In re: Combo names, initials, etc.....

@Poirot Thanks! Very interesting to read that origin. It may have been on that other one where I also saw it.

K Mansion. LOL. Sounds like a ketamine factory or distributer. :rotfl:

A rule I have to get used of. Everywhere I post I use combo names and actor initials. I will continue to try to stop it here.

Don't worry, if you do use initials or combo names, they will get fixed by the moderators.

Not everyone knows the initials (or even the real names) of the actors on the show and many have no idea who the combo names are referring to. I read another board for a different soap and it's full of combo names and actors' initials and I rarely know who they're referring to and it's frustrating to have to try to look it up for each post.

I like the rule about actor's initials since I get confused a lot.

so we can use combo names here for reference.

No, combo names are not used on this board. We also don't use just actor or character initials; or just the actors' first names or nicknames, like Ali (for Alison Sweeney/Sami) or Dee (for Deidre Hall/Marlena).

We also don't use "text speak" ("u" for "you"; "y" for "why", "2" for "to" or "too"; "4" to mean "for"; "wo" for "without", etc.)

I meant "here" as in this topic only

I appreciate that rule so please forgive me if i forget. I've been posting a long time on another site so the abbrevations became a habit. I take the rules seriously and will eventually not have to think about this any longer. Thanks for the explanation.

Ah, you are talking about TPTB.......and it means The Powers That Be...referring to whoever is in charge. The suits at the network, owner of a program, & yes, even the writers.

I was wondering what TPTB meant.
thanks for letting me know.I am going to
like this board.I myself have used combo names.
I usually know who posters are referring too.
I think of combo names as a good short writing.

I myself have used combo names.
I usually know who posters are referring too.
I think of combo names as a good short writing.

Please remember that combo names are not used here.

Over the past several years we did not have to deal with some things that have evolved. We do not use combo names, initials or text speak(cannot tell you how much I hate the latter, lol). I know it gets surprising but a great many of us do not have i pads, MP3players, phones that can tweet, or are even interested in any of it. Want to know how long it was before I finally understood that "ap" doesn't always necessarily mean Associated Press, which it has for years. (just short for application, I believe).
And again, we just want to make sure that anyone who reads here understands what a poster is talking about, and that includes those from countries outside of the U.S. and yes, we have members here from across the oceans.

Back