Monday, November 12th

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Monday, November 12, 2007

Episode #10,696 Taped 10/17 Director – Herb Stein

Today deals with the aftermath of the shooting of EJ, who is still in surgery. An angry Stefano is convinced that the shooter was Roman, telling Sami that a father will do anything to protect his children. Sami retorts that her father would never murder anyone, but Stefano asks what she thinks her father would have done if he came upon her & EJ at the time their son was being conceived. “You mean when he raped me” spits back Sami. “What’s the matter, you cannot even say the word? There is not a jury in the world that would convict him of justifiable homicide”. Ah, says Stefano, so he would kill someone if it could be justifiable homicide. He asks if that is why she wore black to the wedding, expecting to be a widow right away. Of course not, replies Sami. They go a few more rounds, with Stefano once more threatening the Bradys if EJ should die.

In the ER, Claire has been pronounced O.K., and Belle talks to her, saying something about Daddy not calling back and getting a cab. No need, as the ever present Philip comes up, offering to take them home, perhaps stopping for ice cream first. Belle takes him aside (leaving tiny Claire on the bed that has no pull up sides, tsk, tsk) telling him he has to stop trying to use Claire to get to her. He pretends innocence, then mentions taking Claire to see Sami. Belle is surprised Sami is there, learns about EJ being shot. They all go to see Sami. Belle asks about Marlena, but Sami has not called her, feeling she has enough to deal with after burying John. Belle offers to stay with her, but Sami says no, her father is on his way. Philip is claiming he will watch Claire, but Sami says no, Claire should be with her mommy. (For crying out loud, this child was just scalded with hot coffee, will these people pay attention to her a bit?) Belle has called Shawn again, and left a message on his cell, (which he left at the station, along with his jacket). Later, Claire is in her crib sound asleep, Philip is still hanging around, and offers to secretly meet Belle once in a while, for a drink, maybe. She refuses, telling him half-heartedly he has to stop this, not come around anymore. He is indignant, loves Claire, but feels her drifting away from him. Belle is adamant, but takes only a second or two to respond to Philip’s kiss. She does push him away, telling him again to leave. He pulls out a card with his private number on it, only he answers that line, in case she wants to talk.

Bo & Shawn show up at Lucas’s place, questioning him as to his whereabouts between 6 & 6:30. Lucas doesn’t exactly lie, but just asks if they honestly think he would leave the twins all alone. He mentions Billie dropping by around 6:30. They dance around the truth a bit, with Bo taking notes, and finally leaving. Lucas goes to the chest of drawers once more taking out that gun. (What the heck is he worried about?)

Kate pushes her way into Stefano’s home, demanding to see him. Boris Karloff, oops, sorry, I mean Rolf insists Stefano is not there, but Kate will not leave until she talks to him. Stefano finally arrives, furious that he was called away from the hospital. And just WHAT was so urgent? Kate wanted to assure Stefano she did not shoot EJ. (Oh, brother!). Stefano talks of her coming over earlier, waving the gun around, Kate says she would never have pulled the trigger. Oh, a scare tactic, says Stefano, as he wraps one hand around her neck, beginning to squeeze, (oh, my, and he is so weak and sick, isn’t he?) as he asks again if she is sure she did not. He lets go, just as Bo & Shawn arrive, actually looking for Kate. Stefano advises Kate to get herself a good lawyer, and leaves to go back to the hospital. Bo questions Kate, who at first denies coming to Stefano’s with a gun, but admits she had one, got it off the street for protection after her car was sprayed with bullets, and then decided she did not want it, tossed it into a dumpster in some alley. Grain of salt time for Bo.

At the church, Roman is examining the spot where evidently the first bullet was found, as Abe comes up, mentioning he was supposed to have a night off. Roman says yes, but he thought perhaps Abe might need some help. Abe wants to know where Roman was, & learns of the group intervention, return to the Pub, and Bo taking Roman’s gun. They go all the way inside, with Bo & Shawn joining them. Up comes the other cop with Justin, the new guy in forensics. Abe introduces him, top of the class, etc. Justin is a no nonsense guy, asking all the right questions, and gets filled in on the fact there were 3 shooters, only 2 bullets recovered with one still in the “vic”. He goes to examine the site where the victim dropped. Bo gives Shawn his notes, telling him to go back to the station, fill out the report for him to sign. Abe questions Roman some more, but he was home alone, he claims, but assures Abe he did not shoot EJ. Abe leaves and Roman remembers watching the wedding, with a gun pointed at EJ. (I think he was hidden in a confessional), then also remembers hearing shots and being startled.

Back at the station, Shawn has finished the report, sees his phone flashing, listens to his messages from Belle, and takes off. He arrives at their room, just as Belle is reading the card with Philip’s private number on it. She hastily shoves it in her bra, and smiles as she assures him Claire is fine. Shawn quickly realizes Philip was the one who got them home, but Belle assures him he just happened to be there when Claire was burned, and not to worry. She told Philip to stop using Claire to get to her, and told him they had set their wedding date. They embrace, as Belle remembers again kissing a half naked Phil in their makeout session.

