Monday, March 31st

I am so happy to see Sami and EJ back! There are great together. The Ava, Max/Chelsea, and Nick storylines are a bore! The show was finally getting back to the way it was in 80's when the writers were on strike now the story lines are boring and slow again. I do love the new John though and I can't wait to see Nicole.

I think some stories are starting to "build". but I would have to say that when this sorority/intern crowd are alone together, they do not seem to hold my interest either. When interacting with others, it seems to go a lot better.

Frankly, Chelsea is fully dressed, laying atop this huge bed. What was point? She could have been in the living room, library, anywhere in that mansion when her company arrived. She looked almost like a big doll propped up on the pillows. LOL

she's supposed to be resting. i guess that why she's in bed....and i guess its her first day there...so she musta not explored the mansion as yet..:)...wonder where chloe is at..?

I wonder if Dr.McStudly will make house calls..?

..hmmm..maybe thats when he will bump into the lovely ms nicole! :)

I really like that doctor... I relaize he's kinda rough onthe edges...but. its ok... doctor's don't always have to be clean and tidy... well I guess if I was thier patient...but on TV?>>> Its totally acceptable..

I've been reading for over a year but this is the first time I have posted anything.

Welcome to the board. You stated things very well and you are a great addition to the board.

Sizz~Thanks for the welcome.
:smile:

Poirot~I think there are more people on this board that love you and your hard work then those that don't. Otherwise why would be reading your write ups. Again I thank you.

I am glad that chelsea is getting the attention she deserves for saving bo's life. After all these years I hope that this will relieve her from the guilt of Zack's death.

I wish they would bring back the old John but leave him in "power" over Stefano's That would make ol' Stefano so mad :evillaugh:

I have been reading this site for a while but never posted and today I just couldn't resist! :) The whole "rape " issue with EJ is a hot topic I guess but I really wanted to say Thanks for writing the Day Ahead! I appreciate it. I have been watching Days since I was 6. 28yrs of Days and I am still a fan.

Barb,

I would like to add my two cents to the comments about the Days Ahead forum. One only has to look at the number of views each day to see how popular and widely-read it is. Frankly, there are many times when I would rather read your recap than watch the show. I consider myself a writer but I know that I could not be as succinct as you are in recapping it. Although I rarely say it, I do appreciate all you do and for starting this board in the first place. Not all message boards of this type permit personal categories like the ones you allow. After I check my glucose level and take my medication each morning, reading the new posts is the first thing I do and I very much look forward to it.

As others have said, we all need to remember that this is just a soap opera and we are not discussing real people. Of course we all have differing opinions about many things. It's only human nature and this old world be be a boring place if we all had the same thoughts.

Maybe we should all go back and read the Board Guidelines for a refresher. I have never found your edits unfair. In fact, I have noticed that you lean in the other direction more often than not.

It is well known that you prefer a Sami/Lucas coupling to Sami and EJ. So do I; however, I know we both respect the opinions of others. I can't see how Sami could even stand to talk to him but others love them together. Hey, I can handle that without getting testy! We posters need to be careful not to let others bait us into arguments about our opinions. It does no good and brings the atmosphere of the board down.

I'm sorry to be so far off-topic but felt, as others did, that some things just need to be said. Please don't let negative comments get to you and don't ever get so disappointed in us that you close the board. I would surely miss it...

KathyLu

:back:

Lots of things are happening now and that's the way I like the show. Bo should be going home soon and the Ava/Hope situation is going to be good. AvaLoon doesn't know she got a tiger by the tail when she kidnapped Hope. I'm looking forward to Nicole's stirring up some trouble and for Mickey to return although I can do without Chelsea's pajama party.

I sure love the spirited discussion here! Haven't ever seen this many comments on one day's summary! Thank you Poirot/Barb for your expertise, tolerance and fairness. I was glad to read your reply and explanation for your editing. As for the summary and the events: I think Max will find a partner in Nick and they will both become very successful in Nick's venture. They both need a foundation to become the next generation of Salem's entrepeneurs to replace the students and struggling workers. I also see rivalry between Nick and Dr. J - and I see Dr. J and EJ fighting over Nicole! And as for the EJ/Sami rape thing, they did make it ambiguous enough that it's understandable that there are differering opinions here. And just like the couples-switching method on just about every soap I've ever known about, it's for entertainment, so we get to see different pairs to break up the monotony. They do it with EVERY couple. That is what Soap writing is all about anyway, along with dubious medical facts ... !! I am glad that the pace of the show has been higher for months. I love Sami's love-hate relationship with EJ. She has reconciled that he has a legal right to his son and she's better off just managing the relationship rather than keeping him as an adversary. Without a husband around (Lucas that is), she really was smart to get him to help with the twins and still keep her distance. Good weekend to all!!!

I know a lot of people find the Ava story boring, and I admit it had a slooooooooowwwww start. But I'm loving it now! Mostly because of Hope. I can't even look at this like a kidnapping! :) Ava thinks she's in control and knows all but Hope has all the cards. She's not the victim, she's like an under cover cop and it's awesome. I am so glad to see this NOT be another victim storyline.

