Lucas' Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kpatch

Dedicated to all the Lucas fans who felt cheated of a proper exit for a favorite character.

Chapter 1

KROGER SUPERMARKET

[Readers: Please click the link to listen to the song that’s playing over the store’s public broadcasting system while reading this chapter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znZCse46fp4 ]

Lucas is pushing his grocery cart through the store when his Blackberry rings.
Lucas: Damn, I wish I didn’t sign up for Facebook. I keep getting these annoying notifications every two minutes. Let’s see what this one is about. He looks at the display. Sami? Why is she trying to get in touch with me through Facebook? Why doesn’t she just call me like a normal person? Probably because she’s not a normal person.
The message: “Lucas, I need you. Hurry.”
His brow furrows and he lets out a sigh.
Lucas: Don’t you have four or five other beck-and-call boys? What do you “need” me for? Ha. Who am I kidding? She calls me because I’m the fool who drops everything for her and comes running. Oh hell.
He dials Sami’s number.
Lucas: What do you want, Sami?
Sami [on her cell phone]: What do you mean what do I want?
Lucas: You called me.
Sami: No, you called me.
Lucas: OK, then tweeted or fanned or friended. Whatever it’s called.
Sami: Lucas, have you been drinking?
Lucas: Sami, I’m not in the mood for this. If you need something, come out with it. Otherwise, I’ve got things to do.
Sami: Then go. Do your things.
Lucas hangs up.
Lucas: Damn, that woman is so irritating.

LUCAS’ HOUSE

Later, Lucas is home. He put his groceries away, changed into a black tee shirt and blue jeans, and has just made himself a plate of nachos. He’s at his computer getting comfortable when he logs into his Facebook account and sees a new message from Sami on his wall.

Message from Sami: Lucas, why haven’t you answered me???
Lucas types a response: I did! What’s wrong with you???
Lucas: Damn!
He logs off the computer, grabs his jacket, and heads out.

To be continued weekdays, starting tomorrow ...

Lucas!

Sweet! Thanks for writing Lucas' happy ending (hopefully), Kpatch - it's intriguing so far.

Oh boy something is up. Someone has gotten into Sami's facebook account and posting as her. You think Sami would have figured it out when Lucas called her. What a mystery. This is just so exciting. I have tried turning the page for more, but it is not working. Guess I will have to wait til tomorrow. Thanks for the chapter kpatch. I so love Lucas and hoping this ends up with Sami and Lucas together.

I can just see him sitting there in his black T, (does that fabulous tattoo on his bicep show...??) and eating nachos....that's soooo Lucas...!!!!
Great start....you already have us involved and guessing who's messaging (or whatever it is called...) Lucas and why.....looking forward to tomorrow's chapter...!!!

So the mystery begins ... great start Kpatch. LOL on the constant facebook alerts (that's why Lucas should have started a separate email account just for facebook but at least he upgraded to a blackberry instead of the standard Salem cell.)

@ PAllison, I'm picturing that black T as well :)
(wardrobe does such a great job for Kpatch's stories).

I'm right behind ya sportzgirl!

Be still my heart...there he goes...I got the rear view ladies. kpatch, can you find a way to include a shower scene in your story? :D:D:D

I need pictures...I'm heading over to the gallery. :drool:

Chapter 2

THE PENTHOUSE

Lucas knocks, Sami opens the door, and Lucas barrels in. Rafe and Will are sitting on the sofa. Rafe is eating a slice of pizza and Will has his feet up on the coffee table and is texting on his cell phone.

Lucas: What are you doing, Sami?
Sami:: We’re having pizza. Want some?
Will [barely looking up]: Hey Dad.
Lucas: Will, get your feet off the table. Didn’t your parents teach you any manners?
Rafe: Hey Lucas.
Lucas: Hi Ralph. Look Sami, why are you ... He looks over at Rafe and Will, then pulls Sami aside and whispers. Why are you posting strange messages on my Facebook wall?
Sami [speaking at normal volume]: I don’t know what you’re talking about, Lucas. I don’t have time for Facebook. I use Twitter.
Lucas: Well, that’s weird. Someone must be impersonating you.
Sami: You mean someone stole my identity?
Rafe: Did you say identity theft?
Sami: Lucas thinks someone stole my identity.
Lucas: That’s not what I said.
Rafe: I’m on it. He whips out his cell phone and makes a call. This is Rafe with the FBI. I need to run a check on a possible stolen identity.
Sami [punching some keys on her cell phone's keypad]: What’s the URL for Free Credit Report Dot Com?
Lucas rolls his eyes.
Will: Facebook is so yesterday.
Lucas: What do you mean? You have a Facebook account. I’ve seen it.
Will: No duh. I stopped using it when my parents started posting messages on my wall. So embarrassing.
Lucas: You know what? Forget it. Seriously. Just forget it. I’m outta here.
Sami: Lucas, don’t forget, you have Allie this weekend.
Lucas: Do I ever forget?

LUCAS’ HOUSE

Back at Lucas’ place, he gets on the computer to check Facebook once again and there’s a new message on the wall from Sami. This one makes his heart race.
Sami's message: Listen General, don’t make me pull rank on you. I’m waiting!
Lucas [talking to himself]: Sami is the only one who ever called me “General,” and she hasn’t called me by that name in years. This is getting very weird.

