May sweeps 2020

A better storyline for John and Marlena would involve NO kidnappings for either one of them.

A drug that causes hallucinations even if it's out of Abby's system sounds sophisticated. I would not be surprised if Rolf was behind it. Steve-ano and Rolf had their heads together about something before the surgery to remove the chip from Steve-ano to turn him back into Steve. It also sounds like Abby is kidnapped, that she did not run away, but given her history, people will think she has fled.

Ben and Ciara need to wait on getting married until they are better off financially with steady jobs and a stable home. Eric and Nicole should go for it, though. They have waited long enough.

Maybe Jack & Jen? Are they still divorced or did they not get divorced? Hard to keep track. I do hope they don't try to marry Justin & Kayla!
I keep picturing a large group wedding.......Days just no longer does nice weddings, making everyone in town able to marry couples. Except a minister or justice of peace! Sigghhh.

Here is a link to the May sweeps at Soap Opera Digest

Reading this is so gross. I think he puts more thoughts into his interviews than his writing. And finally, it's so clear he thinks in bubbles instead of in ripples. He shouldn't categorize the stories by couplings only. It's lazy and irresponsible in the long-term.

Also, a real twist in the Maggie story would be there not being one. Seriously. Who didn't expect a twist? They're not going to put a 45-year vet of the show in prison for good and toss away the key.

Head Writer Ron Carlivati Gives The Inside Scoop On May Sweeps.
“The audience has been waiting to see Eric and Nicole get married for a long, long time. "

I like how he knows what I want to see....NOT....I do not want to see them dating let alone married. Just me, but I still think Eric is a putz.

Maggie: “We realized that when we concocted this story with the car accident,(Edited middle garbage) Maggie really is at the lowest point you could imagine when the story takes an interesting twist and you realize there may be a little bit more to the story of what happened the night of the car crash. So that is just another chapter of that story that has yet to roll out.”

This story is so terrible. Everything is terrible. And reading Ron's idea of good story telling is beyond sad. I'm losing faith in this show.

Exactly. The Kristen/Lani "friendship" was filmed and done long before the viewers ever saw it. So his feedback had to have come from people within the show or in his personal life.

Guess he thinks that because they ran into each other in the convent, and left it at same time, it bonded them or something?? Plus, he writes nearly a year in advance, so.....yep, JasonD is right.....must use a couple of "inner circle" co-workers/friends to base his assumptions on.

Back