And Ava, as nuts as she is... she plays it really well!

LOL, O.K. you guys have made me smile, and actually laugh really out loud. Especially at Mr. Tanningbed. That cracked me up.
I knew this morning that as funny and entertaining as the EJ/Sami scenes were, that some unpleasantedness would undoubtably develop here anyway. I tried to head it off with editing and was not successful. I did have to eventually delete a post. Never did think about "troll".....hmmmm.

And I will thank all of you now, because you ALL kept level heads, and did not add to the problems. I appreciate it. Truly.

For the record, I like Bryan Dattilo's portrayal of Lucas, I like Alison Sweeney's portrayal Sami, I like James Scott's portrayal of EJ.
All three are beautiful people, good actors, have great rapport with each other, and do a good job with the material they are given. And I am not gonna rehash anything. Love you all. Thank you again.

Thank you for all you do! I never thought I would see someone get angry on this board either. It is all supposed to be fun discussing stories, characters, actors, etc., not bashing someone because of their like or dislike. You are a great moderator to this board and don't let someone make you feel as if you're not!

new to site but have watched days from start

as a very long time fan of days, I have watched the show go from the days when all the story lines centered around the hortons and the hospital. In fact until Roman was introduced no one even knew who the brady family was....as to the rape story line..it is an old one..and if my memory serves me correctly for those of you who loved jack and jennifer..jack raped jennifer......now what will really be a good story is to have Ava's father turn out to be a really mean guy..worse than any dimera....I also use to watch another world and in the end rachel ended up with the bad guy who became the really good guy..and lets face it we really all love stephano..he is a great actor..and I miss him....so anything can happen in soap land

Just an FYI.......Jack never, ever raped Jennifer. And this thread is about the show on Monday, so let's stick to that, o.k.?

@Jade....you are right about Hope, and your observation is even more apparent on Monday in this show. Hope knows exactly what she is doing. I loved when she said "I met Steve over 20 years ago". And then went on with the story. She wanted to shock Ava and did! And the plane crash.........she wanted to make Ava feel the pain, as she was acting so callus.......and she did. Hope may be being held against her wills, but she is definitely holding all the cards.

Thanks Poirot!

Oh my, I just read this thread and I had to tell you thanks. You are so awesome to spend your time on us! This is a great site, I count on it everyday now. Logging in is just like visiting with a bunch of old friends.

Thank you for guarding us from the bashing. We know you are just protecting us from evil:evillaugh:

Hopefully this thread will remind us all of why we are here:

To share our world with others, who have a love and addiction for the same thing......A Silly Unreal Soap Opera called "Days of Our Lives." It gives us just a little time out from the real world, that is full of real evil and bashing.

Thanks again for keeping us safe!

EJ and Ava match up

I'm new to this site. I love it! My mother has watched this since the beginning then I was born during an episode! Been watching ever since.

Wouldn't it be great if EJ showed up while Steve was meeting with Ava? Then Ave and EJ could hook up. I think Ave is wonderful and so is EJ. I just don't like EJ and Sami together.

I think the reason Max was looking at Nick's grant was to fine tune it. Max used to be a racecar driver, had his own shop and is familiar with mechanics, so I think that's what he was doing was fine tuning the grant, not messing it up. I envision Nick getting into the project, realizing something isn't working properly and Max comes in and makes it all better. As far as Sami and EJ, he is a weasel, I'm sick of seeing him and Sami together, and want them to let Lucas out so they can be a family again. Is it even possible for twins to have different dads, I may have to research that one, because it seems so ridiculous that it just ticks me off. EJ sucks, and they need to write him off the show.

Hi, just to answer your question about twins having two different dad's, it is possible, but rare. Although it can only be fraternal twins, not identical twins because there is only one egg that splits into two for identical, but fraternal twins occur when the ovaries release two eggs at about the same time, and if both are fertilized (one with one man's sperm, one with another) then twins can have different dad's, but this would all have to occur in within the same day or so. (sorry if this is TMI, but I am actually a fraternal twin, but my twin and I have the same dad, and my doc explained the different types of twins to me as a I had the same question Dejavu)

oops, I saw that someone already answered the twin question, lol. sry new to the thread, I just want to say thank you for these wonderful descriptions of the show! It really helps me with my weekend days w/d!

I have really tried to emphasize that conversation here be about the summary. There are other forums where opinions about storyline/characters/future story are discussed and explored. I am moving a few posts from here, rather than delete them.

Please try to stay on topic.

Question---Does this change in Max's character remind anyone else of Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting?

The "blue collar" genius angle? Hmmm?

Thanks for the summary Poirot. Normally I fastforward past the Sorority Girl scenes, but I think I will watch just to see the interaction between Nick and Morgan.

please forgive about mixing up jack and jennifer

sorry, about my mistake..you were right..jack raped his first wife kala..and not jennifer..but the point was that jack was bad and then was good, so EJ could also have been bad but now become good??? but I like Sami/lucas..they just have that magic..EJ and Nicole..now that would be something...only problem is EJ does not have any money..and we all know Nicole likes money...

Back