Is Paul John's son?

Rapes can be incestuous too.
I didn't say they couldn't be. I'm talking about daytime soaps in the US and the fact that they will not have two blood-related characters in a consensual sexual relationship. (other than Passions, which went off the air years ago)

I agree. U.S. daytime soaps generally stay away from incest stories. They may have near misses..but they don't go ahead with story. And while that subject may be taboo for a storyline, it is not prohibited here to mention it.
And besides, Taboo used to be a very popular perfume at one time. LOL O.K. it was spelled Tabu. LOL

And really, this is a friendly board, so we do not have dictionary police patrolling the threads, nor do we correct spelling, grammar, etc. This is not school.

Sorry if it came off as policing. That wasn't the intent. I see incest is taboo on soaps a lot (not just here) & simply disagree with that opinion while providing examples as part of the discussion & not schooling.

By the way, there's a nightclub here called Tabu too. :)

Addition: There is correction in way of edits, of spelling done here, just not in the usual red font color. It's done under the radar. Not being combative, just keeping it real.

I just think Paul will be related to "someone" in Salem. That's why his Mom is so reluctant to come. Some blood connection, be it John, Stefano, Clyde or egg baby will show up. Not that I'll be happy about it!

I really *really* don't want John to be Paul's father. I actually would like this guy to not be related to anyone in Salem. I'm kind of tired of these past connection kinds of things coming back up. I think Rafe and his family were the last "new" people to show up who didn't have a prior connection to anyone, right? Even Serena, who isn't related to anyone, has a past since she's connected to Eric.

The baseball "exchange" might just have been a nice nod to Drake Hogestyn (John) having gone to college on a baseball scholarship in real life. Plus he was drafted by the NY Yankees, and played on one of their farm teams.

When John and Paul had their first quick conversation (about baseball), the first thing that came to mind for me was Drake Hogestyn (John) being involved in baseball as a young guy. I had wondered if the conversation was a nod to that.

As long as Paul is NOT another Maggie egg-baby...then I don't care.

I just don't want a Maggie egg-baby. She can barely contain herself with the 1 egg baby. She'd mess her pants if she found another.

I agree. I think it would be cool if Paul was the child of John and the woman in Japan from some point--it'd give John more airtime, possibly Marlena as well, and someone to be there for Brady. But yes, any egg-baby of Maggie's or even a child of Clyde's wouldn't work for me.

Oh, I would totally be onboard for John being Paul's long lost unknown father. It would give John and Marlena a STORY. TOGETHER. Wow, what a concept, writers! Seriously, if they go the route of Paul being yet another spawn of Stefano then the suits/writers are truly making a mockery of this show. That will add absolutely NOTHING to the show. Been there, done that....again....and again! Also, the idea of Paul being the baby that "died" along with Mrs. Weston, while I suppose would help finally tie up the Jordan story, it too doesn't add much to the show and it certainly does not make sense timeline-wise given all the mentions of Jordan/Ben's ages and when they left Poplar Bluff etc.

It's possible that Stefano was involved somehow with John fathering Paul as it could have been during his time as the Pawn. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if/when Mama Narita finally shows up in Salem.

Going back to Sparkster's point of this not being a Stefano's child situation, I agree. Especially since Stefano is out of town and only seen every now and then on a phone call. What would the point be of Paul being yet another DiMera spawn?

Addition: There is correction in way of edits, of spelling done here, just not in the usual red font color. It's done under the radar. Not being combative, just keeping it real.
Yes, sometimes the mods do correct spelling or edit posts for clarity. We normally don't leave edit notes to point out people's spelling mistakes. But if we do make a note about a spelling correction, there is a reason (known to the poster and mod only).

If Stefano returns to Salem, Paul could be his kid too. And I'm still not ruling out the Poplar Bluff connection either. It would pretty much be a repeat of Lucas--he was connected to both Austin and Billie and then to the Horton family.

My issue with Paul being John's son is that Belle and Brady should be younger than him and clearly that is not the case. I realize age doesn't matter on soaps but I'm tired of all these new characters showing up suddenly with past connections to long time characters in Salem. Why not bring back existing characters with connections to long time Salemites instead?

Thank you JS for clarifying that comment. We do try to fix a minor mistake at times, and yes, we do not note it.
And one of the reasons we DO note most edits is more for the other posters, so they know not to make the same mistakes.......like combo names, using initials, quoting the initial or first post in a thread...etc. So, let's just move on here from the supposed non-combative remarks, and get back to Paul's parentage.

I do agree that Paul's mother's reluctance to come to Salem would seem because she knows someone is there, and that someone just could be related to Paul. And he has no idea.

So let's talk about John. He had Brady from his marriage to Isabella. Marlena has Sami & Eric from her marriage to Roman. They both are parents of Belle. Is the show really going to give John another grown child at this stage of his life? Isn't this "unknown child" bit been done to death already on Days?
But if they do HAVE to go there, why John? Why not Roman? Tony? Bill Horton? Bo? Daniel? Shane?

Paul can't be linked to to Kiriakis, Horton and Brady family by blood because of incest. That leaves: John, Stefano, Dan, Clyde and Rafe as the possible father if they are going there with the story. Dan and Rafe seem unlikely and no story there really. That leaves John, Stefano and Clyde as the most likely.

Back