May sweeps 2020

I think I can make more sense of it now having more knowledge of when Days was/wasn't taping. But the "sudden recast" is still one of my least favourite things about soaps. (At least give us a week or two between actors, or, failing that, a voiceover like in the '60s.)

No problem here with her, either. But I do wish all shows would return to doing the "the part of ..........is now being played by.........!

And as I think I have posted before, Kelly Thiebaud (original Zoey) was not on contract, was free to leave if she got the other part. And most daytime actors salivate at the idea of getting a prime time gig. Heck, in the past. Bo, Hope, Marlena among others have all left for periods of time to do prime time. And then some actors become ill (like Eve). Whatever their reasons, actors have personal lives, so can understand.

Actually, I do, too. This one fits with making Zoey a softer character.
The way the story line has gone, the new actress is a better choice. The first Zoey was confident, confrontational, and full of herself. It would be impossible to imagine her violating attorney-client privilege to help Rafe. In contrast, it wouldn't be hard to imagine Zoey I doing all sorts of improper things, such as putting Evan on the witness stand knowing that he'd commit perjury left and right or actively helping Orpheus flee with Baby David.

Last edited:
Back