Julie

I'm annoyed that there's no explanation for where Doug is while Julie is running all over town. Whatever the behind-the-scenes reason is, there should have been a line of dialogue somewhere, or Julie on the phone with Doug filling him on things. I do not believe that Julie is THIS upset about Nick and not communicating with Doug at all. That makes zero sense and it could have easily been addressed. Then again these are the same writers who expect us to actually believe Bo has abandoned his family for 18+ months and that Shane and Jack were both horrible absentee fathers, so I guess I can add Doug to the list of male legacy characters the writers have trashed by not writing them out properly.

This is not a Spoiler thread but he recently posted something on Facebook about a Days taping. I think Jason47 may have posted it on his page too.

This is typical Days style in my opinion. They have been doing this for years, most notably with young children. It's why we never see or rarely hear about Joey Johnson. He should be involved with Ciara and Chase right now. Or even seen having a play date with Theo since all the young kids in Salem are magically the same age.

Julie has been an idiot for quite some time now...........
00020472.gif

Want to bet that Susan Hayes, who plays Julie, was undoubtably doing a lot of eye rolling when she got her scripts for those scenes.

So yes, the writers have Julie feeling that poor Nick was trying to turn his life around. He loved Gabi, just wanted a life with her. Julie chooses to ignore that Nick was minipulating Gabi, trying to take Arianna from Will, was trying to control everything.
No, she does not know about all the various blackmail things, neither does Hope. Nor the attempted rape. Nor Percy, the blackmail pics, etc.
So, from what she does know, Julie feels that Nick had not done anything that would cause anyone to want to kill him. Julie needs to sit down and think a bit, and realize that there had to more, and folks are not talking. But then, being Julie, she would suggest to Hope, and Maggie, and before you know it, others would be in deep doo doo, so this time......Julie is the bad guy. It truly is a shame, but then.....those 3 women should actually be beating themselves up for not watching Nick a bit better......look at Rafe now.

I wish tptb would have had Julie understand that Nick was indeed nuts. There's no reason that it shouldn't have been that way. They could have had Hope have a real talk with her and when all was said and done Julie could have been understanding and not written as the bitter idiot.

Too bad Marlena can't play the voice mail message Nick left for her, to Julie.
I agree Poirot, Susan Hayes who plays Julie was probably aghast at what they were having her do. Kind of like poor Drake Hogestyn (John Black) and how stupidly they write (and continue to write) his character.

I don't know how they do it...I know it's their job but it has to be tough sometimes.

I can't wait until she is gone. Talk about annoying!

I know that Doug and Julie have been popular ever since I started watching, but they both annoy me to death! I understand Julie going off on everyone in the context of the story; but I wanted to smack her upside the head and tell her to shut up, and get down off the soapbox! The only thing that would have made the episode more annoying, is if they figured out a way to worm in a corny song somewhere! Whenever Doug and Julie are around, they always find someway to let one or both sing, and I cringe every time. :eek:

Back