Peacock Beyond Salem 2 (interviews with cast)

Well I'll say it. Maybe Hope dies and is reunited with Bo. Honestly unless Bo is a ghost I don't want them to bring him back just for this. I don't mind them doing side stories like this that don't really effect the regular show but if he's actually going to be alive that's too much. And if they are thinking of bringing him back to the regular show I'm over that too. No more insane brought back from the dead please.

Well I'll say it. Maybe Hope dies and is reunited with Bo. Honestly unless Bo is a ghost I don't want them to bring him back just for this. I don't mind them doing side stories like this that don't really effect the regular show but if he's actually going to be alive that's too much. And if they are thinking of bringing him back to the regular show I'm over that too. No more insane brought back from the dead please.
You have a good point. It’s done too much (bringing people back from the dead). Especially the last few years with Dr. Rolf’s serum- EJ, Will, Ava, Vivian, Tony (or Andre?), I might be forgetting some….
I’d rather Bo stay dead and come back as a spirit or ghost that guides Hope. And if the actress wants it to be her last appearance on Days, they can make it so that she dies and joins Bo in the afterlife.
If Bo is resurrected it becomes some preposterous story that this current writer fabricates (see above characters brought back) and I - like many others- feel like that’s done way too much.
I can’t see these two actors going back to the show full time. Unless the big wigs have promised them a juicy story and a nice pay check. And I think both actors know better to believe the current regime of writers are capable of writing something good.

Does Bo have a twin that we don’t know about?
Or maybe a cloned Bo?
Otherwise it will be ghost Bo or a case of Bo never really died and his body was snatched from the graveyard after the funeral. That seems to happen quite regularly in Salem.
Whatever the reason I am thrilled to see Peter Reckell return as Bo. I’ve missed him more than any other character. If they could just bring Alice back!
I am betting Bo clone and an imperfect cloning process is what killed him. Dr. Rolf needs to work on his cloning tech while in prison. Seriously, though, it's probably just going to be Ciara imagining what life would be like if her dad were still alive.

There's an old movie on Turner Classics that shows up once in a while...The Ghost & Mrs. Muir. The premise .....She buys & moves into an old house, near the ocean, previously owned by a deceased sea captain. His portrait hangs in the house, she gazes at it, facinated, & yep, his ghost is hanging around. He pesters, teases her, she tolerates him, he tells her some stories, but eventually, he realizes this is not good for her, & doesn't let her see him anymore. She grows older, really older, eventually passing on while in her rocking chair. And thus her ghost is joyfully reunited with his & they go off into the netherworld together. Lovely movie, Rex Harrison & Gene Tierney. And that is the only way I'd appreciate and love to see Bo together with Hope that would be half way believable.

There's an old movie on Turner Classics that shows up once in a while...The Ghost & Mrs. Muir. The premise .....She buys & moves into an old house, near the ocean, previously owned by a deceased sea captain. His portrait hangs in the house, she gazes at it, facinated, & yep, his ghost is hanging around. He pesters, teases her, she tolerates him, he tells her some stories, but eventually, he realizes this is not good for her, & doesn't let her see him anymore. She grows older, really older, eventually passing on while in her rocking chair. And thus her ghost is joyfully reunited with his & they go off into the netherworld together. Lovely movie, Rex Harrison & Gene Tierney. And that is the only way I'd appreciate and love to see Bo together with Hope that would be half way believable.

I loved that movie! There was also a TV show, "based" on the movie, starring Edward Mulhare and Hope Lange. It was on in the late 60's and it played for comedy. I could see Bo and Hope in those roles

Call me bitter, but I hope they're paying Kristian Alfonso scale and charging her for promotion.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm hoping Hope dies and that is what reunites her and Bo. Otherwise this is just stupid.
Granted, we don't know the inside details of her departure, but from what we were told, it seemed like when they wanted to rest the character for a handful of months, then bring Hope back to Salem with a big storyline (supposedly with a Navy Seal or retired military man), the actress appeared to not take it well and quit on the spot, leaving the show in a bit of a lurch, literally in the middle of a front-burner storyline.

I know, nobody "owes" their life to their job and when you've had enough, you've had enough. I think many of us have been there personally. But she just quit mid-storyline, with scripts still to tape. Why not at least tell management she was done, and let them write a somewhat decent farewell storyline? It's bad enough when shows get rid of someone and recast a character mid-storyline, but to up and quit, and leave the show in a bind, just felt unprofessional. But that's just my opinion.

But that's just my opinion.
I agree. Ask for a different story and meet halfway, make an appearance or two, leave. Hope had front burner stories for 20+ years without fail. Marlena and John were written off the show, Steve and Kayla, etc. Ms Alfonso thought she was the show, and they couldn't live without her.

Yes, other long time vets were written off the show, and gone for some time. But they were back. heck, currently, Steve, Kayla, John & Marlena barely get a minute or two of airtime per week. Just saw a scene with Ben & Marlena that was cut out from last week.
It looks like there is a completely different method of filming going on, & doubt if it has to do with the pandemic. Everyone takes their turns at vanishing from sight for certain lengths of time.

Back