John Aniston (Victor) passed away

I wonder how they will write his goodbye on the show? A character like that gets quite a send off (or should get one, in my opinion!).
Well, look how they handled Joe Mascolo's (Stefano) death. They did a lovely tribute to the actor at the end of an episode, but they wrote a kind of "open ended" ending for the character. While only Steve and Shane knew that Shane had dressed up as Stefano to be caught and jailed, then he broke out of jail and went around town so that he'd be picked up on security cameras, there was one picture of Stefano sitting on a park bench feeding birds that Shane swore he didn't sit for, so that he and Steve were left wondering if Stefano was really alive after all. (this was after Hope shot him to death and Rafe helped her hide it)

When Peggy McCay (Caroline) died, they had Caroline die while living with Kimberly in California. Kim called Roman to let him, Kayla and the family know that Ma had died peacefully during the night. They hired a lookalike actress to tape a scene that looked as though Caroline was watching her family through the window of the pub (as a ghost) when they toasted her at the end of the episode.

I wonder how they will write his goodbye on the show? A character like that gets quite a send off (or should get one, in my opinion!). I'm already crying just thinking about how emotional those scenes will be, and we have to wait 5 whole months to see them. I'll be ready with my tissues, for sure!
I really, sincerely, deeply hope that they give Victor a proper send off, instead of just a "In loving memory" blurb at the end of an episode. He deserves at least a whole episode, with Victor flashbacks. Perhaps with Maggie sitting there looking at old photos of Victor, and then cut to video flashbacks, then fade to "In loving Memory" for the ending.....Or even maybe a few flashbacks with him, and Stephano, would be great also. John Aniston was such a part of the big success of the show back in the best Days of Our Lives moments. He is due a wonderful, tearful, beautiful, heartfelt goodbye.

Going to miss Victor's snarky one-liners.

9c7ff520c568cfc78696b66b8320a118.jpg
He truly did have some of the BEST one-liners. I bet they had some fun doing those on set.

In re: flashbacks.......I believe they have to pay other actors, or their estate if/when using pics or past scenes. Don't know how they will handle Victor's passing........I remember Alice coming downstairs to tell family that Tom had died. I think when Joe Mascolo died (Stefano) they were not sure if they would recast, thus the idea that Stefano MIGHT still be alive. With John Aniston's frail health the last year or so, they MIGHT have thought of how to deal with that possibility. However, as JS noted, we will probably be seeing Victor in the next few months, since Days films so far ahead.

Thank you Mr. Aniston....you have given us so much pleasure over the years.......we are grateful, & saying a prayer. Rest in Peace.

I will be disappointed if all he gets is a "in memoriam" thing at the end of a show. I know the show will do what they feel is best, and I'm also positive the cast will give him what they feel he would want. (regardless of what I want). So, I will understand if that's what they do, but I am hoping for a beautiful send off. Let me cry the tears, Days!

And, though I know it's not gonna happen, but in my dream send off for him, somehow, Jennifer Aniston (his real life daughter) makes an appearance, maybe as a cameo at the funeral or something.

It was always a dream of mine to see her on the show with her dad. I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Aniston's, so I am disappointed she'll never get that scene with her dad on screen, but maybe she can be like, a cameo, sitting in the pews at St. Luke's or something. Man, I would totally fan girl!

But I'm well aware that it's a very long shot in the dark to make something like that happen.

This is so tragic. RIP John Aniston, and condolences to his family. Victor was one of my favorites and frequently on when I first started regularly watching in the late summer of 2010. I have always loved his snark and scenes with Maggie. I'm glad he was on the show Friday for their anniversary when I did the write-up.

I am so sad to hear of his passing. He will be greatly missed on the show. As everyone has said, his snarkiness and that smile made me laugh. May you rest in peace John Aniston. Thoughts and prayers for your family. There will never be another Victor Kiriakis.

Back