Mon 3/29 No show

@Oliviaunt....your avatar is about how we are all dressed around here yesterday and today......LOL

I had been thinking I should change it, but it would seem God is not quite done with winter yet. Hope it gets warmer for you!!

hoisted on his own petard!

I remember a radio call-in show in New York way back when that used that term. Maybe it was syndicated, but I would wager that's where you got that term as well.

I always thought that hurricaines happened at the end of the summer and the beginning of fall. Katrina was at the end of Aug. Shows how much I know about weather.

You DO know about hurricanes, DJM. The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30th each year, as genehunter mentioned. Maybe Santo Domingo is not in the Atlantic. At any rate, I am guessing that's why they are calling it a "freak" storm because it's outside the normal hurricane season.

Actually, kpatch, it's a freak storm because it's happening in this weird storyline. :rotfl:

If Brady REALLY wanted to marry Arianna, he would have asked the Justice to take three minutes and marry them, sprinklers or no sprinklers, storm or no storm, Nicole or no Nicole.

Oh I gotcha. It's a freak storyline.

I thought it stupid in Friday's show that Arianna and Brady took the time to explain to Nicole and Faye about the sprinklers and that they came back inside to find the Justice of the Peace and yada yada yada, like they were all oldest bestest friends. Arianna was all happy and animated to the same person she had been screaming at a short while ago. It was a silly scene. Freaky actually.

OK I did some research.

First, Santo Domingo is in the Dominican Republic which is South East of Florida in the Atlantic Ocean.

Kpatch is correct, hurricane season runs from June 1 - November 30th. Living in Florida, every Floridian knows when we have to start stocking up on supplies!

That being said, I went to hurricane.com and checked some stats.

The earliest hurricane on record was:

Earliest hurricane in existence in a calendar year: Hurricane Alice, January 1-6, 80mpg 1955 (and December 31, 1954), formed the previous year.

Ironically, Alice was also the Latest hurricane in existence with it's formation in December.

There was a hurricane on March 6, 1908 as well.

So it *can* happen.

Thanks for all the information. I have learned a lot.

I agree with KathyLu Brady and Arianna had time to get married if they really wanted to. I would have only taken a few minutes to do the wedding. After all they had time to pack, make a lot of phone calls. ect.

Thanks for the research, minako98

That backs up what our 'local' weather people said about our last 'blizzard' in Feb and the big rains in March... they 'could' have been hurricanes. They had the winds (clocked over 75mph), the formation & the 'eye'.,but neither storm was formed in the 'tropics', and hurricanes 'are' tropical storms. So, they were 'just' nor'easters.

It's a rare thing, obviously, but it's the same w/ tornadoes, there 'is' a season for them, too, but there were a few that popped up earlier this year which were said to be 'unusual' because it was not their season. (?)

Want to laugh.......guess who now has a job at the Pub? Yep, snarky Kinsey. So...how do these underage gals handle bar orders, I wonder???

Also, I understand Nicole, on the plane back, advises Brady & Arianna to fasten their seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride......or something like that.......which is a direct salute to Bette Davis' famous classic quote from All About Eve.

That was at the very end of the show. Did not know that it was from another movie. I must have misssed it because I did not see Kinsey on the show friday. Funny she is working in a pub, but my niece worked in her Uncle's Pub when she was under 18 she was just not allowed to serve the drinks. If a drink was ordered she could take the order to the bar and the bartender would fix the drink and another person would bring it to the table.

You know, Ari & Brady would have had time to get married if they hadn't taken time out to do the horizontal!:wink:

But then, tPTB wouldn't be able to drag the 'drama' out ... will they marry? or will Nicole interfere? They've got to keep it up for at least a little while. :D

I have just ordered several cases of baby shampoo from amazon.com. The shampoo can be used to wash your eyes out with soap as a remedy for seeing something unseemly on your screen -- Bo and Carly kissing, for example. Many viewers said they found this remedy quite effective during the Daniel and Carly face-sucking scenes a while back.

I'm having the order shipped overnight, so we'll have it by Monday's show. You can pick up a bottle or two in the Spectator lobby on Monday morning.

And because this is the Spectator.......NO sales tax! LOL

I'll be stopping in. Even when I try to FF, I invariably stop at the wrong place and get a glimpse of something I didn't want to see. I put my hand over my eyes and just look out of the corner so I won't get a full-blown image imprinted on my brain, but still, I think that shampoo will work better.

Are you selling it or giving it away kpatch. I won't need it for Bo and Carly, but it will come in handy at work when I bath the little ones.

Back