Peacock Beyond Salem 2 (interviews with cast)

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the site won’t let me read without signing up but I’ll watch comments to find out what’s up.

Can you read the Tweet?

Here's the rest of it.

Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell will be back in their signature roles of Hope Williams Brady and Bo Brady. Other familiar faces include Lucas Adams (Tripp), Camila Banus (Gabi), Mary Beth Evans (Kayla), Deidre Hall (Marlena), Remington Hoffman (Li), Drake Hogestyn (John), Victoria Konefal (Ciara), Stephen Nichols (Steve) and Robert Scott Wilson (Ben). In an epic, action-packed tale that spans the entire globe, from Monte Carlo to Hong Kong, heartwarming family reunions take a dangerous turn as a mysterious adversary wreaks havoc on their lives.

The next chapter of DAYS OF OUR LIVES: BEYOND SALEM is story full of larger-than-life romance, jaw-dropping twists, and high-stakes drama — and it all connects back to a plot that longtime DAYS fans will surely remember. “We are beyond thrilled to be partnering with Peacock again to produce a second chapter of DAYS OF OUR LIVES: BEYOND SALEM,” said Executive Producer Ken Corday in a statement. “Being able to build off of the storylines from Days of our Lives to create another exciting series for the audience brings myself, the Corday Productions team, and the cast so much joy. I cannot wait for the fans to see what we have in store next!”

Will be interesting to see if/how they address the fact that Bo died?? Will this pave the way for their return to the daily show or give them a "final" out?? Wonder what the old plot connection is?? So many questions! Hopefully they will put this on the free service, not the pay one.
I held out and did not pay to see the Christmas special and finally it was posted to watch for free.

This possibly could be something BEFORE Bo died........tho doubt it......but since the devil has been in Salem, maybe it is angel Bo coming to see his family, & help with some problem.

It looks like Bo and Hope’s epic love story will continue on after all.

Days of Our Lives' 10 Best Characters Ever, Ranked days of our lives pictures favorite characters

Peacock announced Monday that the Days of Our Lives spinoff Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem will return with five new episodes (airing Monday, July 11 through Friday, July 15) that will also feature the return of Days icons Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso.

Reckell and Alfonso are set to reprise their roles as fan favorites Bo and Hope — which comes as a big surprise, since Bo technically died in 2015. As you’ll recall, Bo was held captive for several years and reunited with Hope, only to die in her arms from a brain tumor he never knew he had.

Additionally, Alfonso departed Days of Our Lives in 2020 after 37 years amid a contract dispute, saying at the time, “I think that that chapter has closed, and a new one needs to be started.” The split wasn’t exactly amicable, either: Alfonso sniped that “in the last few years, Days of Our Lives is not the Days of Our Lives as I know it.

Beyond Salem‘s new tale will span the entire globe, from Monte Carlo to Hong Kong, as beloved characters from the OG series “trade the comforts of home for an adventure of a lifetime,” per the official synopsis. Over the course of the five-episode epic, “heartwarming family reunions take a dangerous turn as a mysterious adversary wreaks havoc on their lives. The next chapter of Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem is story full of larger-than-life romance, jaw-dropping twists, and high-stakes drama — and it all connects back to a plot that long-time Days of Our Lives fans will surely remember.”

Does Bo have a twin that we don’t know about?
Or maybe a cloned Bo?
Otherwise it will be ghost Bo or a case of Bo never really died and his body was snatched from the graveyard after the funeral. That seems to happen quite regularly in Salem.
Whatever the reason I am thrilled to see Peter Reckell return as Bo. I’ve missed him more than any other character. If they could just bring Alice back!

I am a long time reader of this site and thank all who contribute to its existence.
I am so hoping, like many of you, that the characters of Bo and Hope will be returned to the show and restore some dignity and class to what has become a joke of a production. The talents of the actors are so wasted on the horrible story lines, particularly the devil one, that are being written for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a long time reader of this site and thank all who contribute to its existence.
I am so hoping, like many of you, that the characters of Bo and Hope will be returned to the show and restore some dignity and class to what has become a joke of a production. The talents of the actors are so wasted on the horrible story lines, particularly the devil one, that are being written for them.
I wholeheartedly agree. I don’t watch anymore. But I will read summaries here and keep up with the general direction of stories. The last few times I tried to watch I cringed and felt sorry for veteran actors who play Kayla, Steve, John, Marlena, etc who are given awful dialogue and story to work with. I understand 100 percent why Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso left. The show is not what it used to be and the quality has taken a nose dive. Whether it be budget or writing or whatever, the show is a completely different show now.
With that being said, I will watch Beyond Salem just to see Bo and Hope again. That is something to look forward to. They seem to give more for budget (since it is on Peacock?) and the writing is a tad better than the regular daily Days on NBC.

I really hope it is free. Watched the first series with the jewels for free, but not Christmas, as you had to pay for it at the time. Peacock can be tricky. I once started a series, and after the third episode, I was prompted to buy a membership, and I did not continue to watch the show. Lesson learned: check to see if a show/series is completely free!

Shocked and stunned by this news!

I wonder how much money NBC offered them to lure them back as that is the only reason I can see them returning. I hope they rewrite history and write Bo as still being alive, reunite him with Hope and then have them sail off into the sunset (literally, their final scene should be them sailing of on the fancy face, leaving the crap fest that is Salem forever).

This looks like a desperation move on the part of Days/NBC to me, I hope Peter & Kristian are only coming back for a one-off appearance on this spin-off show/special. I did not watch the first installment of this but like tennisdocc I might tune in to this just to see Bo & Hope even though I dread what kind of story line this writer will give them. Looks like this joker is intent on going through the entire cast of the show (past and present) and ruining ALL the characters not just the ones that appear on the show these days.

I am so hoping, like many of you, that the characters of Bo and Hope will be returned to the show and restore some dignity and class to what has become a joke of a production. The talents of the actors are so wasted on the horrible story lines

I agree with your comments regarding Days (the show is atrocious, not sure why anyone would bother to keep watching as it has gone from bad to worse in my opinion) but do not want Bo and Hope to return to Days as long as the current regime is in place as they will ruin these characters just like they have ruined all others that have appeared since this guy took over as head writer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is,...Beyond Salem is separate storyline from Days,
I am glad these two actors have consented to participate in the Beyond storyline, but I would not want them on the regular show as long as the present headwriter is writing it, as I would not want their characters ruined as you all have mentioned has happened to other vets.
I do believe Peter Reckell left before the present Headwriter was hired. But Kristian Alfonso up and quit when they wanted her taking a 5 month hiatus. Peter wanted to spend more time with his family, and he has been doing just that, they have traveled all over, living in different areas for a while. In MY opinion, there just had to be more to whatever happened when Kristian quit suddenly, but I am fine with the explanation given.

I wonder how much money NBC offered them to lure them back as that is the only reason I can see them returning. I hope they rewrite history and write Bo as still being alive, reunite him with Hope and then have them sail off into the sunset (literally, their final scene should be them sailing of on the fancy face, leaving the crap fest that is Salem forever).

I like this ending but only if they take Ciara with them.......

Back