My first day free of smoke

Congratulations! I can't say I've smoked or plan to, but my paternal grandfather used to, and when we were kids, me and my little brother kept telling him to stop. He started using those gums, and eventually quit. I know you can do it! We are all here for you to talk to if you're feeling motivated to smoke again.

here's to your continued success. if you fall back, you just quit again the next day.

you can do it!

you do not want to do it the way my hubby did, though. he hasn't had a cigarette since his heart attack.

I told him that I thought he could have found a way to quit that was easier on ME than that!

Well two weeks now I had a really bad day Tuesday and I did smoke :( But it was one that I kept lighting and putting out all day!! kept arguing with my self I want it , no I don't, yes I do ETC
Wednesday was a new day and I resolved to not let other people mess up what I am doing!!

One day at a time, as we all said. I remember my sister constantly telling me she did not know how I could do it. She kept trying. (but she carried a pack in her purse "just in case"). I told her one day, you will find you can and will. And she did. but it was because of being diagnosed with emphysema.

You, too, lookoflove, will succeed in the end. You have the will. And you sure have support here. Stay on the path.

That's ok the look of love!! When was the last time you went 2 weeks without a cigarette? How many cigarettes did you smoke prior to trying to quit? You have made a great stride in going 2 weeks and should be proud. So you had ONE cigarette and that was throughout the whole day! What about the last 14 day you didn't have one?!? Good for you. The next one might be in three weeks then four. Congratulate yourself each time you go longer without having one. These are accomplishments too and you should celebrate them............................But.....................not with a cigarette to celebrate how long you went without one!!!! LOL! Ohhhhhhhhh the mind of a smoker, eh!!

keep it up!

Back