Monday, January 14th

Hi. I am new to the site..well new to being able to log in. I have been reading the Days Ahead for several months now. Thanks for all your hard work to get the stories out on the show. I work FT & dont get a chance to watch. Your updates are perfect!

Sounds like an exciting show!! I kinda wonder if John is pretending to be under Stefano's command just to see if he can figure out exactly what it is Stefano wants.

Welcome!!! And I think you are right....the showing of John earlier made it seem that he always finds his way to where Marlena is, and is drawn to her...so, lets hope he remembers her soon!! :)

thanks for the summary, Poirot!
I just can't wait to see the show! Sounds exciting...except for Decker stuff. I still have no clue how they are going to get out of that mess. Don't really care, though.

Yeah if I were EJ I would have said "Okay I'll tell you but first you have to get Sami and the twins into the witness protection program!"

So... I'm confused on the Claire kidnapping. Whey did Rob pull Belle out of the car? Didn't they want to kidnap her too?

I hope John & Marlena do get together quick & that he has his memories of her, even if he has to build the memories of everyone else.
I agree with so many that the kidnapping issue is over used & boring.
But my biggest issue is the Ford Decker story. Lets get this resolved & move along!!

I think we can all agree that the Ford Decker storyline is a bust. Hopefully, they will resolve this soon and be done with it.

Not saying that I do not want to see the college gang, but bring in some more new characters and show how they interact in college life. I think I would like that and I'm sure that the college aged viewers would really like that also.

But, still I can hardly wait to see Marlena and John reunited! She can work to bring him back from the brink!

It is funny that for our college scene, we haven't seen them in college at all. No books, no laptops, no studying, nothing! Just a bunch of parties and rapings...and they wonder why this story is a bust!

If I were EJ, I would have insisted Sami and the twins get out of town too before I said anything. I have a feeling that if it came to Marlena choosing between John and Sami, Sami would be bye bye. If EJ were evil, he would have played that card.

Sounds like another good epi, thanks as usual. (and glad you got home safely!)

Can't wait to see Marlena and Hope see John. :smile:

The scene(s) with Claire's kidnapping seem kind of confusing....why didn't the cop call for back up or something? Maybe I need to watch it to see how it actually went down. I will reserve judgement until I've seen it.

Well, it WAS rather confusing, but perhaps I did not explain it right. The cop calls on his radio, BEFORE leaving the car, to say he is leaving the car to check on an abandoned van. The dispatcher tells him to keep them advised, and does a 10-4. The cop walks over by the van, calls in what I think is the license number, or else a code for someone to come get this van away from blocking the way. When he ends that call, that is when Rob comes out with the firearm pointed right at the cop's chest, and tells him to gently lay his radio on the ground......which he does. There is no time to call for backup......but the police were aware there seemed to be a minor problem. After that is when Rob shoots the cop (rubber bullet). It is only a few steps to where Belle is in the car, talking to Philip, with Claire in the back seat.

I want to know WHY these cars have to be parked in the alley? Do any of you HAVE to park in an alley when visiting a diner, restaurant, shopping center, movie theatre, apartment building???? Just curious. LOL

I know they keep repeating storylines. This is the third I think. 1 when Belle and Shawn took her. 2 When the woman that put her in the baby contest took her. and now. You can add another one if you count the time that Philip took her from Shawn and Belle on the Island. Not as many times as Marlena yet.

Let us not forget the "fake" kidnapping...when Victor paid a woman to kidnap Claire from a restaurant (was it the Brady Pub or Cafe Java?) to make Belle look like an unfit mother.

CAN'T wait for Marlena to see John!

Tit for Tat

I would love to see John treat Marlena the way she treated him during her recent bout with amnesia. She only listened to Alex North instead of believing her family and friends and, most especially John, about what they meant to each other. Marlena had John tied up in knots all the time and I hope he unwittingly gives her the same treatment. I just hope it's not dragged out as long as the Marlena/Alex/John triangle. Bad, bad storyline!!!

