John Aniston (Victor) passed away

I really loved John Aniston. He was so great with the one-lined zingers. I don't have access to Days anymore but I am sure those zingers will be sorely missed. I like how he mellowed out as he got older. And while he started out as a bad guy, I really liked how he developed into a better human. Given his age, I knew this day would come, but it still is incredibly sad.

Like everyone else, I was deeply saddened by the death of John Aniston. He was one of a kind, and Days was very fortunate to have him. His scenes improved any episode in which he appeared, regardless of whether he was getting off one of his classic one-liners, being the grouch, or actually being nice. He will be sorely missed.

And, though I know it's not gonna happen, but in my dream send off for him, somehow, Jennifer Aniston (his real life daughter) makes an appearance, maybe as a cameo at the funeral or something.

It was always a dream of mine to see her on the show with her dad. I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Aniston's, so I am disappointed she'll never get that scene with her dad on screen, but maybe she can be like, a cameo, sitting in the pews at St. Luke's or something. Man, I would totally fan girl!

But I'm well aware that it's a very long shot in the dark to make something like that happen.
We could all dream. Maybe his death was known to be eminent and they figured they would find a "long lost daughter" just before his death. The writers could really make it surreal (maybe not THESE writers), but that would be a gift to all of us. But, that too, is probably not going to happen.

Back