In re: Combo names, initials, etc.....

Is it okay to use the "at" sign @ to someone you are replying to who is the post above yours or a 1 post from yours ,since no quoting above..
Can we use JMO (just my opinion) or IMO (in my opinion) lately I feel very... stupid.

That's the preferred way to do it (using the "@" sign), but actually, if you're posting directly below someone, there's really no need to do anything. Just type your reply, as I'm doing now.

While many people know what JMO and IMO mean (although, I didn't; had to look them up online), they need to be written out.

I always put the person's screen name and either a comma or hyphen after it when I'm addressing what they said in the post above mine.

I've seen Just Samantha and Poirot changed it when people use "JMO" (Just My Opinion) and "IMO" (In My Opinion). A lot of people here don't text, tweet, email, or message so have no idea what they mean. I try not to use abbreviations or text speak even when texting because they have a tendency to creep in unexpectedly while doing business emails and texts.

While many know what JMO or IMO might mean, many do not. So it is best to write them out. I always do.
Sometimes, while typing a reply beneath a post, by the time I post it, there is another reply inbetween, so I go back, and edit MY post, using the @ to direct it if I am replying to someone specific.

Back