Rew's Rum Cake

Rew's rum cake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My mouth is watering. Wait a minute, I am actually drooling. Homer Simpson style.
Thanks Rew!

Chocolate cake/pudding mix with a good DARK rum is to die for.

Maybe I'll make some come Christmas time - in my new kitchen in my NEW HOME!

You all, of course, are invited. Rum cake, your favorite libations and a gorgeous Arizona sunset.

Rew, keep that tank gassed up!

Guess SarahBeth better keep the bus ready too.

I'm just a few hours from La La Land too, ya' know . . . . .

Thanks, Rew. BTW I didn't see an answer to the question about amount of butter. 1 cup or 1 stick?????

I may give this a try at an up-coming family gathering. yum

Rew
U should have an option for "am jealous Rew's rum cake sounds better than mine".

Will definitely be trying your recipe.

Hokay....it's ma favourite time o' tha year...nun udder then.....(drum roll pleas) RUM CAKE TIME. Yippppeeeeee Skipppeeee. So try it out ya won't be sorry.

Bye the bye did I tell yer ahs bin makin' em fer my H.O.G. chapter once a month fer over a year now as a fundraiser fer the funeral of a fellow biker? Yeppers....brought in a lot of cash fer the bereavin' family. Everyone's been lovin' em and hoping I'll carry it through next year...only this time nobuddy's got ta hit the pavement in order ta git one.

Y'all got question on the bakin' jest holler now ya hear?

I was thinking of doing a pinacolata one...adding coconut and pineapple to it.....stay tuned... :)

This has my vote! Love Pinacoladas....use to make a blender full, fill up the tub with bubbles, grab a good book and fall asleep in the tub after drinking the blender full! wake up cold and looking like a prune. It was my Saturday night special for me every once in a while.
What better than to mix booze with sugary delightful cake!
:drunk: :drunk::drunk:
Did you try one yet Rew?

Okay Rew, I just read further down the post & see you did the Pineapple Cocoanut.
I am gonna have to get my sister to make this. My oven is not working right.
It sounds real yummy...Mouth watering just thinking about it.

thanks for the bump. since I have lots of time on my hands, I think I'll make some of these.

. . . . . may even try the Piña Colada one! :wink:
now I need to get a baby bundt pan. those are a great size for gifting!

REW! Just had to let you know this. I found the most curious item in the grocery store today
Jello GINGERBREAD PUDDING MIX!!!!! I'm going to try it in a SPICE cake version!
I don't have Captain Morgan, only Meyer's Dark (one of my fave rums!)
Hmmmmm . . . . . maybe I'll get a pint of CM for the cake . . . . .

Will keep you posted.

oooooohh, brown sugar would be good for this one. I use raw sugar here for most everything.

another rum I like is Gosling's Black Seal. It's very dark and, to quote my sister "tastes like a sippin' whiskey" and not bad priced. It (and any good dark rum) is very good in Ginger Ale (I prefer Vernors. I'm a Michigan girl. or the Target brand Archer Farms is also quite good) with a wedge of lime. :wink:

Back