Please end it - my ending

SarahBeth

Reaction score
This Hope story is just aweful, boring and non rootable for me. I can't stand Rafe and Hope as a couple. I see no true love, so I want to vomit every time Rafe starts flipping out at others accusing them of not caring enough or not understanding the situation.

Then there's Eric. I was so glad he was gone and want to vomit that they brought him back. Just how is he getting a hold of pharmaceutical inject-able antibiotics? At this point I would have Hope die in Eric's care. No more Rafe and Hope, and Eric goes back to prison. Now that's a happy ending to me. Sacrificing Hope to do it is acceptable.

And just how long ago was it that we had to watch Hope badly injured, next to death and away from any real medical help?? :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind Hope and Rafe as a couple. They don't bother me either way. But I agree with you on the whole Eric thing - that storyline needs to stop, and quickly, and I'm really not happy about Eric being back either. After being off the canvas, no one mentioning him, and then all of a sudden he's back? And able to get antibiotics that can help Hope? Ugh.

No, I don't want to see Hope die because I think she could be useful down the line if they give her a good and meaty storyline. I think the real problem is that the Prague storyline isn't really moving forward. It had some good color when Anna was involved, but now it's just dying on the vine. Those "games" that Marlena referred to in today's episode had better be good.

The real problem is that no storyline is moving, period.

No tomatoes, but I actually like Hope and Rafe as a couple. They slowly moved from friends to lovers, and I'm fine with that. To me, it has the potential for a beautiful love story.

The problem is all the crap surrounding it. Indeed, Hope's fever should be over and done with. Eric taking care of her ? All right, sure, why not ? For a day or two maybe... Now, him stealing antibiotics, giving shots. Too stupid for words. He's no doctor. Then again, neither am I. But I know not all antibiotics are good for everything. Some medications are better for some situations than others. So how does he know what to pick ? But this is the tip of the stupidity iceberg, really. Plus, why bring back Eric, if it is to give him the same martyr look and gloom and doom attitude he had when he left ? Enough already. Most of the time, I can't make what the guy is saying. Stop with the mumbling, buddy !

And don't get me started on how long the Prague storyline is taking. Talk about a waste of great talent and wonderful characters. The only thing I do like is that Paul is involved, and he's a character I like and a great addition to the show, in my opinion. I'm glad he's mixed up with the likes of Steve, Kayla, Marlena and yes, even Rafe. I still like him. I think it's quite normal for him to snap sometimes, to be impatient, to be worried about Hope. Again, the problem is not Rafe or the others. It's the snail pace at which these horrid storylines move.

Again, the writers are doing a terrible job. Really terrible.

I think the reason the stories aren't moving is because the characters are trapped in the sets. We aren't watching them do anything. Even if they spent all this time searching and had a bunch of fake-outs it would have been better because they were actually doing something. The stories don't move because they are trapped at the hotel and that cafe. The sets are limiting the story. That's just my opinion though.

I hope splitting up Hope and Rafe permanently is #1 on the new regime's to-do list for Hope. Should either of them have to croak to end the pairing from hell, I want it to be him.

I blame the poor writing. Prague better get moving or I'm going to fall out of my chair asleep. Hope's storyline is just plain boring, move it on already. I'm glad Eric is back. I hope to see a good story for him and maybe with Jenn.

I like Rafe and Hope together. I also like that Eric is helping her. But I think it's ridiculous both how he is able to get these prescription injections so easily, and also how ridiculous it is she is even this badly hurt. I mean, really? It just seems a bit over the top for me.

So does the situation in Prague. It's just all so over the top. I'm so bored and annoyed with all of this. Show me more of Nicole getting her baby back. That's all I care about currently.

Oh, and can someone shut up Claire? Claire is annoying. I just want to slap her.

Hope ripped her stitches open, lost blood, and infection set in. Eric got the injection stuff from a neighbor whose mother had pneumonia, so had this stuff a her house, He gave injections when he worked in Africa.

Yep, it is all a bit far fetched, and convenient, for sure. I guess they really wanted to get her out of the prison and figured this was the only way to do so. ???

