I miss Philip!

sgen75

Reaction score
I posted this on another board, but it sat there and never got a response from it. I don't think it's a very active board and I've been a creeper on this one long enough, haha. Anyway, here's a thought I wanted to share out:

I'm thinking it would be great timing to bring Philip back on the show (Jay Kenneth Johnson portrayal) since we now have Chad back and throwing his DiMera weight around. The show needs some of the younger but 30-40'ish roles. It would be cool to see a lot of people getting mowed over by Chad and then Philip shows back up in town and is like "who's this punk?"

I love me some Victor but we need a strong Kiriakis role and well, Brady doesn't really cut it. Plus, Philip was fun to look at?

removed texting gibberish symbols....JS

Jay Johnson left of his own accord, as he was interested in pursuing a music career. I don't know if he would be interested in returning. However, it would be feasible to bring Philip to town, maybe for a short visit, to mix it up with Chad, give Will a hard time about his article, and to see Parker perhaps.

I do too.

I'd love to get Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) back in the role but I think there is just such a desperate need for the character that I would almost accept a recast.

I need more Victor (minus Ruffles and God) and Philip would bring that and also it would force Brady to lift his game.

edited to write out actor's name and add character name.. using only initials to refer to an actor is not permitted here, you need to write out their full name...JS

Sonny is normal nice guy Kiriakis. Philip is more egotistical and sneaky. Though I'd love to see a Sonny/Chad falling out and Philip coming in to help Sonny get Chad out of Club TBD. Did Philip and Abby ever have any storylines? Dump Ben and Jordan out of the show and bring back Philip and Melanie. That would open up a lot more conflict and commonality between characters. Back to DiMera vs. Kiriakis but a younger generation?

I wish they'd bring Chloe back too. I could buy into a Philip/Chloe/Brady triangle if it gets Brady away from toxic women and gives Philip more layers than just business.

I also want the Pocket story revisited with Kayla onscreen.

I only want Philip if Jay Kenneth Johnson plays him. If he is not available, then it might be a good time to introduce Alexander Kiriakis on screen. As Anjelica's son, he is sure to be more devious than Sonny.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS

Bringing back Philip, or another of the Kiriakis family would be fine with me! I just don't want the Hope and Aiden story pushed to a back burner.

I agree that Sonny is a young, strong Kiriakis. But I think it's how MWise described him, he's more of the normal, nice guy with the occasional edge. Philip had the potential to be a powerhouse bad guy, but one with a heart of gold that you couldn't help but like.

I've been lightly following Jay Kenneth Johnson's (Philip) career since he left Days and realize he left of his own accord. I wish him lots of success, but I definitely miss his portrayal of Philip and is one of those characters I would find hard to accept a new casting of. Even if he could just blaze into town temporarily, that would be great!

And you can never go wrong with more Victor! Love the guy!

I loved Jay Kenneth Johnson as Philip. And I loved Philip and Melanie when it was just the two of them. They did share some really sweet moments. I'd love to see the show revisit that and if they are gonna go for a triangle then they should go for Philip/Melanie/Chad. I think Chad was more in love with Melanie than he ever was with Abby. But he sure did blow it with each of them.

edited to write out actor's name...using only initials to refer to actors is not permitted here...JS

I loved Jay Kenneth Johnson as Philip. And I loved Philip and Melanie when it was just the two of them. They did share some really sweet moments. I'd love to see the show revisit that and if they are gonna go for a triangle then they should go for Philip/Melanie/Chad. I think Chad was more in love with Melanie than he ever was with Abby. But he sure did blow it with each of them.

edited to write out actor's name...using only initials to refer to actors is not permitted here...JS

I really didn't see anything serious with Melanie and Chad. At first they were cute, but they quickly ran out of steam and it was clear the writers didn't know what to do with them. They got boring. I think the other day Chad called Abby the love of his life--to me, that makes more sense than it being Melanie. Sure he left Abby to be with Melanie, but then got back together with Abigail, battled it out with Cameron over her heart, and even now he is still upset about her sleeping with his brother.

I miss Philip and would like to see him back. I don't know if I could get used to another actor. It would depend. I did not at all like the one who played the role for a while during the military thing and when he was harassing Belle to marry him.

You and me both. I do think Philip would be a welcome addition to Salem at this point though.

I would like Philip back, as well as Shawn and Belle and some other characters in this age group. Maybe Stephanie and Chelsea too. I think they need to bring back some Horton, Brady and Kiriakis characters that left as children in the 80s and 90s. Like maybe Andrew (Theresa's borther) and Alex, Victor and Joey (Sonny's brothers). Maybe that might bring some life back into the show.

Back