New Days writers

The thing is, you really have NO idea why Higley was let go, and the fact she gets brought back should tell you something. As I said, Behind the scenes/backstage...things are said/done that never hit the media, so........just because a character has a lousy story, or maybe no story, is not to say the character (or actor) is not liked. And just because those backstage keep their mouths shut is no reason to let the guessing games and speculation be termed "fact". And that is just MY opinion.

By the way, Sheri Anderson WAS asked to return a couple years ago. She refused!!

Jason47's Days Website

Part of article on Jason47's site:

SOAP OPERA DIGEST ANNOUNCES "DAYS" NEW HEAD WRITERS DENA HIGLEY & JOSH GRIFFITH
Head writers Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell have been relieved of their duties, effective this Friday, February 13. The new head writers of "Days of Our Lives" will be Dena Higley and Josh Griffith, who begin work on Monday, February 16. With "Days" taping 5 months in advance, look for Tomlin/Whitesell's work to continue to air into July/August 2015, when Higley/Griffith's material will begin. This is Higley's third stint as head writer at "Days." She was previously head writer from March-August 2003 and was again the head writer from 2008-2011.5
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-major-writer-switch-days

This is great news to me. I will give the new writers a chance. I have been waiting for Days to get rid of Tomlin and Whitesell for over a year now. While I remember not liking a lot of the stories Higley was involved with, I do remember enjoying the show a lot more when she was writing than I do now. 'Since Josh Griffith is new to Days and new for me, as I did not watch the other shows he's worked on, I am hopeful he will be able to turn some of the storylines around so that this show becomes more interesting and more like the show that I remember and loved.

No, we ALL don't know any such thing. Higley was hamstrung during her time because of Whitesell, plus there was something else which I will not go into at all.

Then, Tomlin & Whitesell came aboard, tinkered with/changed storylines. i.e. Stefano really WAS supposed to be dead, shot to death but they resurrected him to keep the DiMeras going. And then they killed off Jack in the aftermath of the tunnel explosion.

Marlene Poulter and Darryl Thomas were actually the writers who killed Stefano in 2012 before Tomlin and Whitesell resurrected him.

Dena Higley delivered some awful plots during her last stint (2008-2011), the worst of which included Rafe 2 and hooker Chloe. Not to mention irresistible, man magnet Melanie. And don't get me started on Bo suddenly moving Carly in his and Hope's house. I don't know how I feel about this.

Edited to add: The only thing I primarily liked about her tenure were the Sami/Rafe and EJ/Nicole pairings (that's before EJ kicked Nicole and Sydney out of the mansion, leaving them homeless and started sniffing around Nicole's sister Taylor).

edited to write out phrase....JS

Not a fan of Dena Higley but she has written some great storylines and she has written some lousy ones as well. I think her best storyline was the Nicole/Sami/EJ triangle with the baby switch, I believe that was her storyline? lol. Having this other head writer might help her out with ideas and more originality as well. I really wanted to see Lorraine Broderick take over the head writer position though. I liked her work on All My Children.

At least when Dena Higley was writing back in 2008-2011 we recognized the characters and their history! they weren't some aliens dropped in Salem and took over the city. She also knows what romance and love is about, more then jumping into bed with everyone in Salem. She may not be the right person for the job, but she is 100x better then what they have now. I might start watching again.

Marlene Poulter and Darryl Thomas were actually the writers who killed Stefano in 2012 before Tomlin and Whitesell resurrected him.

Dena Higley delivered some awful plots during her last stint (2008-2011), the worst of which included Rafe 2 and hooker Chloe. Not to mention irresistible, man magnet Melanie. And don't get me started on Bo suddenly moving Carly in his and Hope's house. I don't know how I feel about this.
Exactly. And I won't even get into how she writes women. This could be good news for Nicole though, because from what I've seen/heard, Dena Higley wrote her quite well? Nicole only recently became a favourite character of mine, so someone else would have to confirm as to whether or not they think Dena Higley's writing for Nicole was good.

Edited to add: The only thing I primarily liked about her tenure were the Sami/Rafe and EJ/Nicole pairings (that's before EJ kicked Nicole and Sydney out of the mansion, leaving them homeless and started sniffing around Nicole's sister Taylor).

edited to write out phrase....JS

Thanks for clarifying...I was pretty sure she was 2 writers ago - I guess anything is better than Tomlin/Whitesell, but oy...how about a fresh-faced speech therapist who's loved the show for 30 years and wants to save it? And hasn't been fired twice already!! LOL

HAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl::clap::wink::love::wine::hug:

I know I shouldn't celebrate just yet since we'll be seeing the same bad storylines for a while and Higley might screw up again, along with the new writer...but I'm hoping for the best, and just jumping for joy that these AWFUL writers are gonna be GONE!!!!!!!!

Back