Reactions: jgk
These plots are too lame for words. The Prague thing would be second-rate at best, but without Joseph Mascolo to play Stefano, it's a complete non-starter. I agree that it should be wrapped up with the news that the whole thing is an Andre hoax, complete with Andre sitting in the DiMansion laughing heartily as he tells Chad how he raised the hopes of Hope's friends and then sent them on a wild-goose chase. As for getting Hope out of jail, previous plot lines provide perfect methods: early release for exposing prison criminality, blackmailing the governor into granting a pardon, or acting as a prison informant. Currently, a role in exposing Sheila and Coco and ending their reign of terror would certainly suffice.

Last edited:
I have been reading comments on this site for quite awhile and finally decided to 'chime in'. I have watched the goings on in Salem for the better part of 40 years so I understand why people get so passionate about what happens and who is with who from day to day. We feel like we know these characters as well as we know some of our friends and family. And just like friends and family, we like some more than others. That is okay.

But Days is entertainment, nothing more. Yes, it's far fetched a lot of the time and characters go through amazing personality transformations to support a storyline. Personally speaking, that is why I tune in every day. It is a great escape from real life anxieties and I doubt it would be half as much fun if every story made perfect sense. I chuckle when I see complaints about how long storylines last. Way back when, storylines would go on for months and months!

I think Days does a decent job of moving things along and sometimes I think it is too fast. I sometimes miss the days when a couple would dance around each other forever before finally getting together. I am just really grateful that DOOL is still part of my life every day because I know one day it won't be.

Remember the good old days? I can picture storylines in a myriad of different soaps, where someone was on the run for a variety of reasons and people closest to them almost discovered them. There was considerable tension that they would be uncovered. And, yes, it went on for extended time, but it wasn't a random day player as a policeman etc. It was a real adventure.

The storylines on Days now are so tedious and drawn out. No suspense, no almost gotcha. Everything is tedious and unfulfilling. Before they were all about Ciara and her Debbie-downer stories that had overload airtime and focus. Now it is insipid Claire. The people known for delivering gritty storylines are as deep and riveting as Keystone Kops. Having Belle defend Chloe in an unsympathetic court case drama is stupid. No one really wants Chloe to have the baby one second more.

All I know, is I am closer to pulling the plug. Constantly giving new writers six months to fix this tripe, is beyond fair to Days loyal fans. Starting to look like Cub fans - wait till next year.

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post directly above your own post - JS

I agree that the storylines are different now, but we're older, too. We don't necessarily relate to the Claire/Ciara type stories like younger viewers might. And Days has its moments. I thought the way the hits on Dario and Andre were staged while Deimos played Chopin was gripping.

I can harken back to Hope as a young woman, Jennifer and Adrienne as teens etc. I can relate to the stories of today's teens. I taught their age group for many years and still "sub". Today they are written one dimensional and unlikable. My opinion. You do not have to agree.

Reactions: jgk
I guess it is because teens of today are rarely like the teens of 20-30 years ago. I really liked the Last Blast teens, maybe they all were able to act, or maybe they had better stories......I don't know. I do know they did not have cell phones and laptops which occupied all their time, and they cared about others, and did not seem to be as self absorbed as this group is. I don't ever remember them even trying to sneak booze....but this current group seems to just.......well, be just not as likeable. But then, they have had terrible storylines, so......guess it just is a whole different ball game.

Like when the remake a really good movie, but change the dialogue, actors don't fit the parts, change location, etc. etc.

Or to make perhaps a better point......Can you imagine Casablanca being such a classic movie, if the original choices for the parts had been cast - Ronald Reagan & Ann Sheridan? Or how about Music Man, whose original choice was Cary Grant?

You've made some good points, Poirot. I haven't been able to put my finger on exactly what it is, but I also really enjoyed the teens in the Last Blast era, and I wasn't anywhere close to being young when they were around. The current teens range from boring to downright annoying to me. Claire is the worst. Some in the Last Blast were unlikable, but it was a "love to hate" kind of thing. Jan Spears (?) was such a one. But Claire just needs to get off my screen.

I hate Rafe, I wish he would leave. He has been in bed with more women than Dr McPervy (Daniel) did. As for Hopeless, I couldn't care less what happens to her either.

Back