Really, John?

Discussion in 'Daily Days' started by SarahBeth, Feb 9, 2018.

1. SarahBeth

SarahBeth
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, but I just don't buy that John would ever kill Steve, let alone pull a gun on Will and then shoot him or Paul. Even under a threat to Marlena, he would find a way to nail the person ordering him to do so. And as much as I loathe imposter stories, this had better be one or John is forever ruined.

#1 SarahBeth, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
    dtkssk, katmouse, KathyLu and 3 others appreciate this.
  2. DaysLuver68

DaysLuver68
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    I am hoping so Sarah. With that said, I think this traumatic experience will force Will to remember. It was too coincidental for Justin and Sonny to be talking about that today

SarahBeth, katmouse, sway and 2 others appreciate this.
  3. ShaSha

ShaSha
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    Evidently, I believe this storyline is to have Will get his memory back. And why John would be poisoning Steve? Now John may be shooting Paul as well. This is foul and horrible. Hate this whole storyline. ShaSha

SarahBeth and gramcracker appreciate this.
  4. karibeari

karibeari
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    I hope that it's an imposter because John would never shoot at Will or Paul but an imposter probably wouldn't have had second thoughts about poisoning Steve. I can't even imagine what all this nonsense is about but I do know that it is extremely frustrating and I really dislike it.

#4 karibeari, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    SarahBeth, katmouse, ShaSha and 1 other person appreciate this.
  5. Just Samantha

Just Samantha
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Wondering if John had blanks in the gun?

soapkitty, DrBakerFan, katmouse and 2 others appreciate this.
  6. karibeari

karibeari
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    Are there tranquilizer bullets? :confused:

soapkitty, katmouse, ShaSha and 1 other person appreciate this.
  7. gramcracker

gramcracker
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    Why would they want Steve dead? There cannot be a logical answer to this.

sway and YPG appreciate this.
  8. ShaSha

ShaSha
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    Obviously Steve did something that the ISA wants him to pay with his life. This is not a good group of people. They used to be, but of late, they have become, a spy group gone amok. :angry: :beat:

Karibeari, I like the idea of John using tranquilizer bullets. ShaSha

gramcracker and ErasofDiMeras appreciate this.
  9. Poirot

Poirot
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I think Steve knows something, was witness to something, that the ISA wants buried forever. Something the government/Congress would not approve of, and they are trying to cover their backs.

Steve may not know or realize what he has seen/experienced/knows is detrimental, but if he did, he would blow the whistle. JUST SPECULATING

ShaSha and ErasofDiMeras appreciate this.
  10. DrBakerFan

DrBakerFan
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    When all this is over, Marlena should demand that:
    • John immediately sever all contact with the ISA;
    • the ISA's criminal conspiracy be reported so that this corrupt, brutal, inept organization can be disbanded;
    • apologize profusely to Paul, Will, Kayla, Steve, Kayla, Joey, and Little Trippy. (Perhaps, "I'm very sorry. I've been a complete fool. That's a fact");
    • get a thorough medical exam from Kayla because he obviously has a screw loose;
    • take a lengthy vacation so that when Sami comes to Salem do some serious, high-volume screeching about his treatment of Will, he'll be far, far away.

gramcracker, sway, ShaSha and 1 other person appreciate this.
  11. ErasofDiMeras

ErasofDiMeras
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    I do think it's odd that the ISA all of a sudden is forcing John to murder Steve. I thought it was interesting Will was asking if John was being a pawn again, in which case is actually true. At first I thought the ISA was upset about Steve lying about murdering Ava on a ISA mission. But that seems so mild to kill him for that. I agree with Poirot likely Steve knows something.

I also wonder if Will gains his memory back thinking he is so close to death? And yes I cant wait for Hurricane Sami to return to Salem to bash in John's head and throw in his face about the conference room for the millionth time!

SarahBeth, sway, ShaSha and 2 others appreciate this.
  12. Poirot

Poirot
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    When John was the Pawn, he did not have any memory of who he really was. Right now, he knows full well who he is, who his friends and relatives are, etc. He is being blackmailed, Will does not know that.

All Will......and Paul.......know/knew is that John was poisoning Steve, in an attempt to have him eventually die. They think something is wrong with John, he has been hypnotized, brainwashed or something. That said, no matter what they thought, it was just too, too stupid, for Will to confront John, say he was not going to let him .......etc. etc. Will is a guy with amnesia, facing off against a trained ISA agent, a man who has outwitted and outdone countless bad guys. Sheesh!

ShaSha, ErasofDiMeras and oldsoapie appreciate this.
  13. karibeari

karibeari
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    A little thing my husband and I have been throwing around is if tranquilizer bullets are a thing, he's doing that to get Will and Paul out of the way of danger and stop asking questions until he figures out how to stop what's happening involving Steve.

It makes no sense that he's hurting Steve to save his family from being hurt then turn around and hurt his family himself. Not that it makes sense that the ISA would help Steve cover for Joey then now want him dead. Unless that's why they are mad? Joey told the truth thus exposing that they lied to keep Steve out of prison for saying he killed Ava. But is that enough to want him dead? Honestly it's a very annoying storyline!

14. Just Samantha

Just Samantha
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Steve didn't lie about murdering Ava as part of an ISA mission. John called Pamela, the head of the ISA, to come and say that Steve killed Ava as part of a mission, and she quickly obliged. Steve had no idea what was going on, but was smart enough to keep his mouth shut and just agree with what Pamela and John were saying.

15. ShaSha

ShaSha
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Received:
    Whatever is going on, John already quit the ISA a while back. Seems they still want him to do this to Steve, by threatening his family. John does seem very mechanical of late.:huh:John always reminds me of Clint Eastwood. The voice tone, the Dirty Harry persona, etc., even the facial expressions. This has been a Clint Eastwood character since he came on the show. Now that he is older, John exhibits more of the Clint Eastwood characteristics. :eek: :love:ShaSha