Thoughts???

My first reaction to John's being alive was that he really did remember, or why else would he be on site with a knife (looked like a pastry knife LOL) and scrape off her windshield. But he is playing dumb to get the advantage, even if his memory is not 100%. Also no one ever said where Max put the old water heater with Ford inside! Hope they wrap that up ASAP! But I was touched by Max's tears as he sat with Stephanie after she told him about the rape. Wasn't Sami's ploy Friday to shame EJ into helping Marlena clever! She is a good match for his wits even if she is frustrating in her anger at Lucas etc. She's sick of pulling the load herself I guess - and worrying about everyone. I hope it really is Colleen DiMera -- would like to see that story finally get resolved. Love the new Nick - hairdo, attitude, coming into his own. Sweet but not a patsy. Finally!!!!! Happy weekend everyone - esp in snow country -- it's 75 degrees in So. Cal.!

lytnin-I just watched Friday's show and I did love how Sami got EJ to admit what he knew to Marlena. EJ read her too. That scene was great.

Honestly, I really don't see EJ and Sami getting together any time soon though. I feel like it is all business between them.

And I don't get how Stefano can come after EJ when it was Crystal who clued everyone on to Stefano. She is the one who should be freaking out.

I loved Chloe and Shawn...Chloe is the only one that can get Shawn to relax a bit and smile. I don't remember that with Belle.

I loved Philip today...that man rocks! He and Belle have some chemistry, but Belle wasn't making much sense today. When does Philip need to clear what he does with Belle???

Well, it WAS rather confusing, but perhaps I did not explain it right. The cop calls on his radio, BEFORE leaving the car, to say he is leaving the car to check on an abandoned van. The dispatcher tells him to keep them advised, and does a 10-4. The cop walks over by the van, calls in what I think is the license number, or else a code for someone to come get this van away from blocking the way. When he ends that call, that is when Rob comes out with the firearm pointed right at the cop's chest, and tells him to gently lay his radio on the ground......which he does. There is no time to call for backup......but the police were aware there seemed to be a minor problem. After that is when Rob shoots the cop (rubber bullet). It is only a few steps to where Belle is in the car, talking to Philip, with Claire in the back seat.

I want to know WHY these cars have to be parked in the alley? Do any of you HAVE to park in an alley when visiting a diner, restaurant, shopping center, movie theatre, apartment building???? Just curious. LOL

Thanks for the clarification, that gives me a better picture. Why does poor Claire have to be kidnapped AGAIN, anyway?? LOL.

Apparently they do not have parking lots, meters, or street parking in Salem. Go figure. LOL

I haven't watched all my life but most of it. I don't think Mrs H. was ever kidnapped.

I think we can all agree that the Ford Decker storyline is a bust. Hopefully, they will resolve this soon and be done with it.

A bit off topic, but did anyone see "Ford Decker" on the GHOST WHISPERER tonite? He played an angry jealous type that accidently caused the death of another student. The actor should be careful or he will be type cast as the "bad" guy always.

Days is certainly getting interesting lately and we get a lot of scenes w/the Vets which is great. We need to see more Doug & Julie though. JMO

New here

Thanks for all the recaps, its really nice of you to take your time and do them.
I hope the romance starts up soon with EJ and Sami they are so perfect for eachother. It seems that Sami and Lucas do nothing but lie and fight with eachother anyway. Why not have her be with someone who can keep up with her and she can keep up with him as well. Plus they are just so good together.
Max and Steph need to get it together to.

I would love to see John treat Marlena the way she treated him during her recent bout with amnesia. She only listened to Alex North instead of believing her family and friends and, most especially John, about what they meant to each other. Marlena had John tied up in knots all the time and I hope he unwittingly gives her the same treatment. I just hope it's not dragged out as long as the Marlena/Alex/John triangle. Bad, bad storyline!!!

Thoughts???

KathyLu, excellent point...!!! Marlena sure didn't give John a chance back then....!!!

Back