Possession & whatever

I have watched Days since it started. I like the real stories about love and loss and victories and family. My favorite characters right now are Rafe, Nicole, Roman, Abe, Jack, Kate, Maggie and even Xander. If I find out the show is moving forward with the possession story I don’t watch. I haven’t watched at all lately. It sounds like I won’t be watching for a long time.

As far as the possession story is concerned all I can say is MAKE IT STOP. It is not remotely entertaining. Marlena in her devil costume made her look like a hag - certainly not a look Deirdre Hall would embrace at her age. Now that Steve has Kristen, time for him to find John and they both go to work on Marlena. Unfortunately, if this continues with Ciara and Ben's baby, it's time to call Celeste.
It is beyond stupid, it was stupid the first time and even more so this time, there just has to be a more realistic stories than “the devil” I’m taking a break from DOOLs for a while

It's getting worse. Today made me feel super ill—raising women's rapists from the grave and expecting us to be entertained by the idea of those women being terrorized. What exactly do they think the fan reaction is supposed to be when Allie sees Zombie Charlie or when we see Gabi's full reaction to Zombie Nick? Even seeing Ava with Zombie Charlie today gave me a sick feeling. I hate all of it.

Yup it would at least be better if Charlie came back to torture Ava. I sort of hoped they would wall this stuff off from the regular stories. If you want to do something like this it can't bleed into the other stories in a bad way. Have Charlie torture Ava and then she can leave. Have Deimos come back and tell us who killed him and have it be someone already gone. Maybe Hope? :) Not sure who Nick could go after. The people who teased him when he was a nerd?

I was really hoping Charlie would murder Ava. That would have been a twist - two dead mobsters in the commissioner's house, and no prints on the weapon. Story for years.

I mean, I'd rather have skipped the silly possession story altogether, but if we're stuck with it, at least develop the characters and do something interesting.

I did something this morning I didn't think would happen. I've removed Days from my DVR. I've been watching since 1974 (between college and jobs). I bought my first VCR when Bo and Hope got married in London. I can not handle the possession storyline. Can't remember what I did during the first possession. Don't remember that much about it. I do plan to start "taping" again when it is over. Will be keeping up with the storyline here and reading everyone's posts. Y'all are the best!

I find myself fast-forwarding through the possession storyline. I remember the first iteration many years ago, and it was very different. I was happy to see it end when it did and I have no interest in it at all now. It's so stupid, not the least bit entertaining. I enjoyed seeing some old characters come to life, but that could have been a Halloween dream episode, and there were better ways to get to Allie telling Tripp she loves him (not sure I believe her) and Rafe and Nicole on the office table. Seeing Nick and those flashbacks reminded me what Gabi has been through, but that story could have been done differently, too.

I can't see how this continues much longer. Even if they want the demon baby story (I hope not), they could end Marlena's possession and make it so that she doesn't remember anything she did as Marl-atan. In other satanic baby stories (sadly, this is a thing), the pregnancy moves quickly, so it could be that the baby is spawned before Christmas.

I didn't see this thread until just now. Poirot, I agree with everything you said in your opening. I'm so far behind in watching, partly because I've been busy and partly because I don't want to watch the possession thing--or much of anything else they're showing. The last episode I watched was Oct. 28. I've got the others recorded and keep thinking I'll watch parts of them but really, it's more trouble than it's worth to try to navigate through all the fast-forwarding required to miss things I don't want to see. Maybe I'll delete them. I do appreciate all of you who are writing up summaries though. That makes it possible for me to watch an episode if one turns up that isn't so awful.

I read that Deidre Hall enjoyed the possession storyline and while she is an actress and is doing a good job playing the role, would someone please tell her that the fans of Days want it to end. Kudos on a fine performance, but enough is enough.

Back