Prayers or good thoughts requested

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My niece, daughter of my older sister, has been told she has melanoma. She has cheap insurance and is trying to find a surgeon to work with her. Her primary care doctor thinks the cancer may have spread to her lymph nodes already.

I will update this as I hear additional information from them.

So sorry to hear about your niece, thought and prayers to you all

Oh, my....I do pray all will go well. Prayers definitely.

I am so sorry to hear this. I will add you to my prayer list also. I pray she finds a great doctor as well.

I am so sorry Robin. That's what got my mama. It was in her lungs, liver, spleen and lymph nodes. And this was in her 6th year after having the spot removed - supposedly you are "clear" after 5. I will pray for your niece. I hate cancer.

I am so sorry. Hopefully, God will help the doctors find a way to help her. God bless all concerned.

Robin - it's not the healthcare system. We have excellent healthcare in this country. It's the insurance system that sucks. Working in healthcare, I felt I should make that distinction. :)

Sorry dachsie, yes it is not the people actually working in the system. It's the insurance system. The change to for profit health insurance is the worst thing that happened to the everyman.

Thank you for the correction.

Yes, sort of, niece was able to find a surgeon. He explained everything that was going to happen, IV, gown, intubation, and such. But as of this date no surgery date has been shared. Not sure if that is good news. He doesn't think it's that serious, or he is that booked?

Back