...voila....CatCoop! My nickname all through upper grades of school and to this day with my high school friends is Coop. :D

Hugs,
Cathy

FYI --- one of my very good friends named her daughter Mina, after that same person that played Sailor Venus on Sailor Moon. :)

MY name DaysLady, well- I love Days of our lives, and I'm a Lady. lol. that's about it. Now you can all rest well knowing the meaning of my name, I know its all been on your minds. :)

My son was the Senior Advisor of the Fish Drill Team at Texas A&M University 2007-2008. I might add that they were National Champions of the Mardi Gras Drill Meet that year. The nickname of the Senior Advisor is "Lonestar," as there is only one senior advisor along with two junior advisors and six sophomore advisors over a team made up of approximately 50 freshmen. Thus the name Lonestar08mom.......

LOL, I play the word games on Pogo, or solitaire, Poppit. (all free...you can play all kinds of things for free...I won't pay to join Club Pogo...)Over on Facebook, I play Family Feud and Bejeweled Blitz. I used to do Farmville & Cafe World.....and realized both were ridiculous for me.....quit both. So I am not there much.

I love hearing about how folks choose user names. I get notices when folks join, and get set back on my heels a bit at times, so love when I can read the "why"

My usename is a nod to the 'Official Tall Ship of Texas,' ELISSA, a fully restored and active 1877 squared-rigged sailing ship, moored in Galveston, Texas. I joined the Volunteer Program in 1996, and though we returned to Florida at the end of that year, I have been lucky enough to travel to Galveston twice a year since then to assist.

I tried coming up with some 'Days' oriented names, but the ones I liked, were taken, and just didn't seem to be 'me'.

I belong to a couple of other forums--other subjects--and I have different 'names' on those.

I'm curious as to how 'rew came up with her name.... :)

Love the "tall ships"........and yep....waiting for rew to weigh in. LOL

I watch four soaps, so I figured soaphead since it was full of soaps. I have used it since I was on the other place (same as Poirot) I figured I'd keep it since some of the people here "knew" me from there. :)

My usename is a nod to the 'Official Tall Ship of Texas,' ELISSA, a fully restored and active 1877 squared-rigged sailing ship, moored in Galveston, Texas. I joined the Volunteer Program in 1996, and though we returned to Florida at the end of that year, I have been lucky enough to travel to Galveston twice a year since then to assist.

We went to Galveston for our one night honeymoon (19yrs ago) and went aboard the Elissa to check her out....they were in process of restoring her then I think.

I am a big sports fan and years ago I went to create a name but sportsgirl was already taken so I made it sportzgirl916... the 916 is my birthday Sept 16.

GO RAMS!!!

Playing alphabet soup with me, DaysLady :D

Wow! Great thread. You guys are SOOOOO creative. I really really tried to come up with something cool because this is the first place I ever posted (the only place actually...lol), but I came up with zip! after two days of nothing...someone in my family told me that I was addicted to this show because I got a little ticked off when they interrupted my viewing and that stuck. I have been Addicted to DOOL ever since. :)

We went to Galveston for our one night honeymoon (19yrs ago) and went aboard the Elissa to check her out....they were in process of restoring her then I think.

Actually anytime you go and visit, you will see major work always being done. The process of restoration is a forever process, which is why the goal always is to have a week to ten days to actually go out and SAIL.

An antique car, ship, or clock will deteriorate the quickest if they are fixed up, and then stored, and not used. :)

:OT:aha....good to know. I thought they were done with restoring..of course it has been a while since I have been to that part of Galveston...usually just hit the seawall or strand...occasionally I will go onto the beach. The last time we were down there was a few weeks after IKE hit and the beach was soo high up that in a few places you could have actually just stepped off of the seawall and onto the beach. That was very weird to see.

:back: I am among all of you who are wondering how REW got her name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back