To be continued...

Ah...the mystery deepens...I can think of so many possibilities!

Wooo hooooo!!!!! Kpatch is back and going on strong with this new story!!!

There are soooo many possibilities at this point, I think I'll just sit back and keep my guesses to myself at the moment :)

I'm glad your back kpatch and I hope you had a wonderful trip!!

Boy this is just so interesting. I have one idea, but I am always wrong in my guesses. Just love that Will stopped using facebook because his parents posted messages. So glad that Allie was remembered I like her. Was so excited when Sami had a little girl. Thanks for the chapter kpatch. Looking forward to opening my present tomorrow morning.

Funny, just for fun I searched Lucas Roberts in FB and there were tons of them. Then I remembered he changed his name & there were still tons of Lucas Hortons' also.... darn! :D

Rafe: I’m on it. He whips out his cell phone and makes a call. This is Rafe with the FBI. I need to run a check on a possible stolen identity.
Sami [punching some keys on her cell phone's keypad]: What’s the URL for Free Credit Report Dot Com?

LOLOLOL! I am still rolling. Clueless...both of them. Thank goodnes Lucas (ahem, The General) is there to save the day.

Love love love Lucas with the Salem brain.

Oh General, My General.... I love Lucas remembering Sami's nickname for him and that he is determined to figure out what is really going on. :clap:

@ Sportzgirl, psst... the Lucas Horton you are looking for goes by the alias of Bryan Dattilo on Facebook ... (but seriously, the real Bryan does have an official page on FB that he does post at from time to time).

sshhhh, and I belong to it there. LOLOL.

On a roll, kpatch, definitely on a roll!
1_fanfest02.JPG

Chapter 3

SALEM PD

Roman: Lucas, what da hell are you doing here?
Lucas: Can we talk in private?
Roman: Sure, we can use Bo’s office.
They go into Bo’s office and sit down. Lucas leans forward.
Lucas: I’m not sure how to say this.
Roman: Hold on a sec while I activate the cone of silence.
Lucas: I think Sami Brady is an imposter.
Roman: Not that again. You’ve been claiming Sami isn’t herself for the past two or three years.
Lucas: I know I’ve said this before, Roman, but this time it’s true. I’m sure of it.
Roman looks up in the air and shakes his head in exasperation.
Roman: You gonna tell me that Stefano has her?
Lucas: No one knows better than you what that man is capable of. He held you captive for years.
Roman: Okay, let’s say I believe you. What makes you think Sami isn’t Sami this time?
Lucas: I got a message on my Facebook wall and it was from Sami. So I called her and asked what she wanted and she says she didn’t post anything on my wall, that she prefers to use Twitter.
Roman: Okay, now you lost me. Facebook? Twitter? Are you gay?
Lucas: No!
Roman: Drunk?
Lucas: Damn it, Roman, I’m serious. Look at this. He uploads his Facebook account on his Blackberry. Damn, this thing loads slow.
Roman: Here. Use this computer.
Lucas accesses his account using Bo’s computer.
Lucas: Check this out.
Roman reads the messages that Lucas points to.
Roman: I’m not sure I know what I’m looking for.
Lucas: Here. This. This part where she calls me “General.” That’s something between me and Sami and no one else knows she calls me that.
Roman: So based on this one comment, you think my daughter ... the woman living in the Penthouse ... isn’t Sami.
Lucas: It’s not just that one comment ... there are dozens of clues, but that’s the one that tells me I’m right about this.
Roman: Ahhh. You’re dreaming. I know my daughter and ...
Lucas: No offense, Roman, but I know her better than you do. You were out of her life for quite a while.
Roman: Let’s be straight with each other, Lucas. You’ve said before that Sami isn’t herself, but I always figured that it was bad berries over the fact that you lost her to another guy. And then another guy after that.
Lucas: You know what? This isn’t bad berries or hard feelings or anything like that.
Roman: Okay, okay. Then answer me this. Just who da hell is da woman in da Penthouse?
Lucas: I have no idea. But I do know that the real Sami needs my help and I need to find her.
Roman: In order to launch an investigation, I’d need some hard evidence that the woman in the Penthouse isn’t Sami. Not just some post on Fakebook.
Lucas: Facebook.
Roman: Hmmm. I think I just figured out how to get dat proof!

To be continued on Monday...

What a great great story...there is so much laugh out loud humor (and I don't mean LOL, I mean I'm literally laughing out loud as I read) that I can't even highlight it all, it would be as long as your chapter...!!!!
So Lucas is going to leave Salem in search of the real Sami....super...!!
Loved yesterday's chapter with Rafe, Sami, Will and Lucas....and today with Roman was just spot on....
Can't wait for Monday....!!! This story will definitely be on my list to read again....!!

Now I am picturing Roman looking like Maxwell Smart! I loved that show!
Roman needs to get the Salem brain, or maybe he has at the very end.

Now I am on my way to Fakebook (LOL) to friend Bryan!! I am already a friend of Allison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back