Should we fold up?

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know many of us are not happy with present story, and some no longer watch. Yes, I do, and I can tell a few others do. But participation here is way down, NBC seems unable or unwilling to find a different headwriter, so am guessing it will all continue downhill. We cannot continue the site, without YOUR help. Whether positive or negative, comments count........and if you doubt the suits don't check.........yes they do. But if this site is not providing whatever you feel is needed, let us know.
We so appreciate & thank those who go out of their way to help out with various items. It would be nice if we heard from more of the over 8000 members here.

I don't think it's just here. I know other sites that talk about the show and they aren't active like
they used to be.

A lot of us here like chatting and keeping in touch with each other.

One of the reasons I watch is because I started watching with my grandma and it’s one of the things we can always share. So as long as she’s alive and watching - I will be too. I do so love our weekly Days chats even if she’s ranting about half of it

I echo all other comments....love coming here to read about Days and see what everyone has to say. Wish I was able to contribute more and help with summaries, but with my work schedule, I can't guarantee I could watch or get them up in a timely manner.
BIG thanks to all who do the summaries and to the admins who keep the board up and running. :love:

This Board is one of the things I look forward to each day. Sometimes I come here multiple times a day to see what the newest posts are. The suits at NBC should demand new writers. I have noticed that the contributors to this board actually have better story ideas than the current writers. I would love to see new stories with new and unexpected twists. When it looks like the writers are starting a newish story, everyone on this Board knows exactly how it will turn out. Come on writers - get creative, be bold! Come on NBC, insist on better writing! We the viewers will let you know when you get it right and we can get excited about the creative writing.

Ditto to above comments. Love Salem Spectator, although I don't always log in when I visit. I don't mind all the stories currently on Days. I'm glad Sami and EJ have broken up - I hope permanently. I love any scenes with Nicole and do like seeing her with Rafe and Brady. (Yikes!)

I am frustrated with the show but hesitate to write more and to sound like a broken record. I don't like the disrespect to longtime viewers. Get the story straight - someone on the writing team should be on continuity. Would hate to see this board go. Everyone who contributes is so generous with their time. Ken Corday is a disappointment to his parents. This slop he allows is insulting. Does he think we all are senile? If your fans don't back the show, that's a clue and it could cost him financially. We won't like every storyline or actor. Right now the good actors are being sent away and keeping mediocre ones. Introducing people as new characters because they were popular on another show is not always the answer. As in life, look to those who have been on the show forever and seek their input on what made the show great. We, as fans, know but I doubt he would read any letter from fans saying anything but We love it!

Oh my goodness, I'd be so lost without this board and all of you, you're truly my second family. I also don't have a DVR and I can't find blank VHS tapes to record the show the old fashioned way, so when I'm working in the office this is the only way I can keep up with the show. While the show writing is mediocre at best lately, I still love it as I feel like it keeps my spirit connected to my grandma who watched from the beginning.

Please oh please keep the board running, if you need more help with moderating or whatever, I'd be happy to help with that.

I hope you keep this site running. I enjoy reading the summaries, especially now that I can't watch on NBC anymore. the peacock site is terrible and constantly has errors and won't let me watch. So the summaries are all I get. Thank you for doing all you do to keep this site up and running, and thank you to all of you that volunteer to do the summaries.

I am one of those who no longer watch, but I come here every day to read the summaries. Even if I don't watch, I just can't quit the show completely! I hope you continue the site, as I always enjoy reading the comments and the snark. This board is one I can count on to always be kind and civil to each other (not necessarily towards the writers!). Thank you! And thank you to all of the summary writers. I really do appreciate you all.

Please don't go away. I love this site. I come here almost everyday to see what others have to say about the show. The writers at Days need to be replaced (as well as some of the ones higher up) but unfortunately if Corday thinks the show is doing okay, he's not willing to shake things up behind the scenes. However, the snark here when certain storylines are not making sense make the show more bearable.

Back