Back at the hospital Sami looks down at her hand with the wedding ring on it, and begins to try and rip it off her hand. She half turns as someone comes up behind her, and it is Lucas. He opens his arms, she goes into them, and not a word is spoken. He tells her he came to take her home, but she will not leave. She has to stay, EJ is still in surgery. She starts to say something about Stefano, but Lucas doesn’t care what Stefano says. He tells her she married EJ, it is what she promised, her part is over. No, says Sami, Stefano thinks my father is the shooter, and EJ may not pull through, and if he dies, God help us all. Roman arrives, Lucas leaves to check on the twins (Chelsea is watching them). Sami tells her father she has to ask, did he shoot EJ. Stefano seems to think so. Roman assures her he did not shoot EJ. He bends down, picking up the hem of Sami’s dress, saying What’s this. Sami looks, realization spreading over her face, as she asks if that is a bullet hole. Roman replies that it looks as though EJ was not the only target at the wedding.

Barb

I am sorry, forgot to mention that Lucas packs up the gun into a big box, which he seals up, and evidently sends to himself. Someone from either UPS or Post Office arrives to pick it up, mentioning that he is sending it to himself. Lucas smiles, says, yeah, it's just a little prank.

Also, if you have not yet read the Site information announcement, please make sure you do so.

Ok, so someone's out to get Sami now too?! The lady in black? Or was this a bullet meant for EJ or STEFANO but just happened to graze Sami's dress? Thats what I'm hoping. If thats not the case I'll be all kinds of confused.

Ok, so someone's out to get Sami now too?! The lady in black? Or was this a bullet meant for EJ or STEFANO but just happened to graze Sami's dress? Thats what I'm hoping. If thats not the case I'll be all kinds of confused. Also, on a "I'm going to hell" note I was in the car & on the radio they were playing a song called "Paralyzed" by a band Finger Eleven. And I thought of EJ & cracked up. Yeah, I'm evil.

You will not be the only one.

By the way....forgot to add, Kate & Philip are on the phone (forget who called who) and he wants to know what is up, why she wants to be rid of the gun. She says no questions, remember. Ah, he still has the gun, and either she will tell him, or he will turn it over to the police. He will talk to her in the a.m.

Maybe it is a good thing that Sami backed away from the kiss.

I can't wait to see Darren Zancan on Monday, sounds like he did a great job!

I think the shooter was the lady in black. (I hope it's Susan Banks). I also think the shooters were aiming for Stefano and EJ and just hit Sami's dress because of the close proximity.

Ok...does anyone else think that there may be a "rehash" of a possession again? Where is Marlena? These wack-o writers love to replay storylines that got them ratings before. Could she have been in black and trying to protect her daughter? I just can't believe she is at home knitting booties after delivering her grandchildren. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Why would Susan shoot her own child?

And if Marlena is possessed again, I am going to vomit in a bag and send it to the writers.........or are they on strike? LOL

I also thought perhaps the lady in black was Marlena.......but the credits cite a different actress playing the part. Caroline B...something.

Thanks! It amazes me how you are able to remember so much detail.

Still no Marlena? That's odd.

Why is Shawn tagging along with Bo? I'm sure regular Joe's aren't allowed to take part in an investigation. And what's new, Shawn is always no where to be found when Belle needs him. Philip is Claire's real dad, I feel so sorry for the child and everything she has to go through just because she has two dumb biological parents.

Please don't let it be a Marlena possession AGAIN.
I'll follow GeorgiaBelle and Vomit in a sack and send it tothe writers, if they are still on strike it can be waiting on their desk when they get back. EWEEEEEEE :-(

I do think that one of the bullets was for Stefano and grazed Sami. 87daysfan ws right, good thing she did back away.

Off subject.........Poirot where in Wi. are you?
Wa up there for vacation this year and it truly is Gods Country.

by GeorgiaBelle on 2007/11/9 11:01:42

Why would Susan shoot her own child?

Sorry, I didn't mean that Susan would shoot EJ. I was thinking that each of the three shooters could have been aiming for a different person (even Sami, now that I think about it...) Susan would probably have been aiming for Stefano.

I don't honestly think it was Susan anyway. I just would be nice to see her again. The idea of the lady in black being Marlena is intriguing, though as Poirot said, the actress is different so it's probably not her either. And no, PLEASE, no more possessed Marlena.

Maybe Santo and Colleen's grown, now older, child.

Hey, brainstorm, could the lady actually be a man?? Stranger things have happened before.

Hey, brainstorm, could the lady actually be a man?? Stranger things have happened before.

The lady in black is...ANDRE! He's probably not really dead...and he seems to enjoy dressing in drag. LOL

Now THAT makes sense. Andre wants to head the family. So, he would have to snuff out either Stephano or EJ or both.

Or, it's TONY. TONY would want Stephano out of the way because he was tired of being his pawn or to keep Stephano from hurting EJ.

OR, OR it's JOHN taking revenge on everyone and trying to protect Sami in the process. Sami's dress just happened to be in the way of a shot.

Let our imaginations run wildly away ~~

If the woman in black is really Andre, how in the world could no one notice such an ugly woman! :)

Back