Interesting Christmas gifts

Ooh, I like the pink .22 idea! I've seen pink BB guns at Tractor Supply that I think are cute. Also, in magazines I've seen pink toolboxes with pink-handled tools that I'd like to have.

Stellasami, I have some relatives who could use that foot thingy your son gave you. I think I've seen them (the foot thingies, not my relatives) in catalogs.

This is the one that I want.
53830.gif

It is, and there's not much recoil while you shoot, which I am thrilled about. I hit my target 4 of 7 shots my first time shooting it! I know that's not great, but I haven't broken it in yet and am used to shooting 9mm and bigger.

The mag drop is neat, too. It's the black underneath the trigger. Sig Sauer makes one similar to the one you've been looking at, Squirrel, it's a Mosquito. I eyed it (and drooled over it) for awhile. I haven't shot one, though.

Just wanted to update you all on my daughter's first project with her sewing machine. She made a tote bag and matching change purse for her best friends birthday. Was a very simple project to get her comfortable with the machine and I found the instructions on the internet. Only used 3 pieces of square cut fabric, designer masking tape (used as the inside liner), elastic band (used as the straps), and a zipper. Bought the fabric pre-cut in quarter sizes for $0.97 each. Total cost for entire project was about $12. Could have just bought the tote but this way she got to make something for her friend that was unique because she mix-matched the fabric pieces so the tote and purse are very colorful.

She was very proud of her work, as was I. I just hope she doesn't get carried away and want to make a set for ALL of her friends now.

Back