Paul and Sonny

I do wish they'd make Paul bisexual...we don't see many bisexual characters on TV, whether they're men or women, but we do see a lot of gay men and lesbians. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I think the bisexual community deserves some fair representation. Plus it means that Paul would have a wider pool of potential partners, and wouldn't be restricted to the probably role of being a home wrecker.

But some fans do want the Will-T thing to happen, so perhaps the writers will do that. I don't want that to happen, but it could.

I almost feel like it won't happen because viewers want it. As for Sonny and Paul, I'm guessing Paul was in love with Sonny, but didn't want to come out of the closet because he is a sports figure.

Just going to elaborate over here since I mentioned a minute ago in the Today in Salem thread. I find myself with quite the conundrum. I love Will and Sonny, but I like the idea of Paul and Sonny. I'm guessing Paul didn't want his sexuality to be public because of his career and even though they were in love, Sonny didn't want to be treated like a dirty little secret.

So Sonny probably broke up with Paul and thus the start of his "adventures". The fact that after seeing each other for the first time in at least 3 years they look at each other as if they were still in love makes me want to know more. It would probably explain why Adrienne was so protective of Sonny and was convinced Will would break Sonny's heart after he came out and they started dating.

Will gets no sympathy from me today. He's such a whiny twit. Never mind the implausibility of him writing this "amazing" Sami Brady movie solo. No assistants? No other writers? Shhhhhhhhhya right.

I'll second the time difference. I guess this week, Sonny is located in Australia or something. ONLY IN SALEM.

Oh, come now, Heather. You know he came to Salem because the Great and Powerful Surfer Dude Doctor was there to operate and not only leave Paul with no scar, but to make the arm more powerful than Steve Austin's, the Six Million Dollar Man!

That would probably make Sonny mad. At the same time, it'd be a juicy storyline.

I almost feel like it won't happen because viewers want it.

I completely agree.

How many viewers are clamoring for Will and T to be a couple???? This is the first I've heard of it.
I've seen such comments on YouTube, Facebook, and even a few on the Michael Fairman articles.

Reactions: jgk
Viewers like Tad, and want to see more of him. Until Melanie returned, there really has been no female (either regular or recurring) that was "available". Just because Tad and Will are friends since forever, doesn't indicate the characters have to get into a romantic relationship. For cryin' out loud, so many have bemoaned the fact that Days lacks FRIENDSHIPS, & they do. And to my mind, that is what Will needs, a good friend who can kick him in the butt verbally, make him face reality.

Will has taken away their daughter, is going to be gone for months, doesn't call his husband, and when he finally does, it is to ream him out??? Not a single tender word, no "I so miss you", etc. etc. Yep, Will needs a good friend to open his eyes.

What I don't understand is that when Guy Wilson took over the character of Will Horton, he was being prepped for a more mature older level headed version. Yet we see the complete opposite is true. I am truly disappointed. I love Will and more importantly I love Will and Sonny together. So when I read that I was all for it. I'm still a big supporter and have high hopes that Will will wake up and realize what he is doing.

Paul and Sonny - still on the fence about that one. I definitely want Sonny with Will, but would relish a glimpse into Sonny's past. Looks like I got one.

By the way, love T and agree wholeheartedly that he needs to air more, but T and Will together not so much. :)

edited to write out text-speak phrase....JS

They really are doing a sorry job of writing . Did Will even say "I love you". Geez They are still "newlyweds". These writers need a class on portraying emotion....or even a basic interaction among characters who know each other. Its awful how they are writing the show...and the scary part they are apparently thinking they are doing it correctly.

Soaphead, I think that is a deliberate point of the writing and an integral part of the story they appear to be telling - making Will appear distant and more focused on his career than his husband or their newlywed status.

They have the makings of a great story if they devote time and effort to it. The similarity between Paul and Will is glaring. Paul hides his sexuality and chose his career over Sonny. Will tried to deny who he was and eventually accepted himself but now he is putting his career above Sonny and his marriage. At this point, I wouldn't care who ends up with who in the end if it delivers a great story in the process.

I teared up when Sonny told Paul he wasn't doing him any favors by keeping his secret because he doesn't understand how Paul lives with. And Paul telling Sonny that nothing he did was because he didn't love Sonny. :cry:

I hope the writers don't go the way of cheap dramatics to amp up the plot because they have natural drama already built in. It's obvious they still have feelings for each other and it would be interesting watching them attempting to live in the same town with those feelings still there.

Paul wants to hide the fact he had this surgery, so is going to be holed up in remote town, USA. So....wouldn't agents of various teams wonder why he has disappeared? Be curious? Badger Paul's agent? Don't get how hiding away would help his career. Would he not have to divulge the surgery, otherwise his contract could be declared null and void?

Back